having little trouble connecting pc to tv

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gin_maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 gin_maiden
Member since 2005 • 1206 Posts

on my pc graphic card i have 2 DVI ports, and one DVI i have a DVI-VGA adapter and that goes to my pc monitor. i connected that VGA cable to my tv screen and i was able to play oblivion on the tv, but when i logout of game and return to desktop, the tv is not able to accept the desktop signal. but thats not the problem im trying to fix, because i just wanna able to output my gaming experience onto my tv. so i kept the VGA cable into the tv, and connected DVI cable to my pc monitor, and here is where the problem occurs. when i have the DVI connected to my pc monitor, my tv is not able to find any signals from the origional VGA thats connected to it.

so basically i want to play videogames thru my tv, and at the same time have the pc monitor working.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts
You can try two things do a clone dual setup where both get the same signal or use a svideo HD composite for the tv.
kodex1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 kodex1717
Member since 2005 • 5925 Posts
Make sure that your refresh rate is low enough for your TV to accept it. It should be around 30, unless you own a newer Samsung LCD.
gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

on my pc graphic card i have 2 DVI ports, and one DVI i have a DVI-VGA adapter and that goes to my pc monitor. i connected that VGA cable to my tv screen and i was able to play oblivion on the tv, but when i logout of game and return to desktop, the tv is not able to accept the desktop signal. but thats not the problem im trying to fix, because i just wanna able to output my gaming experience onto my tv. so i kept the VGA cable into the tv, and connected DVI cable to my pc monitor, and here is where the problem occurs. when i have the DVI connected to my pc monitor, my tv is not able to find any signals from the origional VGA thats connected to it.

so basically i want to play videogames thru my tv, and at the same time have the pc monitor working.

gin_maiden

Yeaaaaahh1!, I think I can finally help someone else out (for once). I'll try, just right click on your desktop (no icons, just the desktop). then click on "properties" then your "video card settings" (mines Nvidia settings) then click "TV Out". Then it will go black, and then it will ask it you want to keep these settings (on your tv screen) then click yes.

I hope this works, because I spend't about 15min trying to type this. LOL (been drinking)

a_jacks2044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 a_jacks2044
Member since 2005 • 1104 Posts
^inebriated tech support XD
gin_maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 gin_maiden
Member since 2005 • 1206 Posts
yea thanks guys, i just had to go to my nvidia control panel and set up the two monitors and had to set up my pc monitor has "primary monitor"