Funcom censorship with Age of Conan and other things

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrGutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 MrGutts
Member since 2004 • 63 Posts
So what does everyone think about the Funcom huge censorship that is going on? They seem to removing every single negative post on the main forums about the game. What do you think about the stealth nerfs that are going in and not telling anyone about in the patch notes?
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

What happens happens, there are clear inbalances in all classes at the moment, as expected.

I'm a tempest of set, and I can place down 15 Idol of Sets at lvl 25 ... giving me unlimted mana, massive damage... if it gets stealth nerfed, I'l be a little gutted, but I can see why it would happen.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

Have you seen the forums? Its 95% spam. I think the mods should be a little more enforcing, to be honest.

Regarding the stealth nerfs, yes, I think they should be more open with the changes, since the players will find them all anyways. But most nerfs so far, stealthed or not, have been valid ones, and the speed in which they are updating the game has been impressive.

*edit* Well, I just saw the forums again today and it seems Funcom is taking out a lot of the adult content in the game....this form of censorship I am very opposed too. One of the main draws of AoC has been its more adult-oriented content, for them to advertise their game using this content and now them slowly taking it out is a bit of a downer. I don't think its going to stop me from playing, but its dissapointing nonetheless.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Meu2k7

Have you seen the forums? Its 95% spam. I think the mods should be a little more enforcing, to be honest.

Regarding the stealth nerfs, yes, I think they should be more open with the changes, since the players will find them all anyways. But most nerfs so far, stealthed or not, have been valid ones, and the speed in which they are updating the game has been impressive.

*edit* Well, I just saw the forums again today and it seems Funcom is taking out a lot of the adult content in the game....this form of censorship I am very opposed too. One of the main draws of AoC has been its more adult-oriented content, for them to advertise their game using this content and now them slowly taking it out is a bit of a downer. I don't think its going to stop me from playing, but its dissapointing nonetheless.

TheCrazed420

What adult content are they removing? people are actually complaining about adult content? doesnt it say on the box MATURE? -_-

yes it does. 18+ on my box, and theyre removing it? I'm sorry I liked the grittyness, a pile of dead naked virgins on a sacrificial pit was gritty and immersive.

somethings were pointless though, like Topless woman...

EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
Yeah the topless women plus some of the emotes = ao rating for sure. They probably just took them out to prevent it.
WDT-BlackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WDT-BlackKat
Member since 2008 • 1779 Posts
Actually they aren't taking any of that out. If you read the game's forums the devs post that it's a bug. So relax everyone. Your dirty emotes and nipples will return.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheCrazed420

Actually they aren't taking any of that out. If you read the game's forums the devs post that it's a bug. So relax everyone. Your dirty emotes and nipples will return.WDT-BlackKat

Thank god!

Though I wonder if it was a bug, or if this is a reaction to the very negative response by the community. Its hard to believe it was a bug that suddenly clothed naked women, removed nipples from my succumbus, and got rid of the dirtier emotes. Thats a pretty selective bug.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Meu2k7

Actually they aren't taking any of that out. If you read the game's forums the devs post that it's a bug. So relax everyone. Your dirty emotes and nipples will return.WDT-BlackKat

Hmm Im not seeing any confirmation of that.

But you have to understand its not from a perverted perspective. Theres more to a gritty mature world than "Orcs and Warlocks".

I couldnt care if there was penis in it, its an AO game, there shouldnt be Ken and Barbies ;o, its that old childish look on the game industry.

A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
It's typical, I wouldnt expect anything less from funcom.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheCrazed420

[QUOTE="WDT-BlackKat"]Actually they aren't taking any of that out. If you read the game's forums the devs post that it's a bug. So relax everyone. Your dirty emotes and nipples will return.Meu2k7

Hmm Im not seeing any confirmation of that.

But you have to understand its not from a perverted perspective. Theres more to a gritty mature world than "Orcs and Warlocks".

I couldnt care if there was penis in it, its an AO game, there shouldnt be Ken and Barbies ;o, its that old childish look on the game industry.

I did find the reply from Tarib saying it was indeed a bug and they will be fixing it on their next downtime.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#11 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Thank god they finally cleaned up the forums.. There are still some complaint threads, but not nearly as many spam threads from WOW fanboys trying to turn peopel away from the game.

on another note.. heres a little picturefrom AOC (: