philipgonzales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By philipgonzales
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

OK, so I have never really owned a gaming headset or a pair of headphones over 30 bucks or so yet and now that I make a little more money I want to get a headset. Now don't laugh but the primary purpose I want the headset for is to use with my softphone at work. Right now I am just using some cheap iphone type headphones and they seem fine but I want an over the ear headset. I want something that has pretty good audio quality so that I can listen to music on it and of course I want the mic to sound really good, as well as noise canceling and for the output to be contained within the earpiece as to not disturb other people.

I do not require wireless but it would be nice to have also. But I also want to use it with my phone and have a in-line microphone. Preferably a removable boom mic and attachable in-line mic so that I can switch it when not using it at my desk. I assume that they do not make headsets that are both wireless (via usb dongle) and that also have a 3.5mm jack that is compatible with a smart phone (not to be used at the same time of course). but if they do I would love to check them out. I also play PC games from time to time and I want a good gaming experience with them when gaming on PC. It wouldn't hurt if they were PS4 compatible but that is the last thing I care about.

So to recap/clarify I want a gaming PC headset with the following listed by priority:

1. Boom Mic and Line-in mic if at all possible

2. Very good sound quality especially the mic

3. Capable of being a good gaming headset for PC when I do game, and possible PS4 but PS4 connectivity not required. I can always buy another headset later.

3. Cool looking, not too small, kind of over sized and a mute light on the boom mic is always cool.

4. It can have other lights/LED's built in but that isn't a deal breaker either way.

is THe Astro A50 compatible with a line-in mic? It says "Designed with superior materials & fit, over-ear cushions and in-line mic controls." on another website but they may be talking about the mixer thing, which is cool but not what I want. I want to be able to plug it directly into the phone. This is the website I quoted. http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/universal-astro-a50-wireless-headset/104439

Please let me know what you think. Thank you.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

@philipgonzales said:

OK, so I have never really owned a gaming headset or a pair of headphones over 30 bucks or so yet and now that I make a little more money I want to get a headset. Now don't laugh but the primary purpose I want the headset for is to use with my softphone at work. Right now I am just using some cheap iphone type headphones and they seem fine but I want an over the ear headset. I want something that has pretty good audio quality so that I can listen to music on it and of course I want the mic to sound really good, as well as noise canceling and for the output to be contained within the earpiece as to not disturb other people.

I do not require wireless but it would be nice to have also. But I also want to use it with my phone and have a in-line microphone. Preferably a removable boom mic and attachable in-line mic so that I can switch it when not using it at my desk. I assume that they do not make headsets that are both wireless (via usb dongle) and that also have a 3.5mm jack that is compatible with a smart phone (not to be used at the same time of course). but if they do I would love to check them out. I also play PC games from time to time and I want a good gaming experience with them when gaming on PC. It wouldn't hurt if they were PS4 compatible but that is the last thing I care about.

So to recap/clarify I want a gaming PC headset with the following listed by priority:

1. Boom Mic and Line-in mic if at all possible

2. Very good sound quality especially the mic

3. Capable of being a good gaming headset for PC when I do game, and possible PS4 but PS4 connectivity not required. I can always buy another headset later.

3. Cool looking, not too small, kind of over sized and a mute light on the boom mic is always cool.

4. It can have other lights/LED's built in but that isn't a deal breaker either way.

is THe Astro A50 compatible with a line-in mic? It says "Designed with superior materials & fit, over-ear cushions and in-line mic controls." on another website but they may be talking about the mixer thing, which is cool but not what I want. I want to be able to plug it directly into the phone. This is the website I quoted. http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/universal-astro-a50-wireless-headset/104439

Please let me know what you think. Thank you.

Loading Video...

philipgonzales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 philipgonzales

Those look pretty sweet. ALMOST what I wanted!! lol. I want to be able to plug it into my phone while I walk around the college campus and what not. It's cool that the device supports bluetooth but it does not appear to be portable. I know I am kind of askin a lot out of the headset but I assume somebody else out there may have wanted the setup I want. If it isn't possible that's OK, I just thought I'd ask before I purchase something out of inexperience.

philipgonzales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 philipgonzales

It looks like I may be out of luck for using the same headset on PC and then using it as a headset on my phone :-(. At least as far as gaming headsets go. What would you recommend I use for my softphone and music? Would a gaming headset be a poor choice for this? Also would I need one of those mixer things like on the Astro headsets use? because if possible I'd rather just have a built in soundcard in the USB if possible? basically I think the mixer box things would look dumb hooked up to my work computer for me to be answering calls on. I guess so would me wearing a gaming headset, but if possible I want a cool,good quality gaming headset for my softphone without one of those mixer boxes. lol. But I Also want the best audio quality for my buck so I can use them for gaming/music when needed. Thanks.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Kingston Hyper X is probably your best bet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8qk0VEt2r8&list=PLknCNmc8uMa7qMMQGdoV-n2vWoxBhtiK3

