Good story/presentation games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Are their any games that have a good story and/or well presented I can play? I'm not looking into RPG's, mainly action or adventure games.

CommonFable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 CommonFable
Member since 2009 • 884 Posts

Half-Life 2 and its episodes are great.

akbar13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 akbar13
Member since 2009 • 2186 Posts

Good story? Try Planesca... Oh nevermind.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#4 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

You would probably enjoy Bioshock, its really easy and has mediocre gameplay but the story is amazing, as is the presentation.

Metro 2033 might suit you as well, a bit slower and more atmospheric but still very good.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JangoWuzHere

You would probably enjoy Bioshock, its really easy and has mediocre gameplay but the story is amazing, as is the presentation.

Metro 2033 might suit you as well, a bit slower and more atmospheric but still very good.

with_teeth26
Yeah I was thinking of getting metro. Is it worth it even thoe I only can play dx9?
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JangoWuzHere

Good story? Try Planesca... Oh nevermind.

akbar13
I already beat that game, best story in gaming actually.
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#7 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

JangoWuzHere

Yeah I was thinking of getting metro. Is it worth it even thoe I only can play dx9?

I'm playing it in dx9 mode on medium settings, it still looks fantastic. textures and shadows still look great, and there is a good amount of lighting and particle effects, just not to the same degree as what you get with high or very high. The presentation is the games biggest strenght, but it also has a good story and decent combat.

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

outside of RPG, mmhh...

Max Payne 1&2 if you haven't played them...

and wickedly fun No One Lives Forever 1 & 2

... personally I like American McGee's Alice very much.

Wildedge93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Wildedge93
Member since 2007 • 835 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"][QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

with_teeth26

I'm playing it in dx9 mode on medium settings, it still looks fantastic. textures and shadows still look great, and there is a good amount of lighting and particle effects, just not to the same degree as what you get with high or very high. The presentation is the games biggest strenght, but it also has a good story and decent combat.

that game is AMAZING! nuff said ;P!!!!!! im playing it on dx 10 and high settings, it looks very detailed and the shadows and lighting are great. also it has this great fear factor in it which is awesome, it plays just like a survival horror game cuase u literally have no ammo, and when ever u find alot of ammo, there is a reason u did
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
Max Payne 1&2 if you haven't played them...teardropmina
I was going to suggest those... they're like Raymond Chandler on crack. :P Bioshock is good as well, and the story in Assassins' Creed 1 and 2 isn't half bad.
chrisito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chrisito
Member since 2004 • 128 Posts

I really enjoyed Indigo Prophesy! Story got a little lame in the end, but I think it had the one of the best opening sequences ever. [spoiler] You watch your character kill a guy in a bathroom of a diner and then the perspective switches to a police officer getting up to come in the bathroom. The game then switched back to your guy, where it then hands control over to you and chuckles evily [/spoiler]

isaacyassar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 isaacyassar
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts
DEVIL MAY CRY 4. No games can beat the body language and facial expression of its characters (in storytelling/Full Motion Video/Cutscene). It's very natural because they hire artists for it. The dialogs are also cool, who doesn't like Dante mocking huge demons? DMC4 is one of the best PC games I've ever played on my life. It's truly a Capcom's masterpiece. You've got to try it, man!!!
trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

Gonna go ahead and recommend Batman AA, TOTALLY fits the presentation/story aspect if you do not own it already by chance.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58393 Posts

Anything by Bioware has good story and presentation.

Also, its not RPG, but all the C&C games before Red Alert 3 had excellent story and presentation

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

I recommend anything from Valve, especially Half-Life series. Amazing.