gaming pc rent to own?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

revolvervegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 revolvervegeta
Member since 2009 • 93 Posts

well someone told me I can rent to own a gaming computer on some sites. Does anyone know a good computer for gaming that is on any of these sights?

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

Sorry bud, I have not heard of this but I am sure it exists.

Beware though, as with any "Rent-to-Own" you are going to pay substantially higher costs than if you bought a pre-built or especially built your own.

The convenience of Rent-to-Own programs always comes at cost.

Take like an Aarons Rent to Own for example....You get an underpowered Laptop from them for like $20 a week spread out over a 2 year period. That is around $80 a month or $960 a year *2, so total price would be around $1920 for a $500-600 system.

Of course that is just an example, but it is highly klikely that you will be paying much more for something that is frankly not worth it.

But these companies cater to people that either have poor credit or not enough money up front to be able to purchase. So yes, they do serve a good purpose. It is just that the end prices are really absurd. I guess it is the price you have to pay for buying something that you cold not afford to begin with.

Just be careful if you find what it is you are talking about, and make sure to read all fine print.

megam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 megam
Member since 2003 • 457 Posts

I don't know about renting to own, but many companies (Dell, Sony, HP, etc.) have an option for a monthly payment plan. Depending on the interest rates they're offering, the price could be just about the same as paying cash for it.

SolidPandaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SolidPandaG
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts

Be chill bro. Just wait 10 years or so for Cloud then you can simply log into a centralized network for all your computer gaming needs. Problem solved.

AR-15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AR-15
Member since 2003 • 261 Posts

well someone told me I can rent to own a gaming computer on some sites. Does anyone know a good computer for gaming that is on any of these sights?

revolvervegeta

Like others have said, just be very careful about hidden charges and interest rates. The final price could be extreme.

I understand how hard it is to not have a lot of money, and still want to own a nice PC, though. Just use caution with any kind of "Rent to Own" operation, and if you think you can do it, look into building a PC on your own from parts purchased on the internet. You can build a very capable PC for not a whole lot of money that way.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Just build a decent gaming computer, it doesn't cost that much.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

DO your self a favor and stay away from stores RENT TO OWN

Your just screwing your self, Your going pay a HIGHER cost, you miss one payment they have the right to take it away even if you only owe $1 left on it.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
I've not heard of any rent-to-own PC's but as others have said you will end up paying quite a lot more in the end than just buying it outright. Your best bet is probably to put the money you were looking to spend on this rent-to-own plan in a jar, then after a few months you will have saved up a good chunk of cash to buy whatever PC you could have been renting.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
just getting credit card for best buy i think all their high cost items has like 12 month no interest payment plan.... and youy wont end up paying no more then what it cost
mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts

Sorry bud, I have not heard of this but I am sure it exists.

Beware though, as with any "Rent-to-Own" you are going to pay substantially higher costs than if you bought a pre-built or especially built your own.

The convenience of Rent-to-Own programs always comes at cost.

Take like an Aarons Rent to Own for example....You get an underpowered Laptop from them for like $20 a week spread out over a 2 year period. That is around $80 a month or $960 a year *2, so total price would be around $1920 for a $500-600 system.

Of course that is just an example, but it is highly klikely that you will be paying much more for something that is frankly not worth it.

But these companies cater to people that either have poor credit or not enough money up front to be able to purchase. So yes, they do serve a good purpose. It is just that the end prices are really absurd. I guess it is the price you have to pay for buying something that you cold not afford to begin with.

Just be careful if you find what it is you are talking about, and make sure to read all fine print.

danjammer69
This.
WyattDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WyattDerp
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I have a friend who rents from http://www.nocompromisegaming.com and seems to be pretty happy with it - I agree with what everyone else said about the money though...
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Brother, just build the thing yourself. There's an entire forum section on here that would be more than happy to help you. All you have to do is have the willpower to attempt it.

megam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 megam
Member since 2003 • 457 Posts

Visiting the hardware forum for help building a rig would net you the lowest cost. Depending on your credit, you might be able to get 1 year of no interest from Newegg. They also sell completed systems. If you'd rather go with Bestbuy for a desktop, I think they have 18 months without interest on qualifying purchases.

Just don't overextend yourself. Credit has its purpose, and there's nothing wrong with using it wisely.

rsharma123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rsharma123
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Be chill bro. Just wait 10 years or so for Cloud then you can simply log into a centralized network for all your computer gaming needs. Problem solved.

SolidPandaG
I am agreed with your speech.you are absolutely right
bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
you're better off paying monthly on a pre-built PC if that's the way you want to go. Rent-to-own sounds like you'll end up paying thru the nose.