Game like mass effect............that I can actually run D:

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Emman98701

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Emman98701
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Hi guys i just recently spent a week trying to get mass effect to work and then on a different forum someone told me i didn't have the right graphics card.Are there and futuristic third person rpg shooters or anything with the rpg and combat elements of mass effect without high-end graphics? P.S Don't post comments saying "I don't know".
coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

KOTOR (Star Wars:Knights of the old republic) and KOTOR 2

It doesn't have the combat system,but it's futuristic and if you've played Mass Effect I'm sure you'll like this game too. :)

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

Deus Ex and System Shock 2.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
What about shooters with that camera but no rpg gameplay? Interested?
savetehhaloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#5 savetehhaloz
Member since 2007 • 2373 Posts

KOTOR (Star Wars:Knights of the old republic) and KOTOR 2

It doesn't have the combat system,but it's futuristic and if you've played Mass Effect I'm sure you'll like this game too. :)

coreybg
This.
Emman98701

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Emman98701
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
:\ If its Gears of War or Army of Two than no but anything else yes.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dakan45
Dark sector is quite good and low demanding.
Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 Lox_Cropek
Member since 2008 • 3555 Posts

Can't think of anything... Mass Effect is pretty unique

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

Lox_Cropek
No it's not. It's a watered down KOTOR.
cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts
:\ If its Gears of War or Army of Two than no but anything else yes.Emman98701
That was pointless. I agree with KOTOR. It, like ME, was made by BioWare. Plus it's just fun.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dakan45
[QUOTE="Lox_Cropek"]

GeneralShowzer

With a modernized star trek story and gears of war camera.
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="Lox_Cropek"]

dakan45

Yeah, Dakan is right, there isn't anything close to Mass Effect in setting and gameplay combined.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] No it's not. It's a watered down KOTOR.rmfd341

Yeah, Dakan is right, there isn't anything close to Mass Effect in setting or gameplay.

The idea is the same, talk to characters, make choices, visit planets. But the universe, the way the story is told and the combat is very diffirent, more fps like rather rpg like. What IS a watered down version of kotor are the planets (too small and they didnt use the graphics they had to make cool landscapes, only the sidemissions have them) and the dialogue, sometimes i felt they didnt even try to impress me in mass effect. Maybe thats just me.

RaIn285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 RaIn285
Member since 2010 • 3010 Posts
Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 you should like them they are awsome :O
guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts
Dragon Age Origins and Alpha Protocol
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

[QUOTE="rmfd341"][QUOTE="dakan45"] With a modernized star trek story and gears of war camera.dakan45

Yeah, Dakan is right, there isn't anything close to Mass Effect in setting or gameplay.

The idea is the same, talk to characters, make choices, visit planets. But the universe, the way the story is told and the combat is very diffirent, more fps like rather rpg like. What IS a watered down version of kotor are the planets (too small and they didnt use the graphics they had to make cool landscapes, only the sidemissions have them) and the dialogue, sometimes i felt they didnt even try to impress me in mass effect. Maybe thats just me.

ue3 is very limited in that sense, big shiny textures but never usually that much to look at. Id rather look at kotor or guild wars, those games are beautiful even without mega textures.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#17 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Deus Ex 1
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"]

[QUOTE="rmfd341"] Yeah, Dakan is right, there isn't anything close to Mass Effect in setting or gameplay.TerrorRizzing

ue3 is very limited in that sense, big shiny textures but never usually that much to look at. Id rather look at kotor or guild wars, those games are beautiful even without mega textures.

When i say "i feel you" i completly mean it. Recent games have very weak and untalented level design. Its like they cant be bothered with nice buildings and enviroments and make generic stuff with hd textures and prop objects.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TerrorRizzing

[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"][QUOTE="dakan45"] The idea is the same, talk to characters, make choices, visit planets. But the universe, the way the story is told and the combat is very diffirent, more fps like rather rpg like. What IS a watered down version of kotor are the planets (too small and they didnt use the graphics they had to make cool landscapes, only the sidemissions have them) and the dialogue, sometimes i felt they didnt even try to impress me in mass effect. Maybe thats just me.

dakan45

When i say "i feel you" i completly mean it. Recent games have very weak and untalented level design. Its like they cant be bothered with nice buildings and enviroments and make generic stuff with hd textures and prop objects.

thats what sells, I call it console style graphics. Maybe thats not fair, but these kind of graphics are technically not really all that impressive but make for screenshots that can fool people easily. To me dragon age looks way better than mass effect, technically speaking they don't even compare but alot of people will insist mass effect looks way better. I dont get whats so nice about high res textures when the world just seems flat robotic and uninteresting.

ag179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#20 ag179
Member since 2004 • 964 Posts

Freelancer

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/freelancer/index.html

Space exploration /action adventure

Ran on my now five year old laptop with onboard graphics card!

JoeSchmo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JoeSchmo01
Member since 2010 • 56 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"] ue3 is very limited in that sense, big shiny textures but never usually that much to look at. Id rather look at kotor or guild wars, those games are beautiful even without mega textures.TerrorRizzing

thats what sells, I call it console style graphics. Maybe thats not fair, but these kind of graphics are technically not really all that impressive but make for screenshots that can fool people easily. To me dragon age looks way better than mass effect, technically speaking they don't even compare but alot of people will insist mass effect looks way better. I dont get whats so nice about high res textures when the world just seems flat robotic and uninteresting.

whats interesting is that even though i loved both mass effect 1 and 2, i found that the sense of exploration for me isn't what i had hoped it would be. it feels more like when you are supposedly exploring a whole new planet, you are actually just exploring a small instanced corridor on it. with a game like mass effect i was kind of hoping for a better sense of exploration and open level design. yet to play dragon age but i downloaded it yesterday, needless to say im excited.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TerrorRizzing
[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"] When i say "i feel you" i completly mean it. Recent games have very weak and untalented level design. Its like they cant be bothered with nice buildings and enviroments and make generic stuff with hd textures and prop objects. JoeSchmo01

whats interesting is that even though i loved both mass effect 1 and 2, i found that the sense of exploration for me isn't. it feels more like when you are supposedly exploring a whole new planet, you are actually just exploring a small instanced corridor on it. with a game like mass effect i was kind of hoping for a better sense of exploration and open level design. yet to play dragon age but i downloaded it yesterday, needless to say im excited.

ya dragon is alot more interesting design wise, alot more sidequests and interesting things to look at.
Lemonio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lemonio
Member since 2006 • 513 Posts

KOTOR

its an incredible game. much better than mass effect anyways...

if you haven't played it yet, you have to play it now.

you can get it cheap on steam.

Eneru112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Eneru112
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

Deus Ex and System Shock 2.

teardropmina

Kids these days don't care about Deus Ex. get over it.

Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts

Carefull with KOTOR on PC... I can run Mass Effect 1 and 2 perfectly, but KOTOR crawls. Might be cause of Windows 7? I'm not sure, I tried it on two different computers on low settings.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TerrorRizzing

Carefull with KOTOR on PC... I can run Mass Effect 1 and 2 perfectly, but KOTOR crawls. Might be cause of Windows 7? I'm not sure, I tried it on two different computers on low settings.

sinistergoggles
patched up?
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="sinistergoggles"]

TerrorRizzing

patched up?

Kotor screams by on the highest settings possible on my machine using Windows 7 64bit. I doubt it's the operating system.