G930 headset really sucks, crackling noises during sudden loud noises

This topic is locked from further discussion.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

anyone know of any fix for this? I've been playing serious sam 3 and during sudden spikes in volume, like when the metal music kicks in and during a lot of explosions, my headhpones just kind of can't handle it. its like a crackling noise. I can't seem to find a fix online. 

II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 II-Siamak-II
Member since 2012 • 480 Posts

As a former owner of G930 and G35 I can tell you there is no fix as both of these headsets use 40mm Driver also there was a bunch of software problem and design issues with G930 and never got fixed, I for one went through 7 replacements and finally gave up, I used to be a huge Logitech fan and supporter but after G930 I decides no to buy anything from them ever again. If you are still within return policy I would suggest you return them and buy Creative Wrath wireless or Corsair Vengeance 2000 or if you have the money buy the headset I have which is Astro A50.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
Those kinds of gaming headsets are a gimmick. Get a good pair of Senheiser or Audio Tecnica for some awesome sound.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Those kinds of gaming headsets are a gimmick. Get a good pair of Senheiser or Audio Tecnica for some awesome sound.

completely NOT a gimmick, they are well built, excellent sounding headphones with the best integrated mic features you can find on a headset. and yes there is a fix for it. you need to download the old version of the drivers. the newer drivers have a lot of issues and cause a lot of popping. i believe you need lgs820_x64.... pretty sure it is the 8.20 drivers. you DONT want the 8.35 drivers. should clear up the popping.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Geminon

As a former owner of G930 and G35 I can tell you there is no fix as both of these headsets use 40mm Driver also there was a bunch of software problem and design issues with G930 and never got fixed, I for one went through 7 replacements and finally gave up, I used to be a huge Logitech fan and supporter but after G930 I decides no to buy anything from them ever again. If you are still within return policy I would suggest you return them and buy Creative Wrath wireless or Corsair Vengeance 2000 or if you have the money buy the headset I have which is Astro A50.

II-Siamak-II

as you can see in my post, there is a fix for it.... just because you couldnt fix the issue, doesnt mean there isnt a fix. Astro A50s are ****ING horrible.

recommending those shitfest headphones that cost 2.5x what the G35s cost is just hilarious.

aside from that, your comment about them having 40mm drivers, as if that is a negative, just further proves you are ignorant when it comes to headphones. the driver size has very little to do with the quality of sound coming from a set of headphones, and honestly, the VAST majority of over ear headsets are going to be 40mm. the largest you are probably going to be able to find is 50mm and the difference is not exactly what i would call substantial....

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Those kinds of gaming headsets are a gimmick. Get a good pair of Senheiser or Audio Tecnica for some awesome sound.

completely NOT a gimmick, they are well built, excellent sounding headphones with the best integrated mic features you can find on a headset. and yes there is a fix for it. you need to download the old version of the drivers. the newer drivers have a lot of issues and cause a lot of popping. i believe you need lgs820_x64.... pretty sure it is the 8.20 drivers. you DONT want the 8.35 drivers. should clear up the popping.

They are OK headphones, at the same level as some $30 USB ones. Once you listen to real quality headphones though, these Logitech and Razer and Turtle Beach all sound of much lower quality.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Those kinds of gaming headsets are a gimmick. Get a good pair of Senheiser or Audio Tecnica for some awesome sound.

They are OK headphones, at the same level as some $30 USB ones. Once you listen to real quality headphones though, these Logitech and Razer and Turtle Beach all sound of much lower quality.
masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Those kinds of gaming headsets are a gimmick. Get a good pair of Senheiser or Audio Tecnica for some awesome sound.

second that, they will be the last pair of headphones you'll ever want to buy. I just use the mic of my old pair of headset with them.
gio-dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gio-dude
Member since 2013 • 41 Posts

I decided to get the Creative Auvana Live after reading a thread here. I'd recommend them.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Those kinds of gaming headsets are a gimmick. Get a good pair of Senheiser or Audio Tecnica for some awesome sound.masterdrat
second that, they will be the last pair of headphones you'll ever want to buy. I just use the mic of my old pair of headset with them.

