Have you lost the fire for pc gaming

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Have you lost the fire for pc gaming (71 votes)

Yes 11%
No 63%
Somewhat 21%
Other 4%

No. its been 9 years straight and I still enjoy pc gaming and a good game on any system really as long as graphics are good and story is great.

Maybe on the 10th anniversary I might hit a rough patch

• 
BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#1 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17805 Posts

What? PC gaming is the greatest. I have been gaming all my life. I don't expect this to ever change.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

You're missing out on an important part of gaming though @urbangamez if you play all games on the easiest difficulty. The gameplay survival part adds to the immersion.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

My fire for gaming in general has died down but I will always enjoy it.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Somewhat, age and because companies do not renew their ideas.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

sadly , yes . but for hardware no !

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

If the trends from around 2010 continued then I would probably quit today, but no, free game engines, crowdfunding and steam changed that, today, pc gaming is better than ever, surpassing the late 80s - early 90s, IMHO.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

if you we are talking about traditional pc gaming yeah

these days i play everything with a controller(even fps) from the couch.I don't have the patience for m&k

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Been PC gaming for over two decades now, and what started as a bit of kindling, grew into a nice campfire for most of my childhood and teen years, is now a forest fire that probably takes up too much time :D

So no, I have not lost my fire for PC gaming, it has only grown.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#10 madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

I'm more casual as a gamer these days, which perhaps paradoxically makes me even more of a PC gamer. Back when I was more passionate about gaming, I would look certain console exclusives and think; "man, I wouldn't mind getting a console just to play that." These days, I'm thinking; "that's pretty cool, but the PC has all I need already, and that's enough for me."

Echocookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 Echocookie
Member since 2017 • 8 Posts

I am still very invested in to each game I play. I voted Other because it is my hardware that has become boring. I have been playing on the same computer ever since I built my first one. I own a 4K TV that is hung in my bedroom but I a) don't have a desk that can fit into my room and b) don't have a graphics card that could even play games at 4K. I plan on upgrading in the next year so then my fire will stay lit. It hasn't burnt out but I remember a time when I could max every game and that felt great. Now it feels a bit like defeat when I can't max a game.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

It's been... hmm... when did the Commodore Amiga come out? Well, that's how long its been and I'm still balls deep in.

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

I almost lost my fire for PC gaming. In fact, there was a time wherein I feel burnt out, and I also planned to quit PC gaming a few times but here I am, I still love playing games on my laptop/sometimes on PC.

SXSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SXSS
Member since 2017 • 23 Posts

PC is what you make it, if you get bored of the game you can always create skins, mods, program your own game, help people program, create servers, help with servers! It is an endless process of fun if you havent done any of this I recommend you do not only will this grant you experience in the gaming world but will possibly land you a job if you were interested in the field of gaming.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46247 Posts

I can't find these experiences anywhere but on PC:

• Company of Heroes 2
  • Day of Infamy
  • Rising Storm 2
  • Battlefield 1

Ok, the last game is on console too, but I doubt it's the same experience playing with a controller.

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 couly
Member since 2004 • 6277 Posts

I find myself getting bored with games in general very easily, maybe it's because i'm getting older. I used to finish games but now I have 5 or 6 unfinished games that I couldn't be arsed picking back up such as The Witcher 3, Prey, Fallout 4, ME4, etc etc. Maybe I need a break from it.

RPGFanatic619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RPGFanatic619
Member since 2017 • 13 Posts

As of now there are still alot of games that make me play on PC like Hollow Knight, Trails of Cold Steel, and The Long Dark also emulators.

I am also playing games that I ignored in the past like Icewind Dale and Arma.

I am a younger gamer after all, it will take me a while before I get tired of gaming.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@rpgfanatic619 said:

As of now there are still alot of games that make me play on PC like Hollow Knight, Trails of Cold Steel, and The Long Dark also emulators.

I am also playing games that I ignored in the past like Icewind Dale and Arma.

I am a younger gamer after all, it will take me a while before I get tired of gaming.

nice avatar!

