This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ka-BaMf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ka-BaMf
Member since 2010 • 256 Posts

I really can't wait for Half Life 2: Episode Three and I'm sure that will be great but something has been bugging me how will Valve make another Half Life with the story that seems complete or will something start in Episode Three. Any ideas for a continued story anyone?

malikmmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 malikmmm
Member since 2003 • 2235 Posts
i bet gorden freeman assaulting the combine world after freeing humans from the evil. in half-life 3
Shatilov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Shatilov
Member since 2005 • 4150 Posts
I bet you all that he wont talk this time as well :P
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
They might not make another HL game, it's hard to say. I'm still waiting for episode 3, it's been long enough. :x
Lastemperor28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lastemperor28
Member since 2010 • 63 Posts
Judging by the fact that HL2 is a vastly different game from HL1, I would say HL3 would be just as different too.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
Im very certain that the next HL will be HL3, not EP3. This is just based off of my theories though.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

Im very certain that the next HL will be HL3, not EP3. This is just based off of my theories though.Iantheone

Episode 3 is on the source engine. I'd wager HL3 will be the flagship game for whatever next-gen engine Valve will pump out, which won't be for ages because the PS3 has bluray, so the next-gen of consoles is still distant.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fae21e61a964
deactivated-5fae21e61a964

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5fae21e61a964
Member since 2005 • 765 Posts

I'm looking forward to either Episode Three or Half-Life 3, but I can't shake the feeling we'll get a ten hour game with another cannoyign cliff hangar.

paladinqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 paladinqueen
Member since 2010 • 509 Posts

em, if it is worth to wait, i think i will be wait it.....

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Or they might just go to Half-Life 3, new engine. EP3 is more wishful thinking than anything at this point.
Shatilov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Shatilov
Member since 2005 • 4150 Posts
Im very certain that the next HL will be HL3, not EP3. This is just based off of my theories though.Iantheone
I'm interested in those theories? how did u came up with them ?
XxspritexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#12 XxspritexX
Member since 2005 • 5836 Posts

[QUOTE="Iantheone"]Im very certain that the next HL will be HL3, not EP3. This is just based off of my theories though.True_Sounds

Episode 3 is on the source engine. I'd wager HL3 will be the flagship game for whatever next-gen engine Valve will pump out, which won't be for ages because the PS3 has bluray, so the next-gen of consoles is still distant.

I heard that it was going to be on the episode 3 engine.
Bjorkfund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Bjorkfund
Member since 2010 • 127 Posts

It aint coming, face.

ventnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ventnor
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

[QUOTE="Iantheone"]Im very certain that the next HL will be HL3, not EP3. This is just based off of my theories though.True_Sounds

Valve doesn't care an awful lot about consoles.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

[QUOTE="Iantheone"]Im very certain that the next HL will be HL3, not EP3. This is just based off of my theories though.Shatilov
I'm interested in those theories? how did u came up with them ?

Just observing how the industry is going, Valves own tendencies when it makes games, and etc.

The reason why I say that EP3 will not exist consists of a few things. First of all, the engine is OLD. It needs to be put to rest. It has been 5-6 years since Source engine first came out, and I highly doubt that Valve hasn't been working on a new one since then. Another one is that the episodes get a lot of bad press. They are seen as glorified expansion packs etc. If they were to make something like a OB2 with EP3 then they would include all of the other HL2 games. Which totals up to 4 now? Along with some extras that they will no doubt throw in makes it a bit cheap for us, but expensive for the suits over at Valve. It would make more sense to release the new HL as a stand alone game, allowing them to charge for HL3 AND the OB still.

Concerning next gen consoles and etc, I would expect HL3 to be a PC exclusive to begin with. HL3 will no doubt be a VERY big seller, so releasing it exclusively for sale on Steam will cement their place in the DD market even more. This is important for Valve especially since many companies will be looking to expand to DD (Microsoft re releasing Windows Live with a store for example).

Another thing is the new engine. No matter what anyone says, games are sold on graphics (Not alone, but it is a major part). The source engine is getting (is) dated. A new engine will allow for them to bring HL back into the front of gaming. Instead of Crysis or UC2 or Reach being argued about in SW, HL3 will be the next competitor. This isnt all of my theories or proof, I just cant seem to get it all down coherently though -.-

THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts

I wonder if they are already working on HL3 as well as episode 3 and are just trying to figure out ways to tie them together?

RearNakedChoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RearNakedChoke
Member since 2009 • 1699 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if they're already started working on a new engine/Half-Life 3. If they split up their staff, it would explain why Episode 3 is taking so long.

I know Gabe Newell said that HL3 would probably be a 6 or 7 year development process. If they haven't started yet, we might be playing HL3 in 2017. That's a pretty damn good reason for them to have already started.

Look at Half-Life 2. They started developing it 6 months after Half-Life 1 was released, but we didn't hear anything about it until 5 years later. I'm not saying that they started working on Half-Life 3 alongside the episodes, just that Valve can keep a secret.

The more I think about it, the more I convince myself that at the veryleastthey must be in pre-production.

murekkep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 murekkep
Member since 2005 • 758 Posts

I wonder if they are already working on HL3 as well as episode 3 and are just trying to figure out ways to tie them together?

THGarrett

As i heard back in the time they began to work on HL2 after 6 months of HL1 so big probability they're working on HL3 right now (in a big secrecy).

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
It has been 12 years and we still haven't had the story.
DeadlyWormy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 DeadlyWormy
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts

Gabe Newell here. Sorry to announce that Half Life: Episode 3 has been further DELAYED. Meanwhile, please play my other great games. What's not to like? Contact me at Valvesoftware.com

But seriously though. Episode 3 will probably never come out. I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't even worked on it.

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

how will Valve make another Half Life with the story that seems complete

Ka-BaMf

How, in any way shape or form, is the story "complete"? :?

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#25 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

[QUOTE="True_Sounds"]

[QUOTE="Iantheone"]Im very certain that the next HL will be HL3, not EP3. This is just based off of my theories though.ventnor

Valve doesn't care an awful lot about consoles.

They aren't gonna make a new engine until the next consoles come out. There is no real push to take graphics to the next level when the norm for most games is to be portable to consoles/to pcs. When new console release dates approach, games will probably take a big leap in complexity.

visceron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#26 visceron
Member since 2005 • 2160 Posts
My god I want this game!!
DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DudeNtheRoom
Member since 2010 • 1276 Posts
I bet they want HL3 to have state of the art graphics so I bet the wait a while. i believe they will brign out episode 3 first though.
robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts
I think half-life 3 will be released later as opposed to sooner. With half-life 2 I think they realized that they created something special, more than a call of duty or madden. I have this feeling they are going to pull a chinese democracy by trying to perfect every little thing and that will begin with starting with a groundbreaking engine. I think it will definitely be in full 3d as well.
Avatar image for YoungGSReviewer
YoungGSReviewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 YoungGSReviewer
Member since 2007 • 889 Posts

You fool!!!!! Everyone knows that when someone talks about half life it gets delayed another two years. =). I can't wait either man.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Lol, its funny that duke nukem forever is closer to release than than half life 3 or episode 3. Me says: forget episode 3 make a new engine and start working on hl3 so it will be released before the end of the world.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
All I have to say is, don't hold a grudge against Valve or Gabe Newell on this. Accept the fact that if it comes, it comes. But don't put your money on it.