Guild Wars vs World of Warcraft

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Speedy454545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Speedy454545
Member since 2007 • 1311 Posts
Which game do you like better? Guild Warsor World of Warcraft?
t0adphr0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 t0adphr0g
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts

It's all a question about depth, really.

Having played both titles, World of Warcraft has a bigger, deeper feel to it. Guild Wars just seems so basic and the areas, quests, and gameplay seems so much more limited, plus the graphics seem washed-out.

My vote is for World of Warcraft, for the larger social interaction, deeper gameplay, nicer graphics, riding, and flying mounts. Not to mention that I have a great many friends who play World of Warcraft, and most have never even heard of Guild Wars.

gin_maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 gin_maiden
Member since 2005 • 1206 Posts

Which game do you like better? Guild Warsor World of Warcraft?Speedy454545

guild wars has a faster gameplay while world of warcraft is more slower and very mono-like where all the animations look very similar.

wow is a bigger game in terms of landscape compared to guild wars, but the areas are very similar to each other

guild wars has a much better player vs player content than world of warcraft

so for me personally i like guild wars much better cause i can just log in and play for 5 mins and have fun and go on play another game and it also doesnt have a monthly fee

Speedy454545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Speedy454545

[QUOTE="Speedy454545"]Which game do you like better? Guild Warsor World of Warcraft?gin_maiden

guild wars has a faster gameplay while world of warcraft is more slower and very mono-like where all the animations look very similar.

wow is a bigger game in terms of landscape compared to guild wars, but the areas are very similar to each other

guild wars has a much better player vs player content than world of warcraft

so for me personally i like guild wars much better cause i can just log in and play for 5 mins and have fun and go on play another game and it also doesnt have a monthly fee

Yea that is what I love about Guild Wars. Its a game where you do not have to spend 5+ hours playing, you can just play 10 minutes then leave.

I do not know anybody who was logged into WoW for just 10 minutes then left, they are always on raids or farming for stuff which takes 2 hours + atleast.

I cannot wait for Guild Wars 2! Although I do miss playing WoW a little bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#5 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

My vote is for World of Warcraft, for the ... nicer graphics ...t0adphr0g

Hahahaha

Seriously, they're not even remotely similar games, except that you can generally get things done faster in Guild Wars (I'm assuming by depth you mean it takes longer to finish things, since there are of course far more unique skills in Guild Wars than in WoW). I play both, but Guild Wars is quite a bit better.

Speedy454545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Speedy454545
WoW has average Graphics, but because some of the artistic design which looks really good, makes up for it.
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
Played both and I'm gonna lean to World of Warcraft. WoW has phenomenal art from all points. There are moments when GW looks amazing as well but WoW wins in this category overall when you take into account the art direction on characters, weapons and enviornments in WoW. Gameplay in WoW is Superior as well and it feels deep with such a great social community to immerse you in the experience. However Gw is free to play but you certainly will enjoy paying for your playtime on WoW. Overall I saygo forWoW then try out GW.
dayday6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dayday6
Member since 2004 • 635 Posts

WoW is a good game, but grinding sucks. Trying to find a group to through a dungeon can be tiresome. I did not enjoy paying the monthly fee so I canceled it.

I am going to try Guild Wars next.

If WoW did not have that monthly fee I would still play it some time. The monthly fee made me start to hate playing it, I felt I had to play it some days to get my money's worth.

kruesader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 kruesader
Member since 2006 • 6443 Posts
WoW, especially if you have a good group of friends/guild to play with
hermitprojects

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hermitprojects
Member since 2006 • 42 Posts

Both are good. But I dare not to say anything about one to another for that I would be asking for trouble and hate messages. LOL. The only thing I can say which everybody can agree is that WOW sucks for which we have to shell-out $15 dollars a month. Which Guild wars is FREE!!!! Both are good games. ^_^

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

WoW, especially if you have a good group of friends/guild to play withkruesader

bingo.

bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
WoW
A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
Guild Wars
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Always just GW vs WoW.
NosmoKing1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 NosmoKing1984
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

I played Guild Wars for over a year, and while it's quite fun and there's plenty of things to do, It's just striking how much more there is to World of Warcraft. I've only been playing WoW for a few months but I'm certainly having more fun (so far). My main problem with GW was that in later expansions the missions just got so hard and you really needed to find a good group to play with, which I could never seem to find. With WoW I've had no problem doing this, I usually can't run around questing without bumping into someone on the same quest, and then team up with them for a while.

