Good site for building a computer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jsc16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jsc16
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

I would like to build a computer for myself, but I don't have the time to do it (and the last time I kept up with computer hardware, the Nvidia 6800 ultra had just come out :P).

I have a monitor and operating system; I'm looking to spend around $800. I want to be able to play games like Diablo 3 when it comes out, but don't need everything maxed. Mainly I'll be using it for multimedia, playing older games, and maybe a little basic video editing.

10 seconds of googling gave me sites like this: http://www.googlebb.magicmicro.com/

Any tips? Thanks in advance :)

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
ibuypower.com or cyberpowerpc.com
marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts

if you need Everything maxed in the recent coming game such as SC2 & Diablo 3 specially on higher then 1280x1024 : I Suggest you make the PC Via newegg.com if you Canadian nicx.com / newegg.ca / shopbot.ca

If you Really Don't know how to assemble part : find a Local STORE such as FRY's ? Microcenter : Or Regional PC & Fixing Business store Example in Ottawa we have over 20 place to fix ur pc / assemble ur pc / sell pc part each charge from 30-50$ or 100$ include OS & Driver installation

if you buy from avadirect / ibuypower / cyberpc you will sacrefice few hundred $ that could have being used to max Everything without a issue : see ur self by comparing a pc own build on newegg.com in a chart vs those website : i ain't kidding

all pre-build place rip you off but Ava & Ibuypower & CyberPC Seem to at LEAST Reduce the Rip off by a huge load compare to HP / dell & all the other devil in the jackpot

so if you want a good pc for gaming you have to pick AMD : because picking a too expensive CPU & MOBO over a GPU Is not wise id suggest you pick not anything lower for gpu then HD5850/5870 or GTX 470/480

For CPU A Phenom II X4 955 / 965
for DDR3 2x2 GB DDR3 +
for motherboard : anything that as PCi-E 2.0X Crossfire & AM3 Support : Am3 Phenom II X6 Support motherboard cost alot imo
For OS If not as any OEM / Retail Right now
PSU Of 550-750W depending if you intend to Crossfire / SLI depending of you'r Budget if you strech it out if it stick to 800$ You'r likely going ATI & AMD
FOR HDD : Samsung Spinpoint F3 Series or Seagate 7200:12 the one who cost less : they perform similar both very reliable
FOR case : it up to you if asking for a Recommendation il put you one depending of what remaining budget from previous part we picked going from 40-80$

Optional : Cpu Cooler : if you will Overclock to gain a +10% to +20% Gaming performances depending of game & gaming Resolution and if you made a decent one that is stable like Example : Phenom II X4 955 @ at 3.8ghz + would be near the limit of the cpu but not risked all if you provide a good cooler