Having issues with my GPU crashing..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dom_Hawk_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Dom_Hawk_basic
Member since 2002 • 411 Posts

Okay so i'm new to this.... My GPU HD Radeon 5970 is crashing like you wouldn't believe.... I've left messages in the AMD forums but business in there seems to be slow. I have the .dmp files but not sure if i shouild just post them up here for someone to look at.. I've read that the card has issues with a Windows Hotfix, but i'm not sure that is completely the issue. and I need help figuring this out, as it is depressing to be playing Metro or MW3 and have the whole world warp in front of you then BSOD. ...... I know clearly this is a first world problem.

InternetSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 InternetSwag
Member since 2011 • 213 Posts

What are you doing when it crashes?

Could be overheating, my 4830 had that issue when the fan stopped spinning altogether.

Dom_Hawk_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dom_Hawk_basic

i'm playing a variety of games. i just blew the card out, and i can hear the fan spin up.... it just randomly crashes. primarily its a atikmdag.sys issue

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts
Uninstall your AMD drivers and install the latest ones.
Dom_Hawk_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dom_Hawk_basic

i've got 8.911.xxxxx..xxx. i can't remember comes with catalyst 11.11c

even if i get into sae mode and do an uninstall and reinstall shouldn't i use uhhh.. ccleaner or disk cleaner (i've heard of the products not sure how to use them) to clean up the rest and if so how do i go about using them :) I really don't want to aggrevate my problems.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

Okay so i'm new to this.... My GPU HD Radeon 5970 is crashing like you wouldn't believe.... I've left messages in the AMD forums but business in there seems to be slow. I have the .dmp files but not sure if i shouild just post them up here for someone to look at.. I've read that the card has issues with a Windows Hotfix, but i'm not sure that is completely the issue. and I need help figuring this out, as it is depressing to be playing Metro or MW3 and have the whole world warp in front of you then BSOD. ...... I know clearly this is a first world problem.

Dom_Hawk_basic

Most non-retail businesses are in holiday mode.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16597 Posts

get a temperature monitor program and monitor the temps for a while. It could be the gpu overheating, or if not then maybe the drivers need to be updated.