HATE You Hideo Kojima !!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Yeah...he looked so proud and happy up there...on E3, announcing MGSolid for XBOX.

What about us Hideo? hey...?

What about the platform that can produce more than both 360 and PS3 put together !!!

Yeah...I played MGS4 on PS3....it was awesome... but give us a MGSolid.

Sorry guys...I just had to vent.

I'm still frustrated so I'll go shoot some soldiers in COD...

Schnauzerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Schnauzerz
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts
mgs is a terrible, convoluted, pseudo intellectual garbage series. i dont care. i hated mgs3
kbkb221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kbkb221
Member since 2008 • 508 Posts
sony will stil have a new game.. big boss
Erik729

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Erik729
Member since 2006 • 1474 Posts

mgs is a terrible, convoluted, pseudo intellectual garbage series. i dont care. i hated mgs3 Schnauzerz

Why the hell are you on a gaming forum? MGS is a garbage series. Just because your "brain" is unable or maybe just unwilling to keep up with the intricate world of Metal Gear Solid, you call it garbage.

It is very rare to have emotional segments in games, characters you actually care about, relationships that you actually are concerned for. Metal Gear Solid games do this better than any game I have ever seen attempt. The only other example I can see would be Half Life games. In MGS4, there are subjects that no game has really ever attempted before. You see an old man, slowly dying, and living with getting old, and how it effects him on more than a physical perspective. It is remarkable to see a game deal with ideas like this: and actually follow through with them.

Oh yea, and the game is one of the funnest action/adventure games you'll ever play.

You can't call yourself a true gamer if you cannot at the very least understand and respect what the MGS series has done for gaming. If you don't think it is fun, that is absolutely fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion in that respect, but you should still be able to see how it has advanced the form of entertainment.

Schnauzerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Schnauzerz
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts

Why the hell are you on a gaming forum? MGS is a garbage series. Just because your "brain" is unable or maybe just unwilling to keep up with the intricate world of Metal Gear Solid, you call it garbage. Erik729

Im on this gaming forum because I enjoy video games. Perhaps you mistake everything with clones and flashbacks complex. I don't, this series needed an editor.

It is very rare to have emotional segments in games, characters you actually care about, relationships that you actually are concerned for. Metal Gear Solid games do this better than any game I have ever seen attempt. The only other example I can see would be Half Life games. In MGS4, there are subjects that no game has really ever attempted before. You see an old man, slowly dying, and living with getting old, and how it effects him on more than a physical perspective. It is remarkable to see a game deal with ideas like this: and actually follow through with them. Erik729

Yea, it is rare for games to have emotional impacts. I enjoy games that do, just not MSG. Thats great that you thought MGS did it the best, but I didnt. Half Life is an emotionally involving series? Now that golden. I'm sure the story of MGS has some merits, but again, if I wanted to deal with those issues, I'd read a novel.

Oh yea, and the game is one of the funnest action/adventure games you'll ever play.Erik729

But it wasn't.

You can't call yourself a true gamer if you cannot at the very least understand and respect what the MGS series has done for gaming. If you don't think it is fun, that is absolutely fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion in that respect, but you should still be able to see how it has advanced the form of entertainment.Erik729

Yes I can. MGS did for video games what Watchmen did for Comic books. It gave the idea to developers that convoluted, needlessly complicated stories are somehow more intelligent than more streamlined ones.

Keep MGS off the PC

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts

Srsly.. its like a really long movie. All games have cutscenes that are way too long. I just got really bored, so I never touched the series because of that.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
MGS is fantastic, I don't know what you guys are smoking. Fair enough, its an interactive movie to an extent, but theres some solid gameplay and very memorable characters to factor in as well. Was really hoping the announcement was MGS4 for 360 though...
Krayzie_3334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Krayzie_3334
Member since 2006 • 1303 Posts

http://pc.ign.com/articles/989/989101p1.html

UPDATE: Looks like there might be confirmation that Rising is coming to the PlayStation 3 and PC. Konami's list of games on Games Press now shows the title coming to those platforms. Check it out, yo.

