darklaren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 darklaren
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

I'm looking for a game that gives you something or someone worth fighting for, but in such a manner that you actually care.

Here is an example of what I DON'T want. Game starts out as your city is under attack, your best friend gets killed and you are looking for revenge. But I never had a chance to get to know anyone in that city, or bond with my best friend, and even though game tells me that I should feel enraged, I don't really care.

Also, some of the problems I have with most games is, you start out at low level and only advantage higher level has is that you can take on stronger enemies. But what about the world around me? it should acknowledge that I'm some kind of big shot and treat me with more respect as my character grows stronger. I should feel more and more important.

Most of all, I need to be emotionally invested in characters and the world around me.

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 multiplat
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

Daikatana

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

Fallout 3. I had to watch a Youtube video to see what what happens when you make the evil choice in one of the quests, I just couldn't do it myself. You get some sort of acknowledgement from the world through dialogues and radio stations, but they did that part better in the next Fallout game, New Vegas. I still liked 3 a lot better.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@darklaren said:

I'm looking for a game that gives you something or someone worth fighting for, but in such a manner that you actually care.

Here is an example of what I DON'T want. Game starts out as your city is under attack, your best friend gets killed and you are looking for revenge. But I never had a chance to get to know anyone in that city, or bond with my best friend, and even though game tells me that I should feel enraged, I don't really care.

Also, some of the problems I have with most games is, you start out at low level and only advantage higher level has is that you can take on stronger enemies. But what about the world around me? it should acknowledge that I'm some kind of big shot and treat me with more respect as my character grows stronger. I should feel more and more important.

Most of all, I need to be emotionally invested in characters and the world around me.

Witcher series

Guild Wars 2

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58270 Posts

Divinity: Original Sin 2.

Sebille (one of your companions or characters) was telling me her backstory and it was just so incredibly engrossing, and this is true of all of the characters. You get involved with them, talk to them, influence them and they influence you. I'm best friends with Ifan and we have great talks, and Lohse and I are on thin ice because I am too understanding of a very serious problem of hers, and she thinks I should be more careful. And it all occurs organically, unlike other games, because I don't feel I have forced these relationships; they've just happened; this makes it feel more real, more tangible, and more meaningful.

You want to help you companions out, seek out their quests and solve their problems.

darklaren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 darklaren
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

Thank you guys.

I've played Witcher 3, it is a good game, but I kinda felt emotionally detached from characters, since I have not played previous games. As for Guild wars 2, I'm currently looking for single player.

I started playing fallout 3, I could not get into it. I think it was because environment felt too depressing for my taste.

@mrbojangles25 I will try Divinity Original sin 2. I've read very good reviews about it before and your comment reinforced it even more.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58270 Posts

@multiplat said:

Daikatana

Only if you want to be someone's bitch...

...or "suck it down".

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

The Darkness

Probably the only game that made me truly hate the bad guy with a passion.

ocphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ocphon
Member since 2006 • 184 Posts

Try Oxenfree.

Avatar image for radicalbradical
RadicalBradical

Forum Posts