Gamepad to Keystroke please!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

frogloe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 frogloe
Member since 2008 • 9060 Posts

Alrighty I have the Logitech Chillstream gamepad and I'm not much with a mouse so in most of my games I need to use it. However there are those few games unfortunately that don't support the gamepad. Now I know that there are a few emulators and stuff out there, but I'm not quite sure which works best and is easier to use. So if you could just give me a few pointers on something that will convert keystrokes ect. into gamepad buttons or vice versa if I would really apprechiate it because I use my PC quite a bit now. I don't want anything to fancy but more user friendly and effective. Free would be nice but if it has a cost that's alright. Thank you!

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Marfoo
Member since 2004 • 5998 Posts
Xpadder. I think it used to be free, not free anymore. You might be able to find the free version if you Google around.
RayvinAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RayvinAzn
Member since 2004 • 12552 Posts
Practice with the mouse. You'll learn to love its responsiveness and precision.
Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Marfoo
Practice with the mouse. You'll learn to love its responsiveness and precision.RayvinAzn
Good for most games but not all, especially platformers and racers.
RayvinAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RayvinAzn
Member since 2004 • 12552 Posts
[QUOTE="Marfoo"] Good for most games but not all, especially platformers and racers.

Find me a list of how many platformers there are out there that don't support gamepads. I won't even bother asking for a list of racing games that don't support wheels. If the game doesn't accept gamepads, there's a nearly 100% chance that the game will play just fine on a mouse.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I have the same problem. Fuel and Grid and DIRT are all driving games that don't use gamepads. And I don't have a wheel.

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Marfoo
[QUOTE="Marfoo"] Good for most games but not all, especially platformers and racers.RayvinAzn
Find me a list of how many platformers there are out there that don't support gamepads. I won't even bother asking for a list of racing games that don't support wheels. If the game doesn't accept gamepads, there's a nearly 100% chance that the game will play just fine on a mouse.

Well, it's true a lot of games play fine with keyboard and mouse, but I would definitely prefer a platformer with a gamepad as it suits the genre better. I would also rather play a racer with a gamepad. I would also rather play any kind of game that involves flying something whether it be a simulation or arcade style with a gamepad or flightstick. I'm glad Microsoft is pushing the Xbox360 controller for Windows, it makes excellent gamepad controls consistent across many many games. As for games that would be good with a gamepad that don't support gamepads. 1. GTA games pre-IV, they supports gamepads to a very crippled extent. 2. Battlestations Pacific/Midway. If you don't have a controller that is pre-mapped in the options menu, you're out of luck. It's not common, but it's enough to be frustrating when something simple like gamepad support should be implemented.

I have the same problem. Fuel and Grid and DIRT are all driving games that don't use gamepads. And I don't have a wheel.

kraken2109
DIRT and Grid will work with the Xbox360 controller, I don't know about anything else though.