Free Amazon Prime Student for 6 Months

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

Sup everyone. Amazon is providing college students with a free 6 month membership to Amazon Student. Gives you FREE 2 day shipping and Free Release Day shipping. (You would get Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm on release day - for example):

Check it out: Click Here

Enjoy :D!

Correction. I guess you dont get access to Instant Video - which is pretty lame BUT the other perks are well worth the few steps it takes to sign up.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#2 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Also you'll occassionally get emails about special deals only for amazon prime student members. I got Risen for like $1.70 because they screwed up and gave me a 66% off coupon and Risen was $5.

Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gamesterpheonix

Also you'll occassionally get emails about special deals only for amazon prime student members. I got Risen for like $1.70 because they screwed up and gave me a 66% off coupon and Risen was $5.

cain006
lol sweet.
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

You don't get access to free instant video. I've been a Student Prime member for probably 5 months now and i just checked it. As a student prime member you get the release date delivery and 2 day shipping only.

But seeing as we are talking about Amazon, I should say that I use an Amazon credit card and have received probably over $70 in Amazon points in less than a year. 3 points for every dollar spent on amazon (in other words, 3 cents for ever dollar), and 2 and 1 points for other stuff not on amazon. Its a really awesome setup for me because I can buy whatever i was going to buy anyways, but now i get money towards amazon purchases. For example, i just spent $360 on textbooks (And this was cheaper than any other place i could find). so that is $360/100= $3.60. $360 *3 = $10.80. So I not only got the cheapest prices on books, I also got $10.80 in amazon money.

That all relates to PC games because i can say that I haven't paid cash for a game in several months. The extra money that i get by using the credit card ends up being my video game fund that I use to purchase games.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

umm they been doing this dude lol? last 2 years i say and they was giving 1 year free for a while.

Eitheir way i paid for a year amazon prime. sorta nice. I do most of all my shopping for stuff online minus groceries so it's nice to not wait a week or so getting stuff or worry about grouping stuff together to get that $25 free shipping

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

You don't get access to free instant video. I've been a Student Prime member for probably 5 months now and i just checked it. As a student prime member you get the release date delivery and 2 day shipping only.

But seeing as we are talking about Amazon, I should say that I use an Amazon credit card and have received probably over $70 in Amazon points in less than a year. 3 points for every dollar spent on amazon (in other words, 3 cents for ever dollar), and 2 and 1 points for other stuff not on amazon. Its a really awesome setup for me because I can buy whatever i was going to buy anyways, but now i get money towards amazon purchases. For example, i just spent $360 on textbooks (And this was cheaper than any other place i could find). so that is $360/100= $3.60. $360 *3 = $10.80. So I not only got the cheapest prices on books, I also got $10.80 in amazon money.

That all relates to PC games because i can say that I haven't paid cash for a game in several months. The extra money that i get by using the credit card ends up being my video game fund that I use to purchase games.

hoola

It should be noted that after the free 6 months you can get Amazon prime for half price ($39) for 4 years, and that does include instant streaming and everything else

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

hoola
That's wonderful. I've been thinking about going back to school for my Master's Degree for a while now. Thanks for the great info. There's no age limit for student Prime member, right?
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

Sup everyone. Amazon is providing college students with a free 6 month membership to Amazon Student. Gives you FREE 2 day shipping and Free Release Day shipping. (You would get Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm on release day - for example). AND you get unlimted access to Amazon Instant Video (like Netflix):

Check it out: Click Here

Enjoy :D!

Gamesterpheonix

I just signed up for it and I still have to pay for everything under Amazon Instant Video...

EDIT: Amazon isntant Video is only free if you ahev the poaid membership, not the free 6 month trial.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#9 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

[QUOTE="hoola"]

Elann2008

That's wonderful. I've been thinking about going back to school for my Master's Degree for a while now. Thanks for the great info. There's no age limit for student Prime member, right?

I don't think so. All they did was ask for my school email if I remember correctly.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="hoola"]

cain006

I don't think so. All they did was ask for my school email if I remember correctly.

Cool! Thanks!
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

[QUOTE="hoola"]

Elann2008

Yeah, I'm pretty sure as long as you are a student you can do it (i honestly don't remember the sign up process :P ). I'm sure they have more info on the website. But just to make sure I didn't confuse you, realize that Student Amazon Prime (free 2 day shipping, free release day shipping) is totally different, and separate, from the Amazon credit card. Anyone can get the amazon credit card, whether you are a student or not, and it has nothing to do with Student Amazon Prime. I was simply mentioning it as an aside. You can get one or the other, or both (I happen to have both). I hope you do good with your Master's.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
^ you just need a edu email account.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
is it worth going back to college in another country across the other side of the world just to get this? I'm thinking yes!
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="hoola"]

hoola

Yeah, I'm pretty sure as long as you are a student you can do it (i honestly don't remember the sign up process :P ). I'm sure they have more info on the website. But just to make sure I didn't confuse you, realize that Student Amazon Prime (free 2 day shipping, free release day shipping) is totally different, and separate, from the Amazon credit card. Anyone can get the amazon credit card, whether you are a student or not, and it has nothing to do with Student Amazon Prime. I was simply mentioning it as an aside. You can get one or the other, or both (I happen to have both). I hope you do good with your Master's.

Thanks mate. :)
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gamesterpheonix
No access to Video does suck BUT the other benefits are still worth the sign up. It really is a godsend when you need textbooks fast. lol.
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gamesterpheonix
Still going!
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gamesterpheonix
If I didnt have classes...Id own Ni No Kuni right now...
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#18 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
Thanks I'll check it out. Always in need of receiving my non school related reading material faster. All I need is some games that will run good on an old laptop with a geforce 8600gt.