Games similar to mount and blade

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by grimsniperz (25 posts) -

if anyone has ever played mount and blade, they have come to experience an awesome combat sim ....of coarse the game is still in development, and the graphics are kinda lacking....

so what im wondering is, are there any other games that are similar to this one for the pc?

im looking for a pc game with large scale wars, when i play a hero individually, but not like dynasty wars style where one of my swings can knock out 20 guys ....thats something that i appreciated in mount and blade, that i could potentially be strong, but only if i applied enough skill to understand the opponents weakeness, and i couldnt kill mutliple people in one swing, i felt equal like the rest of the troops.

anyway , if there were some way to find that happy medium, of dynasty warrior graphics with mount and blade combat mechanics, that would be an amazing game, with large scale wars going on.

feel free to suggest anything or ask for more detail :)

#2 Posted by sircyrus (6358 posts) -

I really wish I could recommend something but I've yet to experience another gamethat captures whatMount & Blade offers.

That being said, you may want to keep an eye on Savage 2. It's slated for release this year and will bring anice graphics engine, as well as a variety of combat options (ranged, melee, mounted). While more action-oriented than Mount & Blade's combat, it's the closest thing I can think of. It's an RTS/FPS hybrid meant to be played online so if you only want singleplayer games I can't really suggest anything, unfortunately.

#3 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18452 posts) -
I remember playing the demo of Mount and Blade. Awesome game!
#4 Posted by grimsniperz (25 posts) -

I really wish I could recommend something but I've yet to experience another gamethat captures whatMount & Blade offers.

That being said, you may want to keep an eye on Savage 2. It's slated for release this year and will bring anice graphics engine, as well as a variety of combat options (ranged, melee, mounted). While more action-oriented than Mount & Blade's combat, it's the closest thing I can think of. It's an RTS/FPS hybrid meant to be played online so if you only want singleplayer games I can't really suggest anything, unfortunately.

sircyrus

sounds good ill check the game out, and if there is a game like savage that is online, the better :) , single player or not, i just want to have that good feeling of riding a horse and sending a cross bolt at someones face 30 feet away lol

#5 Posted by 060390 (383 posts) -
Please, tell me more about this game. It looks interesting. Has it been released?
#6 Posted by grimsniperz (25 posts) -

Please, tell me more about this game. It looks interesting. Has it been released?060390
google mount and blade , the official website is tale something .com you will see it ...

but the game is fantastic , mount combat, you can shoot arrows, cross bows from afar, and it feels powerful and realistic ( compared to other games) , the sword combat is great, you can dismount people by killing their horse, or just charge in with a lance. its a good game, to bad its lacking in graphics, but its got the main idea down, good old killing fun :D

#7 Posted by AngelB1ack (7936 posts) -

I played mount and blade and loved it...great game. I especially liked themount combat. Another game that satisfies me like mount and blade did is the Guild Wars series...dont get mounts in it (yet) but it is a great series.

Link!

Mount and Blade