Can't beat a good set of Sennheiser cans.

II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 II-Siamak-II

[QUOTE="II-Siamak-II"]

Geminon

as you can see in my post, there is a fix for it.... just because you couldnt fix the issue, doesnt mean there isnt a fix. Astro A50s are ****ING horrible.

recommending those shitfest headphones that cost 2.5x what the G35s cost is just hilarious.

aside from that, your comment about them having 40mm drivers, as if that is a negative, just further proves you are ignorant when it comes to headphones. the driver size has very little to do with the quality of sound coming from a set of headphones, and honestly, the VAST majority of over ear headsets are going to be 40mm. the largest you are probably going to be able to find is 50mm and the difference is not exactly what i would call substantial....

Oh im ignorant? well let me tell you something boy!!!, after being in computer repair business for over 10 years and going through thousands of configurations/parts and equipment, im pretty confident in what I suggest and just so you know for future refrence kid, 50mm Driver makes a whole lot of difference, don't make a fool out of yourself by being so rude to a someone whos just trying to help another fellow member.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

As others have said, you really can't expect top sound quality from a "gaming headset". Get some real headphones. I use a pair of AKG K271 studio monitors. Originally got them for music production, but they also just happen to be incredible headphones for general use. 

Senheisers are also great. Shure, as well, if you get some of the nicer ones. Don't bother with Shure if you're looking for <$100 headphones. Their cheaper ones are good for the price, but they're just not really what you should be looking for if you want  great  headphones.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
Update your drivers. I've never experienced any problems with the G930. Sometimes when I walk to my backyard I lose connection to the dongle but other than that they run flawlessly. Couldn't recommend a better headset.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Geminon

[QUOTE="Geminon"]

[QUOTE="II-Siamak-II"]

II-Siamak-II

Oh im ignorant? well let me tell you something boy!!!, after being in computer repair business for over 10 years and going through thousands of configurations/parts and equipment, im pretty confident in what I suggest and just so you know for future refrence kid, 50mm Driver makes a whole lot of difference, don't make a fool out of yourself by being so rude to a someone whos just trying to help another fellow member.

being helpful and being ignorant are two different things... "computer repair business for over 10 years".... geek squad folks are in the "computer repair business" and they know less than my kid does about computers. FFS what a joke....
II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 II-Siamak-II

[QUOTE="II-Siamak-II"]

[QUOTE="Geminon"] as you can see in my post, there is a fix for it.... just because you couldnt fix the issue, doesnt mean there isnt a fix. Astro A50s are ****ING horrible.

Geminon

being helpful and being ignorant are two different things... "computer repair business for over 10 years".... geek squad folks are in the "computer repair business" and they know less than my kid does about computers. FFS what a joke....

wow, with that attitude i don't think you are making such a good example to your Kid. I strongly suggest rethinking your manners, that is if you truely are a dad and not some 14 year old who gets the jiz out of talking down on people on forums.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts
Sorry man...don't get Logitech headsets. You are much better off with Sennheisers, Audio Technics, etc. Just fyi for your' future purchases...a good quality headset is worth it's weight in gold.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Maybe it's the USB port? Try different USB ports. I get audio issues similar to the one described if I plug a USB sound device into a dusty port. Or it's just a shoddy USB headset. USB headphones and headsets are typically shoddy, have short life times, and poorer sound quality than their analog counterparts. Especially if they're wireless (lol).