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38676 Posts

i've lost the time for it ( or gaming in general sadly )

Yazu13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#20  Edited By Yazu13
Member since 2005 • 5185 Posts

When I transitioned from consoles to PC about 6 years ago, it opened my eyes to a lot of magic that I had been blind to. Indie games were still burgeoning at the time, but most of all, were nearly non-existent on consoles. When I got a proper gaming PC and loaded up Steam for the first time, I discovered a whole world of games that I didn't know existed. To this day, I have yet to play even half of the games I own on Steam, but I have encountered literally hundreds of stellar PC-only games that I never would have experienced had I never given PC gaming a shot. Instead of drudging through the AAA wasteland of recent years, I've always had a game worth playing if I needed it. In short, the PC fire won't die as long as you still play games.

*Conclude inspirational speech*

RPGFanatic619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RPGFanatic619
Member since 2017 • 13 Posts

@howmakewood: Never saw that coming. Well, time to replace it with Imoen.

Gallowhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 9

#23 Gallowhand
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

I haven't lost my fire for PC gaming, but I'm sick of all the DRM, tied to this or that online service, grinding for the sake of it, achievements up the wazoo, and microtransactions creeping into single player all over the place. *sigh*

Can't we go back to the way things used to be? Anyway, I play on consoles too, wherever the good games are.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Not at all. It's pretty much the opposite. Tha ks to VR I'm much more playing around with my Pc, seeing what games I can mod to run them on my Vive etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

I've lost the motivation to play games now. I used to play 8 hours a day but recently I struggle to play 8 hours a week.

Avatar image for radicalbradical
RadicalBradical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RadicalBradical
Member since 2017 • 29 Posts

Still love playing PC games after 15 years! There are still so many games that I need to play and finish, haha.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

When I game, I prefer PC. I am focusing on other aspects of my life more now days though. 1080 GTX is always ready when I want to play a bit.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#28  Edited By neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

I have tons of PC games to get through and I've got two very capable gaming PCs. My "fire" for gaming hasn't died down, but my available time to game has.

With the kids getting older, dogs getting older (poor husky puppy is 13, he hasn't long left in my life), the wife constant complains that I spend too much time gaming and now I've finally gotten my lazy ass up and devote 4-5 hours a week working out....my time to game is on the very back burner. I've shifted my time to higher priorities in life and what once took up a good 20 hours of my life a week (gaming) now maybe takes up 4-5 hours.

The wife likes to read. I like to game. The kids are getting the itch of wanting to use my computers for gaming, but I don't really let them since they still lack the common courtesy of being uncaring of other people's things (sticky fingers, leaving crap all over the desk, not picking up properly, damaging toys they play with and so on), they rarely get to use my computers.

If I'm not playing some co-op game with my brother every Friday or Saturday night, then the other couple of hours I put into gaming I'm currently working on Pillars of Eternity. Eventually I get through it. Solid game. Then I'll move on to one of the other 150+ games I own that I haven't beat or played or hell, even opened (yes, I have physical copies of games from years back that I haven't gotten around to playing yet). Some day...one day I just may get around to a lot of these games. I try not to buy anymore, but it's hard not to. Oh well, back work and then maybe I'll get in an hour of gaming tonight! Yeah!

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#29 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

How can I lose the fire? PC is literally the BEST platform.

slimchopra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 slimchopra
Member since 2003 • 28 Posts

Yes. After playing on PC for most of my life, I lost interest and found myself enjoying playing the Xbox One. For some reason I enjoy playing BF1 on that more than on my PC. I think it has something to do with sitting on a coach being more comfortable than sitting at a desk, and because playing online is much slower on console so I'm able to enjoy it more because I'm apparently not that good at most FPS.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

I still enjoy games as a hobby, but most weeks, if I could get 10 hrs in, that's impressive. I've got all this fancy tech, but when you become an old man like me (business owner, kids, etc) it's just hard to really get into anything, especially if it's a time demanding game. I still love the hobby, but I look forward to when I have more time to invest in it.