Has DC Universe Online IMPROVED ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I got this game at launch, and although it was fun, it was way too repetitive for my taste. But I want a superhero MMO to be able to play.

I know it went F2P a few months ago.

- Is the game still populated?

- Has anything improved or made it worse?

This question is mostly for people that are still playing it or quit not long ago.

jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

you can't improve a failure. once a failure always a failure.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FelipeInside

you can't improve a failure. once a failure always a failure.

jakes456
Then I guess there's no hope for you. (and you never played the game anyway so ur post is invalid)
IZoMBiEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IZoMBiEI
Member since 2002 • 6477 Posts
I still play it here and there. Everyone plays on 1 server now so there's not a population problem. All the additions to the game have been good, player housing coming next patch.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
I still play it here and there. Everyone plays on 1 server now so there's not a population problem. All the additions to the game have been good, player housing coming next patch. IZoMBiEI
Thanks Zombie. I might have to give it another try. Good to know there are still people playing.
ciorlandenis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 ciorlandenis
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts

it's dead

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

This sums up my DCUO experience and I wrote a long, dizzying review on it here. (I didn't sell that reading that review very well but you could at least TRY to get through it.) Any way, here's an anecdote that sums up DCUO for me.

It was nearly stupid to group early on like in most MMOs I've played since City of Heroes but I alwasy force a team because, you know, it is an MMO. I force a duo team up. (The LFT mechanics don't encourage it until end-game.) I team with Spartakos. There was that dumb feeling at the end where you know you could've easily soloed it, BUT THEN...one of those moments that only an MMO can deliver:

I am standing there, next to Spartakos. Thinking about how cool it is to learn more about DC. (...was always a Marvel guy.) Thinking of the awesome movies at the end of the many story arcs. Not to mention the Jim Lee stories themselves. And most importantly, how they managed to DO what Champions-Online only promised. Action-paced combat in an MMO without lag!

At that moment, Spartakos texts, "You know. I think DC Universe Online might be the perfect game for me!"

And I'm all, "Yeah! I was thinking the exact same thing!"

We friended each other and once we hit level 30 he was never on again. I was soon to follow. If you want to know just how frustrating level 30 is, read my review but I pre-face the bad part of my review with, "So, how did Sony Online Entertainment f*ck that up?! Here's how!"

If you find a good superhero multiplayer let me know please as I signed up for Twitter to get an invite to Marvel Heroes online's beta but they no send!

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside
^^ That bad Fire? And Marvel Heroes is more just like a "light" rpg than an MMO. And I hate that u can't create ur own characters on it.
Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts

What happens at level 30? Here's what made me quit City of Heroes. I was level 40 don't remember what the max was like 45 or 50.

I would take out groups of powerful characters (I was a Leader and a Tank class) out to the most dangerous zones and we would kill purple mobs (the hardest) by dozens. The xp bar would barely move after I hit 40. I read that they had nerfed the xp because at release or in beta you would level much faster from purples. It makes sense that if you kill a powerful mob of enemies your xp bar should go up considerably. It would barely move.

We would fight in this high level zone called Eden. I would take on like 20+ mobs with buffs by myself while my team shot them to smitherines. However the xp bar wouldn't move up. After an added event where you had to prevent a Nuclear reactor from melting down I quit. First it was imbalanced because too many mobs showed up. It was bugged but eventually they patched it.

It was a fun game but I was simply not getting what I deserved. I had a powerful character but the xp reward was not sufficient.

What is wrong with DCUO? There is always Champions online it's free to play.