GTX 680 Lightning-Help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts

I'm going to upgrade my GTX 570 to a GTX 680 because I found a buyer for my 570.

Now, I'm looking between Asus Gtx 680 2-slot edition and the MSI Lightning Ed. Now, I remeber that back when MSI released the 680 it had triple overvoltage to stabilize higher clocks but NV didn't allow that.

Looking at the offical pages of MSI it seems that the only thing needed to unlock the voltage again is to DL a BIOS update? 

So, my question: Does a Lightning reach higher overclocks than normal 680's due to the overvoltage?

featurePic

Unlocked Digital Power

- Unlocked BIOS: One click to unlock all protections for extreme overclocking
- Digital PWM Controller: More stable and precise voltage by digital signal
- Enhanced Power Design: 2X Power output for maximum OC potential

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
chip dependant. How long is a piece of string?
homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 homeboylizard
chip dependant. How long is a piece of string?darksusperia
An average of 4.26 meters. Jokes aside, I do know every chip is unique and that overclocking is a lottery. On topic, my question (Does the Lightning have legal overvoltage or do I lose warranty if I apply it) still isn't answered.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

[QUOTE="darksusperia"]chip dependant. How long is a piece of string?homeboylizard
An average of 4.26 meters. Jokes aside, I do know every chip is unique and that overclocking is a lottery. On topic, my question (Does the Lightning have legal overvoltage or do I lose warranty if I apply it) still isn't answered.

your most precise answer would come from msi themselves. you should ask them. http://register.msi.com/

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 homeboylizard

[QUOTE="homeboylizard"][QUOTE="darksusperia"]chip dependant. How long is a piece of string?darksusperia

your most precise answer would come from msi themselves. you should ask them. http://register.msi.com/

Thanks.