-

I'm not a big MetalGear fan but I wouldn't mind if if this was ture

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#9 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
let me tell you something: you should grap an atari and get something like...I dont know...atari pacman if you dont like mgs, I mean everyone say the same "I avoid it because of the long scenes" without the long scenes, it wouldnt be anything, believe it or not, I CRYED on the WHOLE 44 minutes long last scene of MGS4, yes I REALLY cryed, also on raiding epilogue, and on meryl's epilogue, and when big moma was dead, the final boss battle its just epic, the soundtrack is awesome (I cryed in the credits for the nostalgic soundtrack) if you cant stand long cutscenes and strong history, go play some runescape!
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

[QUOTE="Schnauzerz"]mgs is a terrible, convoluted, pseudo intellectual garbage series. i dont care. i hated mgs3 Erik729

Why the hell are you on a gaming forum? MGS is a garbage series. Just because your "brain" is unable or maybe just unwilling to keep up with the intricate world of Metal Gear Solid, you call it garbage.

It is very rare to have emotional segments in games, characters you actually care about, relationships that you actually are concerned for. Metal Gear Solid games do this better than any game I have ever seen attempt. The only other example I can see would be Half Life games. In MGS4, there are subjects that no game has really ever attempted before. You see an old man, slowly dying, and living with getting old, and how it effects him on more than a physical perspective. It is remarkable to see a game deal with ideas like this: and actually follow through with them.

Oh yea, and the game is one of the funnest action/adventure games you'll ever play.

You can't call yourself a true gamer if you cannot at the very least understand and respect what the MGS series has done for gaming. If you don't think it is fun, that is absolutely fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion in that respect, but you should still be able to see how it has advanced the form of entertainment.

What has it done for gaming? Enlighten me.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#11 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
[QUOTE="Erik729"]

[QUOTE="Schnauzerz"]mgs is a terrible, convoluted, pseudo intellectual garbage series. i dont care. i hated mgs3 AAllxxjjnn

it revolutionated the action/stealth games (guess where splinter cell and assassins creed inspiration camed from?) also it' has the best videogame history, this game have done a countless number of things for the gaming, revolutionary graphics, gameplay, history. maybe all the actual games have a piece of the metal gear legacy
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AAllxxjjnn

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="Erik729"]

lightleggy

it revolutionated the action/stealth games (guess where splinter cell and assassins creed inspiration camed from?) also it' has the best videogame history, this game have done a countless number of things for the gaming, revolutionary graphics, gameplay, history. maybe all the actual games have a piece of the metal gear legacy

You need to elaborate, your post tells me nothing.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
Some of the ways MGS used unique ways to incorporate peripherals(rumble in MGS2, Psycho Mantis part, to name one) was never done before. As stated above, it paved the way for stealth gaming(was it the first game to have a lean function?). Great humor, mixed with serious social commentary, and it blurred the lines between film and games with its cinematic storytelling. Also probably some of the most memorable characters of all time.
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts

http://pc.ign.com/articles/989/989101p1.html

UPDATE: Looks like there might be confirmation that Rising is coming to the PlayStation 3 and PC. Konami's list of games on Games Press now shows the title coming to those platforms. Check it out, yo.

-

I'm not a big MetalGear fan but I wouldn't mind if if this was ture

Krayzie_3334
yeah, it seems Rising is going to be a full out Multiplat, good stuff
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="Erik729"]

lightleggy

haha no it diden't.

It made the genre much more populer but innovated NOTHING.

If you like MGS then your really like japanese humor and anime. Thats how I see it.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"] What has it done for gaming? Enlighten me.JangoWuzHere

haha no it diden't.

It made the genre much more populer but innovated NOTHING.

If you like MGS then your really like japanese humor and anime. Thats how I see it.

It actually did revolutionize the genre. The sequels to MGS are evolutionary, but original MGS did indeed set new standards for not only the genre but 3D computer gaming in late 90s. It was a marvelous period to experience these games I must say.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#17 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
let me tell you something: you should grap an atari and get something like...I dont know...atari pacman if you dont like mgs, I mean everyone say the same "I avoid it because of the long scenes" without the long scenes, it wouldnt be anything, believe it or not, I CRYED on the WHOLE 44 minutes long last scene of MGS4, yes I REALLY cryed, also on raiding epilogue, and on meryl's epilogue, and when big moma was dead, the final boss battle its just epic, the soundtrack is awesome (I cryed in the credits for the nostalgic soundtrack) if you cant stand long cutscenes and strong history, go play some runescape!lightleggy
*SPOILERS!* The entire ending in general should've been cut down. Big Boss just wouldn't die. He kept rambling on about how everything starts with "Zero," and would constantly repeat the same crap over and over again. It took him too long to die. It would've been more incredible if he said some inspirational things and died within the minute he was seen, instead of giving us another drawn-out documentary. Don't get me wrong; I do like Metal Gear Solid. The second one in particular is the best. It just has some glaring flaws. Like everyone before me as said: It is in desperate need of an editor. Also, the fourth and fifth Act in Metal Gear Solid 4 forced you to shoot. It really wasn't about "stealth" as much in this one as the previous ones.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

[QUOTE="Erik729"]

Why the hell are you on a gaming forum? MGS is a garbage series. Just because your "brain" is unable or maybe just unwilling to keep up with the intricate world of Metal Gear Solid, you call it garbage. Schnauzerz

Im on this gaming forum because I enjoy video games. Perhaps you mistake everything with clones and flashbacks complex. I don't, this series needed an editor.

