Has anyone experienced computer freezing without BSOD?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Yeah my dirt cheap mobo has barely any overclocking options.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

[QUOTE="GeForce-"]You did some overclocking. There's the problem. I wouldn't even do such a thing.V4LENT1NE
Lol what?

yes weird things happen after a component on a system has been overclocked.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#53 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"][QUOTE="GeForce-"]You did some overclocking. There's the problem. I wouldn't even do such a thing._SKatEDiRt_

Lol what?

I'm not discouraging overclocking, but in general, this can be a reality for some. Corrupted files from bluescreen crashes isn't uncommon. Next thing you know, you can't do a windows update and you're sitting there scratching your head. :P All is well though. Cheers. :)
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="--Anna--"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] In general, that's true. But I've OC'ed with ease with a cheap Asrock mobo several years ago lol. It was crazy of me to buy it but it worked out. Yeah, I normally go with Asus, or if I must, Gigabyte. Turns out this Asrock Mobo is pretty good. There's just so many things you could tweak to find the right balance for stability. Passed all my intel burn tests, and Prime 95 on large and small FFTs, also blend. It's 100% stable now after changing the LLC and thermal throttling. There must have been vdroop.Elann2008

I'm not trying to be mean...just reailist...but whatever make you happy. Good Luck and Cheers.

You're never mean, Anna. :D In general, I completely agree with you. :) In other news though, I just took the CPU up to 4.5GHz, on the same voltage (1.3v). I couldn't do that with my MSI motherboard! Although that MSI motherboard was basically what Anna and Marfoo described.  A budget, cheap motherboard that I bought on impulse because I had hardware issues with that PC i had at the time. 

Isnt 1.3 kind of high?  Especially if you use offset it can fluctuate

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 lostrib

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"] Lol what?Elann2008

I'm not discouraging overclocking, but in general, this can be a reality for some. Corrupted files from bluescreen crashes isn't uncommon. Next thing you know, you can't do a windows update and you're sitting there scratching your head. :P All is well though. Cheers. :)

Also, though you may pass prime or IBT, but check event viewer for WHEA errors-sign of an unstable overclock

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="--Anna--"]

I'm not trying to be mean...just reailist...but whatever make you happy. Good Luck and Cheers.

lostrib

You're never mean, Anna. :D In general, I completely agree with you. :) In other news though, I just took the CPU up to 4.5GHz, on the same voltage (1.3v). I couldn't do that with my MSI motherboard! Although that MSI motherboard was basically what Anna and Marfoo described.  A budget, cheap motherboard that I bought on impulse because I had hardware issues with that PC i had at the time. 

From googling, it's pretty normal, actually, it's pretty good at 1.3v. It depends on your chip. Mine isn't the Michael Phelps of Sandy Bridges, unfortunately. I've seen some users with 1.25v, and then I'll see someone with 1.35. I'm dead center, so I'll gladly take it. :) My temps are good too.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

lostrib

Also, though you may pass prime or IBT, but check event viewer for WHEA errors-sign of an unstable overclock

Yup. I have been checking it thoroughly. So far, so clean.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] You're never mean, Anna. :D In general, I completely agree with you. :) In other news though, I just took the CPU up to 4.5GHz, on the same voltage (1.3v). I couldn't do that with my MSI motherboard! Although that MSI motherboard was basically what Anna and Marfoo described.  A budget, cheap motherboard that I bought on impulse because I had hardware issues with that PC i had at the time. 

Elann2008

From googling, it's pretty normal, actually, it's pretty good at 1.3v. It depends on your chip. Mine isn't the Michael Phelps of Sandy Bridges, unfortunately. I've seen some users with 1.25v, and then I'll see someone with 1.35. I'm dead center, so I'll gladly take it. :) My temps are good too.

Oh whoops, I didnt realize you were on sandy, I was thinking Ivy bridge. Yeah that's fine for sandy

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"][QUOTE="GeForce-"]You did some overclocking. There's the problem. I wouldn't even do such a thing._SKatEDiRt_

Lol what?

If its overclocked wrong.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Elann2008

Well.. bad news. The motherboard is 100% unstable. Earlier today, and yesterday, I was getting freezing, system hangs, every 5 minutes after booting into Windows.  And this was on factory default settings.  I uninstalled the motherboard and I put in my MSi Z77 board to replace it. Based on my personal experience, I've never experienced such an unstable motherboard. I'm not even going to order for a replacement. It will be a refund. Back to my stable MSI board.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

Well.. bad news. The motherboard is 100% unstable. Earlier today, and yesterday, I was getting freezing, system hangs, every 5 minutes after booting into Windows.  And this was on factory default settings.  I uninstalled the motherboard and I put in my MSi Z77 board to replace it. Based on my personal experience, I've never experienced such an unstable motherboard. I'm not even going to order for a replacement. It will be a refund. Back to my stable MSI board.

Elann2008
unfortunate. Ive used many of those boards and never had an issue. win some, lose some.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

darksusperia
unfortunate. Ive used many of those boards and never had an issue. win some, lose some.

Yeah man. :( I'm running on a spare MSI Z77 board. Currently at 4.2GHz on only 1.2v. Go figure. The only reason why I wanted to buy the Asrock was for SLi. My MSI board can't sli.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
[QUOTE="darksusperia"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]

Elann2008

Yeah man. :( I'm running on a spare MSI Z77 board. Currently at 4.2GHz on only 1.2v. Go figure. The only reason why I wanted to buy the Asrock was for SLi. My MSI board can't sli.

you could always look at something like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157300 or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128583 I have no experience with either but your going to have to spend more for something else otherwise.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Elann2008
[QUOTE="darksusperia"][QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="darksusperia"] unfortunate. Ive used many of those boards and never had an issue. win some, lose some.

you could always look at something like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157300 or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128583 I have no experience with either but your going to have to spend more for something else otherwise.

I like that Gigabyte UD4H board. I actually like it a lot. Thanks! I'll look into getting this instead.
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"] Lol what?V4LENT1NE

If its overclocked wrong.

even if its done right. itcanhappentoanyone

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
It happens to me when I'm rendering a huge scene and the RAM gets totally filled, Windows starts writing data to HDD which takes ages and hence the freezing could take a few hours for the system to recover from. A hard restart becomes handy in such situations :P
Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#67 Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

Yes. The cause for me was my OCZ RAM. It needed more voltage, so increased to voltage from my BIOS.

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Marfoo
Member since 2004 • 6002 Posts

Yes. The cause for me was my OCZ RAM. It needed more voltage, so increased to voltage from my BIOS.

Xtasy26
I wish OCZ still made RAM.