He reviewed the roccat below as well, and he didn't like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgyARYEC6t0&list=PLknCNmc8uMa7qMMQGdoV-n2vWoxBhtiK3&index=21

His reviews are actually reliable out of the youtubers unlike: linustechtips(although not too bad), razetheworld, tinytom, that fat motherboard guy, etc.

philipgonzales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 philipgonzales

I think I found what I was looking for. These are wireless and also look like they use a standard 3.5mm audio cable

http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/kunai_wireless.asp

Here are the wired ones. I am thinking about going with the wired ones. Does anyone have any experience with these headsets? I am going to look up the reviews, but I will probably end up going with these unless the reviews say they are just awful.

http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/720plus-pc.asp

Let me know what you guys and gals think. Thanks for the help.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@philipgonzales said:

I think I found what I was looking for. These are wireless and also look like they use a standard 3.5mm audio cable

http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/kunai_wireless.asp

Here are the wired ones. I am thinking about going with the wired ones. Does anyone have any experience with these headsets? I am going to look up the reviews, but I will probably end up going with these unless the reviews say they are just awful.

http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/720plus-pc.asp

Let me know what you guys and gals think. Thanks for the help.

There was a guy that posted a "

Best Cellphone and PC bluetooth headphones 2014"

and was kinda obsessed on finding the perfect headset and he came up with 2 modules at the end of it all:

A) Nokia Purity by Monster

B) Creative EVO

Now if I was more of a gamer I'd get the EVO, if I was more of a casual user I'd get the Nokia ones (unless you really hate all the Monster trend)

philipgonzales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 philipgonzales

@PredatorRules:

The creative ones have really bad reviews of them breaking off.

These have pretty good reviews except they are too gaming looking (big boom mic) to use with a cell phone but I may get them for my softphone at work and to listen to music with. I am just worried that the laptop soundcard may not produce good enough sound as it is a work laptop (e5420).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GWU8FAE?pc_redir=1404561746&robot_redir=1

These seem to be everything I am looking for but the mic quality is bad according to the reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G6IJ5NI?pc_redir=1404647418&robot_redir=1

Too many choices! ! Lol. Maybe I should get a stand alone headphones and stand alone mic?

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Sennheiser Momentum

Sennheiser Amperior

Any decent headphones + external mic

kingw12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kingw12
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

@philipgonzales:

Did you end up deciding on which ones you went with? I'm in the market of getting a pair, but my price point is a little bit lower, $100-150. But I want wireless which also work with PC & PS4.

@JigglyWiggly_:

Do you know if the Kingston HyperX Cloud headsets are wireless or are they wired? They've reviewed really well from what I've researched.

EDIT: Nevermind. The HyperX Cloud are wired. Any suggestions for wireless headphones that will work for pc + ps4?

Thanks.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GeryGo  Moderator

@philipgonzales said:

Too many choices! ! Lol. Maybe I should get a stand alone headphones and stand alone mic?

That would be the smartest choice.

The only good think about headsets is that the mic connected to the headphones and not separate from each other

CaptainNimoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 CaptainNimoy
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

U can go with one of the Sennheiser series for VOIP:

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/pc-stereo-headset-gaming-internet-telephony-voip-131

or for gaming:

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/pc-gaming-headset

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

I use the Sennheiser G4ME ONEs and really like them a lot. I was reluctant at first because pretty much every gaming set I used in the past kind of sucked...these don't suck.

The sound quality is really good and balanced and the boom/mic is perfect. Huge soundstage and music sounds really good as well. My only complaint is that if you crank it up too much and get some really deep it will get distorted but honestly it's a bit uncomfortable to listen to anything that loud anyway imo.

It's really comfortable as well and the volume can be controlled on the headset itself which is really convenient. Really a great headset imo. And I usually don't use gaming sets because I like quality but these are really nice imo.

LINK TO AMAZON

HandsomeTrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HandsomeTrot
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Im using my PC 320 for some time, the quality for the money is 5 stars. Even the mic is really good for all the teamspeak and VoiP daily use!

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BSC14

I have to say those ROCCAT KAVE XTD 5.1 have peaked my interest...

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BSC14

If anyone has the ROCCAT KAVE XTD 5 I'm curious about the sound quality compared to say a decent pair of Sennheiser headphones.