Guild Wars will not install

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MikeMan54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MikeMan54
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

I have Prophicies + Factions

i have played both games. but i un-installed all my games from my computer awhile ago. (needed alot of Free Space)

i have RE-installed all of my games, except Guild Wars. neither of them will work. They both do the exact same thing - on the "connecting to ArenaNet..." the progress bar stops under the R (on GuildWars)

i even turned off my virus protection + firewall but the same hting happened - the progress bar stopped under the R

any idea's?

metal_teddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 metal_teddy
Member since 2005 • 384 Posts
Only thing I can suggest is that you may have a router that is blocking the ports too the ArenaNet server. In this case, find the ports too the server and add them to the routers allow list.
MikeMan54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MikeMan54

don't get me wrong, i'm a Einstien when it comes to PC, but i don't know that much about Routers. (ironic huh?)

how would i go about doing this?

metal_teddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 metal_teddy

Find out what the router web page is, normally 'www.routerlogin.net' then look around the options to find the firewall, and try to add the ports to the firewall. (Google the ports to find out what they are.)

Hopefully this will help you, otherwise you may need to port forward, or get some help from someone who knows abit more about routers, I don't know too much about routers either.

MikeMan54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MikeMan54
no luck
metal_teddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 metal_teddy
Did you try adding the ports? Other than that I can't think of anything else.. Unless the Arena Net server was down or something... Sorry can't help you :(