Galactic Civilizations III announced!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

Trailer

Official website

RPS article

You can get alpha and beta acess by purchasing the game through Stardock here(with different price ranges),still no release date though.

Pretty excited about this,really liked GalCiv 2. Anyone interested on this one?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Features

You are the leader of a space faring civilization.

The Sandbox

Galactic Civilizations III is an open-ended 4X space strategy game that features a robust sandbox mode. The player selects who they want to play as, who they want to play against, the size and configuration of their galaxy, what conditions constitute a victory, and are then set loose along with their clever AI foes on an unsuspecting galaxy.

The Campaign

Galactic Civilizations III will come with a story-driven campaign that introduces players to the game’s setting. In the first campaign for Galactic Civilizations III, the player commands a powerful Terran armada that has just returned from a pocket universe to discover that the Drengin Empire is now firmly in control of the galaxy. It is up to the player to liberate the galaxy from Drengin oppression.

Multiplayer

For the first time, players can compete against each other in person and over the Internet in Galactic Civilizations III.

Exploring A Galaxy

Players typically start with a single colony, a colony ship, and a survey ship. They must explore the galaxy to find inhabitable planets. What planets are habitable depends on what species the player has chosen to play as.

Researching Technology

Each race has their own technology tree that provides unique ship equipment, planetary improvements, weapons, defenses, terraforming, sensors, and more.

Diplomacy

Players can negotiate treaties, trade goods and technology, and scheme against common enemies. Diplomacy has always been a key part of the Galactic Civilizations series and Galactic Civilizations III aims to take this much further.

Colony Management

Players build colonies on alien worlds in an effort to develop their economic and strategic potential. We have plans to add another layer of strategy to this aspect of the game.

Galactic Resources

New to Galactic Civilizations III are galactic resources. We’re very excited about the way these encourage players to push out onto the map. Stay tuned for more details on resources in the upcoming months.

Much much more!

This is just a tiny list of what’s in Galactic Civilizations III. Stay tuned for more revelations over the coming months!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Founders Elite Edition - $99,99

ALPHA ACCESS

Explore the first playable version when available

DLC & EXPANSIONS

A lifetime subscription to further GalCiv III content

CREATE YOUR LEGACY

Name a star* and get a special thanks credit

FORUM BADGE

Show your support on the official forums

with this custom Founder’s logo

Founders Elite Edition - $39.99

BETA ACCESS

Start playing GalCiv III when the beta launches

$10 OFF

Get the full game for $39.99 instead of the regular $49.99 price

FORUM BADGE

Show your support on the official forums

with this custom Founder’s logo

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Thanks for the heads up mate,that´s super exciting news! Not sure about the pricing model available at this point though,$99.99 to acess alpha eh?

Not a huge fan of this new trend of "pay more to get the privilege to acess to a game in progress" going on lately.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3  Edited By Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

@MrYaotubo said:

Thanks for the heads up mate,that´s super exciting news! Not sure about the pricing model available at this point though,$99.99 to acess alpha eh?

Not a huge fan of this new trend of "pay more to get the privilege to acess to a game in progress" going on lately.

Yeah,not a big fan of that myself,I can understand it on Planetary Annihilation to achieve parity with the KS backers but in this one not so much.

It´s a simple matter of waiting for the finished product though,or at least get the beta acess package wich is $39.99,10% off the final launch price of $49.99.

To be fair,the alpha package gives you acess to every single piece of content available in the future for free,basically a season pass. I don´t care about it,but I´m sure some people will see value in that.

You can also name a star. Yeah.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@Arach666 said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Yeah,not a big fan of that myself,I can understand it on Planetary Annihilation to achieve parity with the KS backers but in this one not so much.

It´s a simple matter of waiting for the finished product though,or at least get the beta acess package wich is $39.99,10% off the final launch price of $49.99.

To be fair,the alpha package gives you acess to every single piece of content available in the future for free,basically a season pass. I don´t care about it,but I´m sure some people will see value in that.

You can also name a star. Yeah.

Yeah,I´ll probably jump on the beta deal for %10 off,the alpha acess is just useless stuff and promisses of future content that may or may not be good for twice the price of the game.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#5  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Cant flipping wait, Galactic Civilization for me is the best space strategy out there.

Galactic Civ2 is one of my all time fav games, it had amazing gameplay and some of the most and best mods ive ever witnessed. Looking forward to Star Citizen to and love Sins Of A Solar Empire, but or me nothing beats Galactic Civ :)

$39.99 version I think ill get and try it in beta, for you gusy who have not ever played Galactic Civilization before, you are in for a treat! If you enjoy other space games you now have to try the best.

Stardock did an amazing job on galactic civ2, also helping with Sins Of A Solar Empire Rebellion and also the underrated Legendary Heroes Fallen Enchantress. Cant wait to see how this one turns out.

Avatar image for KingOfTheNubeis
KingOfTheNubeis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By KingOfTheNubeis
Member since 2002 • 291 Posts

Nice :)

Mozuckint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Mozuckint
Member since 2012 • 831 Posts

Yes! Thank you TC for keeping us posted!

Can't wait for release!

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

Awesome news,thanks for the detailed info,loved GC2 so I´m really interested in this one,would probably love a new Sins game a bit more though. >.>

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#9 madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Nice trailer. Very excited for this one. I wonder if that ship on homepage is representative of the game's final graphics? If it is, then bring it on.

64-bit only? It's about time. Hopefully this and other upcoming 64-bit games will finally, properly usher in the 64-bit era. We've been ready for this for quite some time.