Getting Better Performance By Overclocking Through AMD Overdrive Than Bios?!!

SnPzFresh-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By SnPzFresh-
Member since 2019 • 130 Posts

I'm having this weird problem with my computer. I get better performance by overclocking through Amd overdrive, and when i overclock with bios i get lower scores on cinebench. I use the same clocks, but amd overdrive makes my score significantly higher. Amd overdrive is very unstable, that's why i'm trying to overclock through bios. Now i'm on the fence, on whether i should keep AMD Overdrive, despite it being unstable.

I'm new to bios overclocking, so can anybody help me with my bios settings. What are the best settings to use for the max performance!

Specs:

AMD FX 8120

PowerColor PCS+ R9 380 4GB

GA-78-LMT-USB3 rev 4.1

Thanks, again

SnPzFresh-

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 2880 Posts
Loading Video...

I hope this helps

SnPzFresh-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SnPzFresh-

@TJDMHEM: Thank for the video, but I'm trying to overclock through bios. Like i said AMD Overdrive is unstable, But it gives me better performance than bios. I'm not sure what is happening, can you help explain?

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4624 Posts

Synthetic benchmarks, why anyone pays so much attention to them is strange.

SnPzFresh-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SnPzFresh-

@Random_Matt: I pay attention to them, because it gives me an idea of how powerful the CPU/GPU is. If you think about it more logically, if your numbers go up then you've gained performance. If your numbers go down you've lost performance. Benchmarks give you an idea, and i notice performance even in-game.

Not saying that what you said is wrong, I'm just saying people want a general idea of their chip.

SnPzFresh-