It is very rare to have emotional segments in games, characters you actually care about, relationships that you actually are concerned for. Metal Gear Solid games do this better than any game I have ever seen attempt. The only other example I can see would be Half Life games. In MGS4, there are subjects that no game has really ever attempted before. You see an old man, slowly dying, and living with getting old, and how it effects him on more than a physical perspective. It is remarkable to see a game deal with ideas like this: and actually follow through with them. Erik729

Yea, it is rare for games to have emotional impacts. I enjoy games that do, just not MSG. Thats great that you thought MGS did it the best, but I didnt. Half Life is an emotionally involving series? Now that golden. I'm sure the story of MGS has some merits, but again, if I wanted to deal with those issues, I'd read a novel.

Oh yea, and the game is one of the funnest action/adventure games you'll ever play.Erik729

But it wasn't.

You can't call yourself a true gamer if you cannot at the very least understand and respect what the MGS series has done for gaming. If you don't think it is fun, that is absolutely fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion in that respect, but you should still be able to see how it has advanced the form of entertainment.Erik729

Yes I can. MGS did for video games what Watchmen did for Comic books. It gave the idea to developers that convoluted, needlessly complicated stories are somehow more intelligent than more streamlined ones.

Keep MGS off the PC

It's already on PC

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
Ooh, I agree with the guy bashing MGS. From what I played of the latest one... ugh, Japanese melodramatic cheese. The sort of writing that plagues Japanese pornographic visual novels... a sort of melancholic heaviness driven by romantic pseudo-philosophical reflections, broken up by long bouts of nothingness and the occasional comic relief... if that makes any sense whatsoever.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside
Really....whoever says MGS Series is garbage or crap..... has either: - Not played it cause they don't have a PS2/3.... and therefore are jealous - Know nothing about gaming - Just bash it cause its mostly on consoles - Some other stupid reason Fair enough.... I can say some cut scenes are way too long or over-used.... But the stealth gameplay...the presentation, storytelling, story, character development and relationship, and the list goes on is top notch. Like someone else said...I have only seen this quality presentation in the Half Life Universe.... and MGS was doing it back in MGS1, start of 90s....
sub-raid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 sub-raid
Member since 2006 • 1613 Posts

Yeah...he looked so proud and happy up there...on E3, announcing MGSolid for XBOX.

What about us Hideo? hey...?

What about the platform that can produce more than both 360 and PS3 put together !!!

Yeah...I played MGS4 on PS3....it was awesome... but give us a MGSolid.

Sorry guys...I just had to vent.

I'm still frustrated so I'll go shoot some soldiers in COD...FelipeInside

Yeah they always forget about pc.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

mgs is a terrible, convoluted, pseudo intellectual garbage series. i dont care. i hated mgs3 Schnauzerz

that feeling is mutual between you and him, trust me. that should be enough to stop the ranting on this thread.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

i don't want to sound harsh, but really, this platform has shown neither the respect nor the buying power this mega franchise deserves. You think Hideo Kojima and his fellas want their effortsto be disrespected mostly because of biased and elitist attitude? let's not forgetting the fact that they are already doing VERY well without coming to pc. so... yea.

dannyw7982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dannyw7982
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts

Geez i didn't realize MGS had so many fanboys on gamespot. People are allowed to dislike your fave game people. I think its utter garbage too but hey thats just me.

Don't mind people defending a game but when the agruement boils down to stfu noobzz itzs awesome and your wrong type of arguement it gets a little silly.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside

i don't want to sound harsh, but really, this platform has shown neither the respect nor the buying power this mega franchise deserves. You think Hideo Kojima and his fellas want their effortsto be disrespected mostly because of biased and elitist attitude? let's not forgetting the fact that they are already doing VERY well without coming to pc. so... yea.

Jinroh_basic

I understand that..... but him releasing it for a lower console like the 360, and not for the greatest platform of all is sort of a let down.

