GREAT PC GAMES that not many people play - episode 1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lidve
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

Hi,i see that many PC gamers are complaining how "industry went wrong" etc. and i completly agree with them,but what we forget is that WE DONT NEED EA,UBISOFT or some other company to make game for us.

We have INDIE devs,and low budget companies. and its SIN not to play their games and support them.

So i decided to make this "series" of topics presenting some LESS KNOWN games that are really great

I ask every one of you to try out this game,and come back with your little "review".

What you liked,what you did not like,what would you like to be changed etc.

FIRST GAME i will present is

So,go download DEMO,give it a try,and BUY full game (its not really expencive,just 9.99$ )

Than come back and give opinions.

Here are some ingame screenshots (graphics are really nice):

Rigga911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Rigga911
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
Arcanum
thegfl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thegfl
Member since 2008 • 264 Posts
KING'S BOUNTY THE LEGEND!
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

Turn Based :

1. Galactic Cilvilization 2 - Compelete

2. King's Bounty - The Legend

RPGs

1. NWN 2 : MotB and upcoming NWN 2 : SoZ

RTS :

1. Universe At War

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts
Timeshift, DEFCON.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

NoX

Battle Realms

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts

What's up with people completely missing the point of this thread and just randomly naming games that nobody is going to look up ever (no description)? A series of threads like this could be really successful in giving some unknown games pretty decent exposure if people would just pay attention to the opening posts and try the games when they look interesting instead of acting as if it was a poll thread or something.

OP: This series of thread has a greater chance of working if you put some sort of small description of each game in the OP, along with a link for the demo.

Downloading the demo. :)

bawathegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bawathegamer
Member since 2007 • 1498 Posts

The neverhood- Gs gave it a score of 4 or somthing. A really unique adventure game. I discovered it by fluke by looking at some some1s blog on giant bomb named " 10 great games il probably never complete". Just so you know, i actually havent completed the game but so far the game is definatly not a four.

Also Full throttle. Hardly ever hear of anyone playing that game. Besides a few weird mini games the game is probably amongst my favorite adventure games.

Sadly everyone knows of Grim Fandango. I personally i think that game is overrated beyond comprehension. Its got a great artstyle,story etc but its a very flawed and near broken adventure game with an atrocious interface.

I believe Full throttle is the best of Tim Schaffer ,unfortunatly its overlooked .IF grim fandango was point and click and had a similar interface to full throttle theyd be on par, but as it stands full throttle was near perfection for me. It was a pleasure to play that game.It had a fantastic story, with awesome ,bad*** dialogue and cutscenes and the the puzzles were imaginative and fresh.

I want a sequal so bad.:(.

(Dont flame me for my Grim Fandango opinion :P.)

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts

Just finished the demo. Buying it right now.

This game is tons of fun. It's challenging, the physics are great, it's pretty, and you get a really good amount of content for just $10. Considering that I just spent like 30 minutes on the demo (which has like 8 tracks), the fact that the game has 65 tracks right now (more to come in free patches) makes me a pretty happy customer. It has tons of replay value, too, since you can try to beat your own times, play against the ghost of the people on the online high-score rankings thing, etc. I recommand it to anyone who likes games at all.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

The neverhood- Gs gave it a score of 4 or somthing. A really unique adventure game. I discovered it by fluke by looking at some some1s blog on giant bomb named " 10 great games il probably never complete". Just so you know, i actually havent completed the game but so far the game is definatly not a four.

Also Full throttle. Hardly ever hear of anyone playing that game. Besides a few weird mini games the game is probably amongst my favorite adventure games.

Sadly everyone knows of Grim Fandango. I personally i think that game is overrated beyond comprehension. Its got a great artstyle,story etc but its a very flawed and near broken adventure game with an atrocious interface.

I believe Full throttle is the best of Tim Schaffer ,unfortunatly its overlooked .IF grim fandango was point and click and had a similar interface to full throttle theyd be on par, but as it stands full throttle was near perfection for me. It was a pleasure to play that game.It had a fantastic story, with awesome ,bad*** dialogue and cutscenes and the the puzzles were imaginative and fresh.

bawathegamer

What are you talking about, Full Throttle has a huge fanbase. Anyone who is familar with pre-Star Wars spamming LucasArts knows about games like Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, and Monkey Island. The main reason why you don't hear about people playing those games much anymore is because they don't work on modern PCs without using some sort of emulator, although Grim Fandango still works with most PCs out of the box. Full Throttle, however, is probably one of, if not the, hardest game of the LA adventure games to get running correctly (choppy framerates, no sound, sound being played at 10x faster than it's supposed to be, and issues with the save system are common problems).

Avatar image for Captain__Tripps
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Captain__Tripps
Member since 2006 • 4523 Posts
Trials 2 is awesome even though it pisses me off... lol
DOS4dinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 DOS4dinner
Member since 2008 • 1072 Posts

What are you talking about, Full Throttle has a huge fanbase. Anyone who is familar with pre-Star Wars spamming LucasArts knows about games like Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, and Monkey Island. The main reason why you don't hear about people playing those games much anymore is because they don't work on modern PCs without using some sort of emulator, although Grim Fandango still works with most PCs out of the box. Full Throttle, however, is probably one of, if not the, hardest game of the LA adventure games to get running correctly (choppy framerates, no sound, sound being played at 10x faster than it's supposed to be, and issues with the save system are common problems).

gameguy6700

It runs perfectly in DOSBox. I know, I have a copy 8)

Moonbase Commander. Dumb name, awesome turn bases strategy game.

DennisKumfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 DennisKumfi
Member since 2004 • 201 Posts
[QUOTE="bawathegamer"]

gameguy6700

Just use ScummVM, works perfectly.

Lestas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Lestas
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Turn-based/RPG:

King's Bounty: the Legend

Survival Adventure:

Tension

Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

bawathegamer

you need to be flamed because of Grim Fandango opinion... its loved because of its great humor, story, art styIe just as you pointed out already >.>

well what you wrote is all about old games, i think we should focus more on new games to rival other new games from big companies.

thenewau25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#16 thenewau25
Member since 2007 • 2058 Posts
psychotoxic
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Trials 2 is awesome even though it pisses me off... lol Captain__Tripps

i know what you mean. i broke a keyboard playing that game

prowler666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 prowler666
Member since 2003 • 860 Posts

[QUOTE="Captain__Tripps"]Trials 2 is awesome even though it pisses me off... lol adamosmaki

i know what you mean. i broke a keyboard playing that game

+1

great game though. in small portions.

-D3ATH-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -D3ATH-
Member since 2008 • 615 Posts
Blockland. It's best game ever. :O
aura_enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 aura_enchanted
Member since 2006 • 7942 Posts

soldier of fortune: payback - quality fun on high res but AI at times gives a sense that its cheating.

stolen - a stealth game that shares similar playstyle to splinter cell and the old metal gear solid. however its controls are prob the most annoying thing on the planet for those unfamiliar to the style of game. it was ignored because the motherload that was chaos theory hit PC's and stole the limelight.