Games with Leveling up

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ThePickle04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ThePickle04
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I want a game that has an Absolutely Massive Character Level potential, Open to any Genre
KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KABCOOL
Member since 2009 • 1147 Posts

WoW? 

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Open to any Genre huh ? I'l challange Myself and not name any RPG's and MMO's. Lets start with Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. You've heard of "Prestige" in COD right ? DiRT 3 also has some sort of level based concept in its Campaign (its not dense but its good) and Multiplayer. And should you ever own a Xbox 360 then theres Gears Of War 3 (it basicly uses the same concept in COD) Oh and Lost Planet 2 also uses a pretty cool and large leveling system (they got 4 different factions with 99 levels each). Wow, I can't think of any others, I doubt anybody Can. Actualy now that I think about a Leveling System in game that isnt an RPG is actualy called a "RANK".
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

Path of the Exile.

Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts

Path of the Exile.

chrisrooR
Jesus Christ, how many levels are there?
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]

Path of the Exile.

Brean24

mother of god...

nima0041

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 nima0041
Member since 2013 • 50 Posts

Definitely The Secret World. They focused on the skill thing so much. The game doesn't have levels, but you get points that you can spend, and it is completely up to you how you want to fight. Magic with swords, you can. You can combine anything together to fight the way you want ;)

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]

Path of the Exile.

FelipeInside

d

It's what happens when developers give up on defining classes and work only to catch the eyes of passers-by, because you can turn any melee class into casters and most of those skills are passives of +1 and such bs, things that games like Diablo, Torchlight and others don't really try to trick their players with, PoE is "look here man, here's a skill, then you can choose 17 passives and passive enhancers", everything else is "here are several awesome attacks each having various passives".

Now that I think of it, it's the only time I can actually praise Titan Quest, I found it boring and the skills themselves were also boring after I got over "uhh awesome pyshics", but it at least tried to offer a lot of skills and skill changers, unlike this panel of mostly irrelevant things that would never pass as skills.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Definitely The Secret World. They focused on the skill thing so much. The game doesn't have levels, but you get points that you can spend, and it is completely up to you how you want to fight. Magic with swords, you can. You can combine anything together to fight the way you want ;)

nima0041

u mean like guildwars 2 XD

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

Fallout 3.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Path of the Exile.

chrisrooR

d

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]

Path of the Exile.

DanielDust

d

It's what happens when developers give up on defining classes and work only to catch the eyes of passers-by, because you can turn any melee class into casters and most of those skills are passives of +1 and such bs, things that games like Diablo, Torchlight and others don't really try to trick their players with, PoE is "look here man, here's a skill, then you can choose 17 passives and passive enhancers", everything else is "here are several awesome attacks each having various passives".

Now that I think of it, it's the only time I can actually praise Titan Quest, I found it boring and the skills themselves were also boring after I got over "uhh awesome pyshics", but it at least tried to offer a lot of skills and skill changers, unlike this panel of mostly irrelevant things that would never pass as skills.

The Whole point of an RPG is to make doing stupid and redundant things look cool.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#13 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]

Path of the Exile.

FelipeInside

d

Skynet, obv..
Mbobio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mbobio
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]

Path of the Exile.

illmatic87

Skynet, obv..

lol. good one.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]

Path of the Exile.

DanielDust

d

LOL. Implying that the Devs didn't put hard work into PoE. Once you choose your passives, there's no going back. Makes your decisions that more important.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
Path of Exile is the first and best game that comes to mind. There are plenty of others that are character level/skills driven, but none so amazing and unique as Path of Exile. Highly recommended, and it's free!
ThePickle04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ThePickle04
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]

Path of the Exile.

Brean24

That's Frickin' Crazy! Checking that out definitely
LordShockTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LordShockTitan
Member since 2013 • 218 Posts

Any MMO and RPG would do it.

twothirtygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 twothirtygamer
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts
It kind of depends on if you're looking for just levels period, like blocks of attributes that are being upgraded or if you're looking for diversity in skills, like talent/skill trees. If you're speaking in terms of diversity and skill tree, look at Path of Exile like people here mentioned. That's, so far, the most intricate talent tree I've ever seen (I haven't played everything though)