skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Well its my birthday on Wednesday and just ordered Oculus Rift and Touch Controllers Bundle and will arrive on that day too. One bad thing ive got to wait for amazon to deliver so i cant go out till i get it. First thing I'm going to try is Elite D. Cant wait. :D

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

Yeah I heard Elite is incredible on VR.

I also heard House of the Dying Sun is pretty spectacular as well, not a lot of people know of it I guess. I played it sans-headset (regular ol' screen) and it's a fun game!

Have not heard anything about Everspace as far as VR goes, but the game itself is top notch imo; big-picture, it has the overall scheme of FTL, you go from point to point trying to get to the end. But up close, it's a frenetic arcade roguelike space sim, really fun, lots of upgrades, action, etc. I believe it has really nice VR support built in.

*Question: why Rift instead of Vive?

**Also, happy birthday! Let us know how it is. At $399 I just might have to give it a shot. A shame I Can't find a retailer where they have them on display.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By skipper847

@mrbojangles25: Price £300 ish more for vive. £399,95 for Rift. Also Rift looks more common on sale in UK. Thanks.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 skipper847

It said arriving Wednesday so today i went out for a walk and when came back the delivery driver was at my door. I even checked update delivery be for i went out and it still said delivery Wednesday. I was a bit peed but pleased at the same time. Not set it up yet as it says it needs about 30min to 60 min to set up. Sensors are abit smaller then i thought and looked in the screen shots.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By skipper847

@mrbojangles25: Amazing. Been on it a couple of hours. Not played proper game like elite yet as still setting it up. Just been playing this aircar and looks amazing. Feels like your inside a cockpit flying a spacecar. I am use to trackir and when i first got into the rift i was expecting camera to move same way and was totally shocked then realized it was totally 360 degree.

It took time but have managed to setup my 2 lenses in a very small room. I just skipped abit of the setup where you do the boundary as i cant do it. I just sit in my seat and still is fun but would love more room. Its actually better graphics and resolution then i thought although some text can be hard to see but readable.

If your PC is capable then go for it.