Going to play Fallout 3 - reccommened me some mods! :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

machine_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 machine_B
Member since 2007 • 998 Posts

What mods do you use for Fallout 3?

Is it like Oblivion which takes 20+ mods to look nice and play well? I'm used to installing a lot of mods.

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 fudgeblood
Member since 2008 • 3165 Posts
FOOK (Fallout overhaul). Owned!, The Settler (I think that's it) and Fallout Classic Weapons. Though I'd play the game abit without mods first.
machine_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 machine_B
I have and the interface text is too big and clunky - is there anything similar to DanNified UI?
ACEHERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ACEHERO
Member since 2003 • 92 Posts

fallout3nexus.com

The below mods are the utilities you need so that the next set of mods will work properly(the mods resided herein are those very big changes type of mod)

FOSE

FOMM

Archiveinvalidated

F3edit2.52

------------------------

Mods -

MMM

Fook

FWE

Darnified UI

Weaponmodkits

machine_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 machine_B
Cheers, that's really helpful
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
weapon mods... just download real weapons because the ones in fallout 3 look terrible.
Leon2793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Leon2793
Member since 2008 • 241 Posts

There's a number of Mods that can improve the graphical appeal of Fallout and modify the gameplay in subjectively postitive or negative ways. There are dedicated websites for them but notable ones include:

1) Fellout (postulates that a real nuclear wasteland would look a lot less murky after two centuries, clears the sky and shines a giant sun on the full beauty of Bethesda's world) snipurl.com/iqrwn

2) Overhaul Kit (wealth of new weapons and armour) www.fookunity.com

3) Mart's Mutant Mod (new species and sub-species) snipurl.com/iqs96

4) Fallout Overhaul (merges many Mods and makes the game tougher adding things like fatigue).

Also look out for: Greenworld, High Resolution Megaton and NeilMc Terrain Pack. All of which can be probably found at FalloutNexus.

Hope I helped.

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

Play it vanilla first :|

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Higher Vehicle Health(A mod that gave more health to the destructable nuke cars)
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch
Amplified Crippled Effects(make's crippled limbs for NPC's and yourself, more damaging to stats)
BetterPacingMod(it's a mod that lowers the XP you get for killing stuff, but left quest completion XP alone)
Better Companions and Caravans(makes companions and Caravans unkillable)
Improved Turret Reprogramming and Hacking 1-4
Selected Containers Respawn
Minute Minder Onscreen Clock(a mod that tells me what time it is every 30 ingame minutes (bit annoying but... still find it useful)
Nova Interaction Revised(just adds a fade to black effect.)
Different TimeScales(a mod or console command that slows down the progress of time in the game (forgot what I set it to, think I set it to 30sec=5min; game default is 1sec=5min.)
Lightweight Food Sanitizer(a mod that changed the weight to .5 pounds... the thing looks like a keychain, afterall.)
RI_Sleep(has several options, I used preset number 2 for all options)
Stealth Kill enabled
Less Useless Karma Gifts(girl at megaton gives better gifts as your karma improves)
NPCs Sleep Tighter(a mod that makes sleeping NPC, stay asleep when walking near them and make them not wake up so easily... (figure it'll make the sandman perk more useable)
Grouse Slaver Radio(a mod that adds a slaver radio, so to collect caps without having to go to their camp)
Mines Explode Faster(picked the proximity one)
Lawbringer Contract Killer Perk Fix
Vanishing Ash Piles and Goo Piles(don't know if it's really necessary, but have it installed anyway)
Stimpak Nerf(a mod that makes cripple effect not cureable via stims (this mod also makes cripple effect curable via RadX randomly and chance based on your medical skill;and RadXhas a chance of becoming addicted to it. This is not real injuries mod, because I didn't like all the other stuff that Real Injuries mod changes,)
Breezes FO3 Males(must be logged in to see)
DIMONIZED TYPE3 female body WIP" mod andType3raidertexturesfull mod with Type V Female Body and Armor Replacer(mainly for the armor mesh and armor patch 1) (must be logged in to see)

don't remember the specific name for the following there are several mods that do this:
A mod that increased the range of the Pip Boy flashlight by 2x. .

Found all the above at Fallout 3 Nexus.

knight0151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 knight0151
Member since 2008 • 1205 Posts

Play the game WITH mods, you'll enjoy it.

INstall some of MC neils texture packs and then TUPAM.

I mean, if you have broken steel, you'd basically play through the storyline and maybe have to drop your character and start a new game, since some good mods may require a new game.

All bethesda games WITH mods>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lol>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Original.