Grand Theft Auto PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

X-gamer-88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 X-gamer-88
Member since 2005 • 1811 Posts
I haven't been following the news around GTA IV for the PC and I was wondering, is there any? Have they said anything about a release date or are there any rumours?
col_hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 col_hannibal
Member since 2007 • 389 Posts
There was this magazine, PC Gamer, I think, and their cover said something about GTA 4 coming to PC soon. But I think they're just rumors and speculations. There is no official confirmation from Rockstar.
X-gamer-88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 X-gamer-88
Member since 2005 • 1811 Posts

There was this magazine, PC Gamer, I think, and their cover said something about GTA 4 coming to PC soon. But I think they're just rumors. There is no official confirmation from Rockstar.col_hannibal

Do you have like a website or something?

col_hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 col_hannibal
Member since 2007 • 389 Posts

[QUOTE="col_hannibal"]There was this magazine, PC Gamer, I think, and their cover said something about GTA 4 coming to PC soon. But I think they're just rumors. There is no official confirmation from Rockstar.X-gamer-88

Do you have like a website or something?

The magazine it's not available online, so no. There was this email from Rockstar circulating around the web, but I doubt it was real. It was saying that Rockstar accidentally confirmed GTA 4 on PC, but I think it was fake.

There are no official links that confirm a PC version, only rumors, I could link you to hundreds of websites, but it's not worth it. It could go either way, we just have to wait, no point in wasting our time with speculations and rumors.

miladesn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 miladesn2
Member since 2005 • 933 Posts
"Windows PC" appeared on ESRB website a few days ago and removed a few hours later.
xInfinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 xInfinity
Member since 2003 • 48 Posts

It's hasn't been confirmed or denied yet, which means that it's most likely going to happen at some point. Not guaranteed, but likely. If a company isn't going to release a game on a certain platform, they generally speak up and say that a game will not be available on said platform rather early on.

If a company keeps mum on the topic, or 'cannot comment at this time', like in the case of Bioware and Mass Effect... expect it somewhere else sooner or later.

Besides that, I don't know if it would be a good idea for Rockstar to alienate the fan base that got them started on the PC anyway.