Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Hannibal1986
Member since 2019 • 2 Posts

Hi Community,

For years now I am already looking for a high end Gaming headset with real Active Noise Cancelling. Since there is not really a high end product on the market, I wanted to know your thoughts, ideas about it? Maybe we can give some suggestions to one of the big brands to realize a product like this. My questions are:

Whats should be the key specs?

How about the price? How much can it cost?

Battery powered / USB powered? (for ANC)

Compatibility?

My thoughts would be a USB powered headset, with 7.1 surround sound, real active noise cancelling, a separate AUX connection to be used with consoles, detachable boom microphone (L and R). If someone is able to create a high end headset like this, I would be willing to pay up to 1000€ for it.

Am I the only one with those thoughts?

Looking forward to your answers.

Greetings

Hannibal

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12475 Posts

I know the HyperX Cloud II had good noise cancellation - it's not active but the earcups really isolate the background noise well

"I would be willing to pay up to 1000€ for it" just go with high quality active noise cancellation headphones (Sennheiser or Audio Technica) and add a quality mike like Blue Yeti

FortiBorti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 FortiBorti
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

There are many ANC headphones, but how am I supposed to connect a really high quality microphone if the connections are not there. I find the idea of attaching the microphone to the left and right very interesting.

I personally also own noise cancelling headphones from Bose. The QuietComfort 35 II. Of course I tried to play with it on my Playstation, but unfortunately the built-in microphone is switched off as soon as I plug in a cable. I wouldn't have a chance to connect something like a boom-mic.

I play passionately on the PC and Playstation and I can only follow the opinion. A special gaming headset with ANC, I would be willing to pay a lot.

My current headset is a SteelSeries Arctis 5 with USB connection/power and ChatMix. On the Playstation the ChatMix doesn't work but I still have USB power for the Mic-Sidetone and LEDs on my headphones. Now ANC would be great!!

LG Forti :)