Graphics card enclosure idea.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dack13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dack13
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I'm doing a project for school that involves building a product, and would like some help answering some of these questions, if you could please take a minute to answer these questions it would be much appreciated. Any feedback is welcome. With laptops getting thinner and lighter and using newer technologies, they are becoming increasingly popular to buy. I have had a MacBook Air and a Asus Zenbook, but being Ultrabooks, these laptops are great for most basic functions of a computer. The only flaw with these laptops is the usage for any application or program that taxes the CPU, and integrated GPU, due to their limited power output. The solution for this would be build a graphics card enclosure, that uses PCi slot, so it would not limit itself to graphics cards only. This enclosure would then connect to the laptop or any computer using a USB 3.0 port.. USB 3.0/3.1 PCi External Enclosure Product Features: Allows for external use of a full sized Graphics Card (NVidia, AMD, etc). This will more the triple the performance of the computer, and allow the computer to run the most demanding games, and software! Will be light weight and durable, which is perfect for traveling. Will Use USB 3.0 and the new 3.1 standard, which is common amongst computers. Will come preloaded with Software to allow for the correct drivers to be installed on the computer. The PCi slot will not be limited to a graphic cards, but any PCi compatible device i.e. Wireless Adapter, RAM. Interview Questions: 1.How often do you play games on your computer? 2.Do you own an Ultrabook Laptop? 3.Would you enjoy playing the most demanding games on your laptop? 4.How often do you find yourself needing a more powerful computer to run demanding games/programs? 5. Overall, what do you think of this product? 6. What parts do you like about this product? 7. What would you change about it? a. Why? 8. Are there features you wish were on the product? a. What are they? 9. What dont you like about this product? 10. How could this product help you, or someone you know? 11. Would you buy this product? a. if so, why? b. If not, why? 12. How much would you spend on it?
Avatar image for The_Animator420
The_Animator420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 The_Animator420
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts
I read the first 2 lines and stopped at the wall of text. Format your stuff if you want most people to actually read it, especially the questions at the end.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Do you not think that there's a reason people aren't already doing this?

msfan1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 msfan1289
Member since 2011 • 1044 Posts
They already have external gpu products.