Hawt deal on tha firebird!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

Recently J and R and futureshop had sales on the hp firebird and now walmart is!!!

Get yours now guys ^.^ great for your teen going to college or your kid looking for an easy great, powerful pc.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11019320

It is a great machine and for only $900, how can anyone resist. Its small, about the size of 15 inch laptop and sooo enegery effiecent but as powerful as say a q9550 with a 4870 in it. Not to mention its liquid cooled and has 4 gigs of ram.

To bad the 803 is all sold out, as that model was just for launch, it had a blu-ray drive, free monitor and wireless N adapbter built into the mobo.

Note to people who are wondering wth that motherboard and graphics card are?

They are made by voodoo computers with the help of nvidia and intel. You can't get them anywhere else.

The 9800's are custom laptop gpu's made to run on low power but output lots of frames. In sli the 2 cards bench around a 4870.

Anyways, i just thought i'd like to share this find with you guys :D

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LibertySaint
Oh and not to mention you can join the Next Bench community once you are a owner. One of the best pc communities out there, helps with all your pc problems. If you have to send your machine in being part of the community will ensure it will be fixed within a day and back to you the next :D Voodoo computers, one of the last personal computer dealers....hehe
RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RedxSniper
Member since 2009 • 1097 Posts

That's horrible for 900$ i got so much more. Well for 980$ i got a 22'' moniter, Cm690, corsair 650TX, HD 4890, Q9400, 4GB Ram, Xp and Win7 ( free )., 320Gb HD. Also a P45 Motherboard. They don't list the power supply or motherboard. So they are probably no names or something like that.

Luminouslight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Luminouslight
Member since 2007 • 6397 Posts
That's a pretty decent price for the prebuilt. The specs are pretty good. There are some downsides: I don't really see the need for it to be so small if it is a desktop. And I don't see how you could get even a decent liquid cooling system for that size...
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LibertySaint

That's horrible for 900$ i got so much more. Well for 980$ i got a 22'' moniter, Cm690, corsair 650TX, HD 4890, Q9400, 4GB Ram, Xp and Win7 ( free )., 320Gb HD. Also a P45 Motherboard. They don't list the power supply or motherboard. So they are probably no names or something like that.

RedxSniper

Voodoo made the power supply and its external. Like i said they also made the motherboards, it equivalents is between the 780 i sli and 750i sli, that is why its called the 760a.
That's a pretty decent price for the prebuilt. The specs are pretty good. There are some downsides: I don't really see the need for it to be so small if it is a desktop. And I don't see how you could get even a decent liquid cooling system for that size...Luminouslight

It is good for a prebuilt, everything in the machine, like i said, even the graphics cards, are designed for voodoo, by voodoo with the help of intel and nvidia. Its a great machine for people who just want a nice looking machine and don't want to make one themselves.

This is not meant for pc enthusiasts, obviously. That's why its soooo small, lite, and green(it requires very little power, as much as low end notebook in fact!) It also so silent! Its liquid not necessarily for performance for being silent!

I personally own a blackbird, but for those looking for a great machine, easy to use, awesome looking, collector item! This is it! Sure the firebird isn't like the blackbird, but it is a great machine for your brother who has no idea what he is doing. It even comes with its own OS if you desire to use that instead ^.^ like the Envy 133.

Not to mentions the nextbench community ^.^ I love that community, everyone knows everything about computers, fun to talk with and you get inside info on new hardware and advances.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
ive seen a blackbird at fry's before. Its really not that small. just a little less than your average mid-tower
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
reminds me of the crappy computers at the library. they're like the size of a router. no thanks.
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LibertySaint

ive seen a blackbird at fry's before. Its really not that small. just a little less than your average mid-towerferret-gamer
Blackbird is EOL, you can't buy it anymore, if you have seen a blackbird recently it was a one of the last then.

The blackbird was made a collectors item, not as much as say an Omen, tho. Heck anything from voodoo is a collectors item because its not a case with parts in it, its all custom to make it worth it, and ontop of that the community and support.

This is the Firebird, not the blackbird.

The blackbird was for enthusiasts who wanted liquid cooling, tool less design, excellent thermal control and a kick as design. The firebird is more the blackbirds lil brother. Its good for lan matches and people who have no idea what they are doing with a pc but want a great pc, thats teeni tiny.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]ive seen a blackbird at fry's before. Its really not that small. just a little less than your average mid-towerLibertySaint
Blackbird is EOL, you can't buy it anymore, if you have seen a blackbird recently it was a one of the last then. The blackbird was made a collectors item, not as much as say an Omen, tho. Heck anything from voodoo is a collectors item because its not a case with parts in it, its all custom to make it worth it, and ontop of that the community and support. This the Firebird, not the blackbird. The blackbird was for enthusiasts who wanted liquid cooling, tool less design, excellent thermal control and a kick as design. The firebird is more the blackbirds lil brother. Its good for lan matches and people who have no idea what they are doing with a pc but want a great pc, thats teeni tiny.

ah sorry, it looks just like a blackbird and has the same specs.
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LibertySaint
[QUOTE="LibertySaint"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]ive seen a blackbird at fry's before. Its really not that small. just a little less than your average mid-towerferret-gamer
Blackbird is EOL, you can't buy it anymore, if you have seen a blackbird recently it was a one of the last then. The blackbird was made a collectors item, not as much as say an Omen, tho. Heck anything from voodoo is a collectors item because its not a case with parts in it, its all custom to make it worth it, and ontop of that the community and support. This the Firebird, not the blackbird. The blackbird was for enthusiasts who wanted liquid cooling, tool less design, excellent thermal control and a kick as design. The firebird is more the blackbirds lil brother. Its good for lan matches and people who have no idea what they are doing with a pc but want a great pc, thats teeni tiny.

ah sorry, it looks just like a blackbird and has the same specs.

lol np :) and roughly the same :P I'm just posting this for pc nubs or some one who just wants to spend money lol XD Idk i thought it was a good deal and felt like some people may be interested, guess not :(