Grand Theft Auto 3 Aiming Problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bullet_Holes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bullet_Holes
Member since 2006 • 1330 Posts

When I play GTA3, as well as Vice City and San Andreas, my bullets do not go where the reticle is pointed at. If I aim at a certain spot, the shots will always go above and to the right. Below is a pic

Does anyone know anything about this problem or know how to fix it? It makes the game a lot less fun to play.

Thanks

EDIT: Here's a video

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
That's really odd. Are you sure you're not just firing full auto and it's spreading? Also, did you get the patch? That might fix this problem. Other than that, I can't be of much help.
Bullet_Holes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bullet_Holes
There is no spreading with the gun I am using. It fires a constant stream of bullets to that spot. Even a single pistol shot goes to that spot. I have the Steam version, so it should be patched.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
The ak47 in that game just blows in accuracy. When you get the other assault rifle, the m16, the accuracy is muuch better.
Bullet_Holes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bullet_Holes

As I said, it has nothing to do with the accuracy of the gun. Every gun shoots towards the same spot every time. Here is a video I just uploaded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx5FR-AoYB4

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LongZhiZi
I reinstalled the game (hard copy) and found your problem. That's just the way GTA3 is. It's the same for me. It didn't seem to impede my ability to kill police officers, though.
Bullet_Holes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bullet_Holes

That is very interesting that you also have this problem, but I do not think it is how the game is supposed to be. Here's a video of a part in Vice City (which I also have the problem in) of the person shooting and the bullets go right to the center of the reticle.

EDIT: I figured it out! I was able to fix the problem by turning the Widescreen setting in the game to Off. I have a widescreen monitor so I've always set it to on. The shots now go to the center of the reticle.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LongZhiZi
Actually your thread inspired me to pick up the game again, but when I started having to do missions, the aiming problem was killer. Thanks for figuring it out.