Help Me Choose An FPS Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Antoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Antoshi
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts

Well, basically, I asked some friends on another forum what game I should get: Battlefield 2, CS: Source or CS: 1.6. While some of them gave me an answer, others started to suggest Call of Duty 4. Now, instead of 3 games, I'm trying to choose from 4, and aside from the Battlefield 2 demo, I've never played any of these games.

Please help, thank you very much.

Antoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Antoshi
I played the demo for Battlefield 2 some months back, and I really liked it, but my team kept getting pwnt. I recall the first time I died, I was sneaking (or so I thought) around in a sandy area. I had my volume up sort of, and someone dropped a freaking missile on me, and I got so freaked out, it was great. I remember when you die there's a sound effect like a heart beating really fast, and I swear mine was beating like that one.

I like games that are tactical, but I also like games that can have a bunch of people in one game at the same time (the more, the merrier!), and have things really get chaotic in a hurry.

Well, basically, I asked some friends on another forum what game I should get: Battlefield 2, CS: Source or CS: 1.6. While some of them gave me an answer, others started to suggest Call of Duty 4. Now, instead of 3 games, I'm trying to choose from 4, and aside from the Battlefield 2 demo, I've never played any of these games.

Please help, thank you very much.
Begemott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Begemott
Member since 2005 • 808 Posts
Im going to help you. Get Team Fortress 2.
waheed_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 waheed_11
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
thank you very much.
Avatar image for KinsmanFrederik
KinsmanFrederik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 KinsmanFrederik
Member since 2008 • 397 Posts
Definitely you should get Bioshock. This game is more innovative compared to other FPS.
error11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 error11
Member since 2006 • 7163 Posts

Im going to help you. Get Team Fortress 2.Begemott

haha, this man speaks the truth

PuRe_CaNaDiaN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 PuRe_CaNaDiaN_
Member since 2003 • 204 Posts

Rule out 1.6 right away. It is a great game and all, but the majority of people who play it will probably have a half a decade of experience on you. That would make it borderline challenging or frustrating.

Source is a fun and technically stable FPS that is hard to go wrong with. I've played all the games you have mentioned, and while it is no longer MY game of preference, it is the one I'd still most reccomend to somebody else.

BF2 is a good game, however the last time I played it the majority of servers were running close quarter maps which kind of washed out BFs signature vehicles. In fact, it was basically a less refined CoD4.

CoD4 is a fun game and runs suprisingly well on my moderate computer. Although, I'd still reccomend Source over CoD4 only because CS is easier to get into.

Finally as Begemott reccomended, TF2. This would normally be my first reccomendation to you, but judging by the games you're looking at you're looking for a bit more down to earth and less arcadey FPS. Still...AMAZING game!

Avatar image for TheLordRagnarok
TheLordRagnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 TheLordRagnarok
Member since 2007 • 1076 Posts

You must do what I say next. Your life depends on it. Find your wallet and your keys. Proceed to the nearest game store. Head over to the PC section, and locate The Orange Box. It will cost $50. Proceed to checkout and hand over the money. Immeadiately head home, install and then play all 5 games, Portal is particular.

Do it NOW.

Antoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Antoshi

I guess I should also add this:

I played the demo for Battlefield 2 some months back, and I really liked it, but my team kept getting pwnt. I recall the first time I died, I was sneaking (or so I thought) around in a sandy area. I had my volume up sort of, and someone dropped a freaking missile on me, and I got so freaked out, it was great. I remember when you die there's a sound effect like a heart beating really fast, and I swear mine was beating like that one.

I like games that are tactical, but I also like games that can have a bunch of people in one game at the same time (the more, the merrier!), and have things really get chaotic in a hurry.

icey6ch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 icey6ch9
Member since 2005 • 598 Posts
cod4 is the most recent fun fps. Bioshock will last u 1 week tops if u play like a boss.
Antoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Antoshi
Hmm, I've been told that Team Fortress is lacking in the quantity department. "There is like 5-6 maps and only 5 or 6 classes."

I'm starting to lean towards COD4, it seems to get praise almost everywhere, and has a bunch of awards and honors as well.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Cod4, if you want futuristic 2142, TF2 is nice but it's cartoonish remember.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
TF2 then.
fireandcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fireandcloud
Member since 2005 • 5118 Posts
if you liked the bf2 demo, then get bf2. it's only 10 dollars!!!
Avatar image for Mapleleafs4life
Mapleleafs4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mapleleafs4life
Member since 2006 • 524 Posts
I'd say get battlefield 2, its only 10 dollars for the game alone or around 50 for the game with all the booster packs and expansions. The game has still a huge community. But if you plan on getting battlefield 2, to get the best experience this is what I recommend. Get a headset if you dont have one and try to find a clan to play the game with. The game is fun at first to just run around and do whatever, but its gets boring after a while after that new game effect is gone, you will get killed alot by the most of fustrating things. When your in a squad with a couple guys cordinating their attacks and working as a team, it'll give you an experience unmatched by any other multiplayer game. So I'd say either bf2 or call of duty
AnotherKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 AnotherKill
Member since 2007 • 1341 Posts
I prefer CSS since it's slower paced and more competitive yet you can easily have alot of fun.
NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#17 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts
You should definitely get Team Fortress 2. It's the answer to everyhing you're asking for here.
It's fairly tactical in that nobody does the same thing, it's no deathmatch. Yet it's very intense, there's a huge amount of people playing it (finding a full-enough server is a breeze), and if there's one word to describe it, it is chaotic. You'll have a lot of laughs and a ton of fun with this game. Definitely one of the best multiplayer shooters around.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#18 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Definitely you should get Bioshock. This game is more innovative compared to other FPS.KinsmanFrederik

Where have you been all my life!! :D