games like scratches

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jobyvalsarajmk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jobyvalsarajmk
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
please tell me about some game like scratches.first person mystery, adventure ,horror ,games. no gun shot or fight . not something like resident evil
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Try Penumbra.
BiH_Gangster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 BiH_Gangster
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts

Penumbra and Nikopol ;)

careyletendre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 careyletendre
Member since 2004 • 90 Posts

The Darkness Within is the closest game to scratches that i can think of. You will like it.

Carey

BlairWitch77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BlairWitch77
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Best survival horror games without means of defense are the Penumbra Series and Amnesia both made by Frictional games (imo). Their stories are both very engaging and lore filled. Penumbra: Overture and it's sequel Black Plague are mystery, sci-fiction, horror survival games without weapons. An exception for weapons is Overture, with a hammer or icepick (even dynamite if you're lucky enough to find it). The hammer/icepick you can use to kill enemies but it takes a lot of nerve to sit there and use the mouse to swing at the enemy. It was made for you to use stealth as a means of escaping them instead of attacking but it doesn't make it any easier. Amnesia is probably my favorite scary game of all time as it was extremely hard for me to play it for more than an hour without being afraid to press on. The sounds in Amnesia are epic-ly terrifying as is atmosphere, story, gameplay and "things". It keeps you on your toes. It also has a lot of replay value because a lot of fans have made their own custom stories for the game. I've also played Scratches, loved the ending and have yet to find a game similar to it. Darkness Within and Nikopol seem very similar in gameplay to Scratches.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Best survival horror games without means of defense are the Penumbra Series and Amnesia both made by Frictional games (imo). Their stories are both very engaging and lore filled. Penumbra: Overture and it's sequel Black Plague are mystery, sci-fiction, horror survival games without weapons. An exception for weapons is Overture, with a hammer or icepick (even dynamite if you're lucky enough to find it). The hammer/icepick you can use to kill enemies but it takes a lot of nerve to sit there and use the mouse to swing at the enemy. It was made for you to use stealth as a means of escaping them instead of attacking but it doesn't make it any easier. Amnesia is probably my favorite scary game of all time as it was extremely hard for me to play it for more than an hour without being afraid to press on. The sounds in Amnesia are epic-ly terrifying as is atmosphere, story, gameplay and "things". It keeps you on your toes. It also has a lot of replay value because a lot of fans have made their own custom stories for the game. I've also played Scratches, loved the ending and have yet to find a game similar to it. Darkness Within and Nikopol seem very similar in gameplay to Scratches. BlairWitch77
thread necromancy is HERETICAL as written in the codex administratus

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

Amnesia? Although I don't have the balls to play it.

slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts
Dark Falls: Lost Souls is alot like scratches.
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

Please don't bump really old topics. Just make a new one. Thanks!