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Geminon

[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="II-Siamak-II"]

II-Siamak-II

wow, with that attitude i don't think you are making such a good example to your Kid. I strongly suggest rethinking your manners, that is if you truely are a dad and not some 14 year old who gets the jiz out of talking down on people on forums.

no, i expect my kid to know what she is talking about before she opens her mouth. aside from that, there is nothing wrong with his headset. he just needs the right drivers. if you knew anything about computers, or USB headsets, you would know that is a large part of their operation.
II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 II-Siamak-II

[QUOTE="II-Siamak-II"]

[QUOTE="Geminon"] being helpful and being ignorant are two different things... "computer repair business for over 10 years".... geek squad folks are in the "computer repair business" and they know less than my kid does about computers. FFS what a joke....Geminon

no, i expect my kid to know what she is talking about before she opens her mouth. aside from that, there is nothing wrong with his headset. he just needs the right drivers. if you knew anything about computers, or USB headsets, you would know that is a large part of their operation.

no point in arguing with someone as closed minded as you, so we leave it at that.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

Maybe it's the USB port? Try different USB ports. I get audio issues similar to the one described if I plug a USB sound device into a dusty port. Or it's just a shoddy USB headset. USB headphones and headsets are typically shoddy, have short life times, and poorer sound quality than their analog counterparts. Especially if they're wireless (lol).

KHAndAnime
yeah i tried using 3.0 and 2.0 usb ports on the front and back, but none were different. I've found that the headphones are perfectly fine when I DO NOT use the software provided for the 7.1 surround sound. So basically, I just leave the switch on the things set the other way
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Those kinds of gaming headsets are a gimmick. Get a good pair of Senheiser or Audio Tecnica for some awesome sound.FelipeInside

Truth. I would never ever ever ever spend money on a dedicated "gaming" headset. Save your money and spend it on a premium audio brand.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Those kinds of gaming headsets are a gimmick. Get a good pair of Senheiser or Audio Tecnica for some awesome sound.psn8214

Truth. I would never ever ever ever spend money on a dedicated "gaming" headset. Save your money and spend it on a premium audio brand.

Thing is, people just don't know this and get tricked into it by all the marketing. I can say that cause I was one of them. I wanted a pair of good headsets. I had $30 Sony ones which sounded great, but still were just normal ones. I looked into those Senheiser brands but then got caught up into the whole "gaming headset" from Turtle Beach. Also the whole "it has surround, with 4 different satellites on each ear" etc etc. I actually went and bought the gaming Turtle Beach ones. They sounded pretty good but then a friend let me borrow his $150 Senheiser ones. Boy oh Boy did I instantly know what a difference there was, and what a mistake I had made. I took the TBeach back and luckily they let me swap them for a pair of Senheisers. Couldn't be happier.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Thing is, people just don't know this and get tricked into it by all the marketing. I can say that cause I was one of them. I wanted a pair of good headsets. I had $30 Sony ones which sounded great, but still were just normal ones. I looked into those Senheiser brands but then got caught up into the whole "gaming headset" from Turtle Beach. Also the whole "it has surround, with 4 different satellites on each ear" etc etc. I actually went and bought the gaming Turtle Beach ones. They sounded pretty good but then a friend let me borrow his $150 Senheiser ones. Boy oh Boy did I instantly know what a difference there was, and what a mistake I had made. I took the TBeach back and luckily they let me swap them for a pair of Senheisers. Couldn't be happier.FelipeInside

It's a bloody shame really. You actually SAVE money getting better sounding headphones. I'm sort of a sound/music nut so I fortunately never got sucked into this, but the number of my gamer friends with Turtle Beach sh*t is semi-appalling to me when I compare the sound quality of their headphones to my own 100$ Audio Technicas.

Sorry to kinda/sorta derail your thread TC, but there's definitely a lesson to be learned from this. :P

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

G930 owner here, they are pretty bad imo, really wish i did not spend as much on them as i did. I wound up getting a pair of Audio-technica

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD700-Open-air-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B000CMS0XU

And i love them, these with my headphone amp make games sound fuc*ing AMAZING.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

:lol: Ok, buddy. Get a pair of Audio Technica AD900 and thank me later.
feverberries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 feverberries
Member since 2013 • 281 Posts

you should never buy gaming headsets... only good thing about them is that they have built in mic. sound quality sucks.