But hey....now there is news it's coming to both 360 AND PC.... SO ALL REJOICE !!!

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside

Geez i didn't realize MGS had so many fanboys on gamespot. People are allowed to dislike your fave game people. I think its utter garbage too but hey thats just me.

Don't mind people defending a game but when the agruement boils down to stfu noobzz itzs awesome and your wrong type of arguement it gets a little silly.

dannyw7982
NO... What I hate is when someone says it's garbage.... Fair enough...not ur cup of tea....fine. Just comment "I think it looks great, I just didn't like it" or "people say it's great, but not my type of game" But just because you don't like it to saying it's a garbage/crap game is just naive. Hey... I never liked the Thief series.... but I always said it had high reviews from people so I believe it must be a great game.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

Metal Gear Solid: Rising is also coming to PS3 and Windows

dannyw7982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dannyw7982
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="dannyw7982"]

NO... What I hate is when someone says it's garbage.... Fair enough...not ur cup of tea....fine. Just comment "I think it looks great, I just didn't like it" or "people say it's great, but not my type of game" But just because you don't like it to saying it's a garbage/crap game is just naive. Hey... I never liked the Thief series.... but I always said it had high reviews from people so I believe it must be a great game.

No... When i use the wording "I Think" its pretty much like saying IMO so it still stands i think the game is garbage. No that is not naive as i have tried them thanks to having a friend who's a massive MGS fan, so im used to listening to this kind of crap. Take the latest installement, over 20 minutes just to actually start playing the game, if i wanted to watch a badly written *** cartoon i would have bought one. The story isn't well written at all and assumes you have bought every game. The gameplay is nothing special or new, just another copy paste from previous attempts. I can understand you may well love the game, my friend even hails the halo series as the best fps series ever and i havn't killed him yet so i don't mind someone having an opinion. However i can't say i think the game looks great when i don't. It's another shallow, generic stealth game to me.
Pengu-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pengu-X
Member since 2006 • 141 Posts

Um, I thought Kojima pretty much invented the 'stealth' genre with the Metal Gear Series.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="dannyw7982"]

dannyw7982

No... When i use the wording "I Think" its pretty much like saying IMO so it still stands i think the game is garbage. No that is not naive as i have tried them thanks to having a friend who's a massive MGS fan, so im used to listening to this kind of crap. Take the latest installement, over 20 minutes just to actually start playing the game, if i wanted to watch a badly written *** cartoon i would have bought one. The story isn't well written at all and assumes you have bought every game. The gameplay is nothing special or new, just another copy paste from previous attempts. I can understand you may well love the game, my friend even hails the halo series as the best fps series ever and i havn't killed him yet so i don't mind someone having an opinion. However i can't say i think the game looks great when i don't. It's another shallow, generic stealth game to me.

Subjective opinion that falls flat. I'm not even a MGS fan and I found your views to be inaccurate. Link me a fully developed game like MGS on the market and I'll accept your comment it's a generic stealth game to me, lol... Stories are usually quite average in gaming, but MGS certainly reflects Hollywood standards in writing packaged with a unique presentation. If you specifically admire Western themes (WW2/WW1 "historic" events, WB Looney Tunes, Walt Disney ect.) then MGS Eastern theme will probably not appeal to you, so it helps knowing before going into the game that development was done based on Eastern culture though it attempts to be a hybrid in a few areas. I'm all for opinions, but at least complete a MGS game before making a comment that lacks any true grounding to be taken serious bud.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts

[QUOTE="Schnauzerz"]mgs is a terrible, convoluted, pseudo intellectual garbage series. i dont care. i hated mgs3 Erik729

I really liked MGS series. But it is anything but subtle, original or a story-driven game with good writing. it's deeper than most games but its really not gaming art its just a sci-fi book in game form.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AAllxxjjnn

Um, I thought Kojima pretty much invented the 'stealth' genre with the Metal Gear Series.

Pengu-X
No, he didn't. That was Castle Wolfenstein.
Avatar image for i_saw_a_mudcrab
i_saw_a_mudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 i_saw_a_mudcrab
Member since 2007 • 1015 Posts

Wait, PC gamers care about MGS?

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts
Well I agree why not MGS on PC, most probably, it will be full of glitches and be so buggy, like all platform turned PC games-Hells_Gate-
Funny that.... I'd guess about 85% of the game come from console ports. Such as, Fear2, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Bioshock, GTA4, Last Remnant....