Games that are similar to Final Fantasy X

#1 Edited by Champion2604 (25 posts) -

Recently I have just finished FFX and I was wondering if there are any similar games on pc? I've already considered 'The Last Remnant'.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

#2 Posted by IvanElk (3798 posts) -

Honestly PC games lack JRPGS The last Remnant is probably the closest thing you will find to a game like FFX. You could always play Final Fantasy VII which is on the pc and you can get it on steam really cheap.

#3 Posted by xxninja666xx (737 posts) -

The Last Remnant isn't worth it imho, unless you're really desperate - the game is boring, generic and confusing. Final Fantasy VII or VIII is your best bet, if you want in on PC. On consoles, however there are plenty of jRPGs to choose from.

#4 Posted by Champion2604 (25 posts) -

@xxninja666xx:

Thank you, I'll keep the FF remakes in mind. Any good examples of JRPGS on PS3 specifically?

#5 Posted by Flubbbs (4907 posts) -

not many jrpgs on PC.. if you have a PS3 i highly recommend Ni No Kuni

#6 Posted by illmatic87 (17933 posts) -

@Champion2604 said:

@xxninja666xx:

Thank you, I'll keep the FF remakes in mind. Any good examples of JRPGS on PS3 specifically?

Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chonicles, Ni No Kuni, Eternal Sonata, Tales of Xillia/Graces F, Final Fantasy XIII and Resonance of Fate are the ones that got the most acclaim on the PS3.

If you can get your hands on a Cheap PS2, there's an incredible library of JRPGs on it that completely dwarfs what the PS3 got.

As for The Last Remnant, it's actually solid and rather compelling once it gets going. It's structured like an odd Tactics game, with some awful exploration tacked on. I actually think the combat system is great once you get the hang of it.