Gamepost and their crazy reviews

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghaz013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghaz013
Member since 2003 • 226 Posts

It seems like alot of people have mixed feelings about gamespot reviews.

What do you guys think about their reviews in general?

1ZeroReapeR1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 1ZeroReapeR1
Member since 2003 • 5787 Posts
I think their fair and trust-worthy most of the time. You'll get the few overhyped reviews, and some games that deserve more.. but no one is perfect. I go by Gamespots reviews and thats it.
robertoenrique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 robertoenrique
Member since 2004 • 1191 Posts
I always trust gamespot reviews, ever since the reviewed Diablo 1 lol, I think they rate hard so any game that makes it past 8.5 i consider it. What do you guys think?
harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 harrisi17
Member since 2004 • 4010 Posts
well I never used to look at any reviews before and then I started visiting gamspot frequently (everyday for the last 3 years) and I use the reviews to make sure that im not blowing money. I will not buy a game with a review under 8-8.5 unless it is a sequel and I really loved the first game. Im mostly getting into FPS games and I trust GS to tell me what is worth my while and so far all my games are fun.
robertoenrique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 robertoenrique
Member since 2004 • 1191 Posts

Yea but dont you

well I never used to look at any reviews before and then I started visiting gamspot frequently (everyday for the last 3 years) and I use the reviews to make sure that im not blowing money. I will not buy a game with a review under 8-8.5 unless it is a sequel and I really loved the first game. Im mostly getting into FPS games and I trust GS to tell me what is worth my while and so far all my games are fun.harrisi17

Yea but they do grade hard right?

Xelioth1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Xelioth1
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

in general the reviews here are fairly trust-worthy, though quite a bit of reviews are over-hyped nonsense that the reviewers have to post or get flamed more than is necessary, but it's generally pretty easy to pick those games out. for the rest of the games, I basically just look here to see what the pros and cons of the game were and what the overall score was to give me a general idea of what the game is like. I've found I enjoy games that get above a 7.0 most of the time if they sound good to me, so I typically avoid anything lower than 7/10 unless someone else has told me it's better than the review makes it seems.

occassionally,Isayscrewthereviewsandjustbuyagame,butingeneral,Icheckthereview.

coolmonkeykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 coolmonkeykid
Member since 2004 • 3276 Posts
I dont like Jeff Gerstmans reviews. I have agreed with Jason Ocampo in alot of ways.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58444 Posts

I think theyre good. You definately cant take the score at face value, though; you need to read the whole review, see what they didnt like, then see if that is as objectionable to you as it was to them.

I thought The Witcher review wasnt all that professional to be honest. Seemed like it was reviewed by someone who doesnt like old-school RPGs and all that stuff.

I like to cross-corellate (correct term?)the gamespot reviews with player reviews, I think you get the whole picture that way.

bloodstained-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bloodstained-
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts
I have no problems with Gamespot reviews, I agree with them most of the time.
Minder22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Minder22
Member since 2004 • 487 Posts
i trust them on what they rate it
iwokojance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iwokojance
Member since 2005 • 1040 Posts

I think their fair and trust-worthy most of the time. You'll get the few overhyped reviews, and some games that deserve more.. but no one is perfect. I go by Gamespots reviews and thats it.1ZeroReapeR1

Yeah, that's where I'm at as well.I think Gamespot reviews are generally honest and reliable. I read Gamespy reviews too.

fivex84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fivex84
Member since 2006 • 1216 Posts
I tend to watch the video-review's and then read what people have to say about it in the forums