GTA IV Texture Packs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for realguitarhero5
#1 Posted by realguitarhero5 (4167 posts) -

Do any of them run better than the normal ones? I know the game is incredibly unoptimized; will installing a one increase my FPS? (Which one?) Right now it can drop to low 20s sometimes.

#2 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
Texture packs bring even better textures, the game is not unoptimized, it just needs a lot of VRAM because of the textures, so no, the last thing you should do is to look for textures that make the game run better because people make texture packs to make even better textures not worse.
#3 Posted by realguitarhero5 (4167 posts) -
Texture packs bring even better textures, the game is not unoptimized, it just needs a lot of VRAM because of the textures, so no, the last thing you should do is to look for textures that make the game run better because people make texture packs to make even better textures not worse.DanielDust
Ok.... I do need to get more RAM. But somewhere I saw that one of the packs was more optimized than the original. Thanks for the answer though!
#4 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
Not RAM, VRAM :P to run perfectly it needs a graphics card with 1.5 gb of VRAM.
#5 Posted by Mystic-G (6462 posts) -

Yea that's gotta be my largest complaint. GTA4 game consumes VRAM like it's made out of hard drive space.

#6 Posted by realguitarhero5 (4167 posts) -
Not RAM, VRAM :P to run perfectly it needs a graphics card with 1.5 gb of VRAM.DanielDust
Ach misread