Good games for my crappy computer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MrNacaa (510 posts) -
Having a 2.4ghz, with crappy 3d card and around 512ram. Was wondering what kind of fun / kickass new games are available for me? I like action, strategy and simulations
#2 Posted by ramjamtrini (76 posts) -
a lot i have a 2.8Ghz 256 x1300pro and 1.5gbs of ram and im running games still ..... check out tomb raider anniversary play with 60fps
#3 Posted by RK-Mara (11488 posts) -
Battlefield 1942.
#4 Posted by whgresiak (1889 posts) -
Battlefield 1942.RK-Mara
Not exactly new. I'd recommend Rise of Nations Gold Edition, thats a great one. Sims 2 should work on that for your Simulation As for action, try Prey or Battlefield 2, they should work, but you'll have to turn the graphics down a lot
#5 Posted by RK-Mara (11488 posts) -

[QUOTE="RK-Mara"]Battlefield 1942.whgresiak
Not exactly new./QUOTE]

Oh, I missed the word new. But you can't play most new games with a crappy PC.

#6 Posted by FunkWeasel (2508 posts) -

Call of Duty 2 will run pretty good in DX7 mode. Also, check this out:

http://www.oldblivion.com/?page=download

Now from what I've heard, it makes oblivion playable on almost any PC built 2001 and later. Don't blame me if it does't work though.;)

#7 Posted by NamelessPlayer (7729 posts) -
First off, I want to know just what that graphics card of yours is. My 9600 XT would be crappy by today's standards, but you could be even worse off for all I know, like having a GeForce FX card. Do you have to have "new" games as in "games released in this year or the one before"? If so, there isn't much. If, on the other hand, you mean "new" as in "I haven't owned this game before", I've got plenty of recommendations.
#8 Posted by achilles614 (5289 posts) -
[QUOTE="RK-Mara"]Battlefield 1942.whgresiak
Not exactly new. I'd recommend Rise of Nations Gold Edition, thats a great one. Sims 2 should work on that for your Simulation As for action, try Prey or Battlefield 2, they should work, but you'll have to turn the graphics down a lot

I have a question for you. How do you have such a nice rig except you only get 9987 in 3dmark06? You should be getting 14000+
#9 Posted by fieryfood_dude (253 posts) -

First off, I want to know just what that graphics card of yours is. My 9600 XT would be crappy by today's standards, but you could be even worse off for all I know, like having a GeForce FX card. Do you have to have "new" games as in "games released in this year or the one before"? If so, there isn't much. If, on the other hand, you mean "new" as in "I haven't owned this game before", I've got plenty of recommendations.NamelessPlayer

Got ya beat dude, I have at smokin fast TI4200 until my 360 gets back from repairs. :(

Try this site to determine if your pc can handle a game. http://www.systemrequirementslab.com. Disclaimer: I have no idea how reliable the testing carrys over to actual game play.

#10 Posted by achilles614 (5289 posts) -

[QUOTE="NamelessPlayer"]First off, I want to know just what that graphics card of yours is. My 9600 XT would be crappy by today's standards, but you could be even worse off for all I know, like having a GeForce FX card. Do you have to have "new" games as in "games released in this year or the one before"? If so, there isn't much. If, on the other hand, you mean "new" as in "I haven't owned this game before", I've got plenty of recommendations.fieryfood_dude

Got ya beat dude, I have at smokin fast TI4200 until my 360 gets back from repairs. :(

Try this site to determine if your pc can handle a game. http://www.systemrequirementslab.com. Disclaimer: I have no idea how reliable the testing carrys over to actual game play.

That site isn't very reliable.
#11 Posted by NamelessPlayer (7729 posts) -
That GeForce Ti 4200 should be more than enough for Independence War 2 and Falcon 4.0, then. Your CPU should be able to take up any slack. (If only I wasn't stuck with a freaking Athlon XP 1800+...)
#12 Posted by Borjoyzee11 (25 posts) -

My Fugitsu Siemen's the worst ever!

The best action game i got working is Sheep dog 'n' Wolf and Warcraft III's the best strategy.