With WoW I like how open it is, you can be running down a road and see other people walking around, you only get this is GW in towns. But I guess there is less time wasting in GW since you can just click on the map to get to a place, while WoW you have to walk or spend money on being flown.

With GW it's really good how you can change your characters build easily and without any fuss, so you can have a bunch of builds to suite different situations like soloing or group missions. Where with WoW it costs you money to do this, and it costs more each time so you really need to pick a build and stick with it.

I think it depends on what you want, WoW has a superior PvE portion while GW has superior PvP. I can't say I'm a fan of PvP in either game but people that I know that have played both extensively say GW is better for PvP.

Have fun

mariojoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mariojoe
Member since 2006 • 199 Posts

I don't really care about graphics, when it comes down to it, its gameplay, depth, and social interaction.

It goes to WoW, but I'm not crazy about the fees...

nizzleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nizzleton
Member since 2008 • 49 Posts
If WoW were free, I'd snap it up in an instant GW for me... when does the sequel come out?
mariojoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mariojoe
Member since 2006 • 199 Posts
If WoW were free, I'd snap it up in an instant GW for me... when does the sequel come out?nizzleton
I believe they will let current GW players play a demo of the sequel in Spring '08
Chrismorris142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chrismorris142
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Wait till Q2 and play Warhammer Online!!!!

DeathStar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 DeathStar17
Member since 2005 • 4858 Posts

Having played both titles, World of Warcraft has a bigger, deeper feel to it. Guild Wars just seems so basic and the areas, quests, and gameplay seems so much more limited, plus the graphics seem washed-out.

My vote is for World of Warcraft, for the larger social interaction, deeper gameplay, nicer graphics, riding, and flying mounts. Not to mention that I have a great many friends who play World of Warcraft, and most have never even heard of Guild Wars.

t0adphr0g
Guild Wars actually has nicer graphics, but is more focused on pvp and teamwork in pve, rather than level grinding...they are very different games...
kcm_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kcm_117
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts
[QUOTE="t0adphr0g"]

DeathStar17

Guild Wars actually has nicer graphics, but is more focused on pvp and teamwork in pve, rather than level grinding...they are very different games...

LOL You obviously dont know what a raid is in World Of Warcraft, guild wars cannot math such coordinated, complex boss fights with 25 people.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

[QUOTE="nizzleton"]If WoW were free, I'd snap it up in an instant GW for me... when does the sequel come out?mariojoe
I believe they will let current GW players play a demo of the sequel in Spring '08

I think it might be out late 2008, but more likely early 2009. A demo would be sweet!

Guild Wars for Graphics

Guild Wars for Fun

Guild Wars for No Online Fees

I've played both, but prefer GW. Cuz there aint no way in HELL I'm playing both! :)

Greatone015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Greatone015
Member since 2003 • 48 Posts

WOW BY FAR

if 15 dollars is alot for you thats bad lol

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

WoW pvp is far superior. When I use to heavily play pvp there was nothing better then getting to the rank 14's aka High Warlords and Grand marshals and making pvp guilds. I honestly think no one has ever seen or experience a 80-100 man raid on cities in WoW(Best thing you can ever experience in a mmo.) in this thread. WoW is a phenomenal game and trust those that are telling you this OP, you'll never find a better mmo.

Heres a horde raid on ironforge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR1-ImXG3MI

RTS_Pwnerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RTS_Pwnerer
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

WoW.

With GW I was often frustrated with buggy, vague, or impossible quests and at times bored to tears (especially while travelling).

WoW is superior to GW in every capacity except perhaps graphics, which I think are equal (although as far as creative design GW is lacking somewhat).

With any good MMO, though, you need to have friends play with you. Either RL friends or make some friends in a guild or w/e.