Gta IV or Just Cause 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dreamerdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 dreamerdonkey
Member since 2012 • 82 Posts

I have a nephew and his birthday is coming. He love to play video game just like me but the problem is his PC is not very good gaming PC. (He use an old HP pavelion). I asked him what he want for his birthday and he named those two game. I surely not support the GTA IV because its for adault but he is turning 18. So what is your suggestion.

creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 creaturemagic
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts
Out of those two, definitely Just Cause 2, however I'm not sure it would run very well, if at all.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
I found Just Cause 2 to be easily the better game. The grappling hook is such a well implemented game mechanic, and the driving/gunplay is solid. Much more action packed then GTA IV too. You'll need a decent PC to run both games. I don't know the specs of his PC, but I doubt either game will run at all on an old HP pavelion.
Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

I surely not support the GTA IV because its for adault but he is turning 18. So what is your suggestion.

dreamerdonkey

Just Cause 2 has pretty much the same content. Though, I think it's very idiotic not to allow an 18 year old to play ANY sort of game (there's no moronic age laws in my country, every person that plays games that I know has played at least one GTA or "mature" game before the age of 14)

Anyway, it depends on the person. Just Cause 2 is mindless shooting and crazy stunts which I personally found boring and repetative very quickly (uninteresting characters and missions). GTA4 is more story oriented and I actually found the gameplay more satisfying

Also, both require a good PC, so maybe get him GTA: San Andreas or a Barbie game or something

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
For the sake of performance, Just Cause 2. GTA4 definitely has the better story and single player campaign but Just Cause 2 is ridiculously fun and runs a billion times better.
8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
I think GTA 4 is way better, couldn't get into JC2.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

If his PC isn't very good you can throw GTA IV out the window. The game runs like crap even on good PCs. There's no guarantee that he can run JC2 either though. We'd need the specs of the PC. Just Cause 2 is the better game though.

dreamerdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dreamerdonkey
Member since 2012 • 82 Posts

[QUOTE="dreamerdonkey"]

I surely not support the GTA IV because its for adault but he is turning 18. So what is your suggestion.

Darth_Kane

Just Cause 2 has pretty much the same content. Though, I think it's very idiotic not to allow an 18 year old to play ANY sort of game (there's no moronic age laws in my country, every person that plays games that I know has played at least one GTA or "mature" game before the age of 14)

For your information I am his uncle not his father. I don't want to create any embarrassing situation later. I played each and every game of GTA series and I know why they are for mature (Once I was playing GTA sanandreas on my laptop in my living room with out headphone and on one mission CJ start banging a hotel waitress or some women like that and I was unable to skip that sound and .......). That's why I ask opinion for. And his PC is old but not that old, (core i3 with ati HD 5450).
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Toxic-Seahorse
[QUOTE="Darth_Kane"]

[QUOTE="dreamerdonkey"]

dreamerdonkey

For your information I am his uncle not his father. I don't want to create any embarrassing situation later. I played each and every game of GTA series and I know why they are for mature (Once I was playing GTA sanandreas on my laptop in my living room with out headphone and on one mission CJ start banging a hotel waitress or some women like that and I was unable to skip that sound and .......). That's why I ask opinion for. And his PC is old but not that old, (core i3 with ati HD 5450).

That PC isn't good enough for GTA IV. Like I said, even good PCs struggle to run it since it's an awful port. That PC might run Just Cause 2 but it wouldn't be on high settings. Low-medium.
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
5450 won't run either of those games.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Toxic-Seahorse
5450 won't run either of those games.C_Rule
There are some videos on youtube of people playing JC2 with a 5450.
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
[QUOTE="C_Rule"]5450 won't run either of those games.Toxic-Seahorse
There are some videos on youtube of people playing JC2 with a 5450.

Yes, and there are videos of people running GTA IV on P4s. 5450 was the weakest card of the 5000 series, it was not intended to be used as a gaming GPU.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
GTA IV is an excellent game, JC 2 is absolutely terrible, you only play JC 2 if you want to blow some sht up for a few minutes then move on to games worth "playing" not just "messing around" in them.
-Origin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 -Origin-
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

Buy him a new PC instead because he'll never be able to run anything he wants to play :p

maddogmark25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 maddogmark25
Member since 2003 • 3632 Posts
Tell him to save money and get a new PC instead. That HP Pavilion ain't runnin anything.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

5450 won't run either well at all.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

They're extremely different games, and kind of hard to compare. I've absolutely loved both. If the PC's performance is a potential issue, though, go with Just Cause 2. GTA 4 is much more demanding, and is also terribly optimized, so it takes quite a beast of a system to actually get decent performance out of it. I wouldn't count on that old HP being able to run it AT ALL. Just Cause 2 can also be reasonably demanding, and look good, at high settings, but it scales way better. I play it on a laptop from 2009. Got a dual core i5 2.27 ghz, 4gb RAM, and a mobility radeon HD4670 1gb. I can get 50+ fps at medium/high settings in JC2, just by turning down to 720p res. Even at 1080p, it's playable, albeit a bit choppy (more like 25-35 fps). GTA 4 on the other hand... bare minimum settings and 720p, and I just barely get 25-30 fps, with frequent dips into the teens (and even a couple into the 10 fps range :cry: )

II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 II-Siamak-II
Member since 2012 • 480 Posts

I would surely suggest new hardware, with around $400-$500 he can build a decent machine that can not only play GTA IV but also all the new games that are coming out in the near future.