evert67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By evert67
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

I have a question about Forza Horizon 3. Once I want to start a mission from a festival I have to click a yellow area on the map to select a route to that location. Next I can start driving, following the markings on the road.

However, before I arrive at the selected point, I usually get the announcement "destination arrived" and nothing happens further. I am not at the selected point (in the yellow area), but somewhere completely else. The markings on the road have also disappeared. From there on I can select a new route from that point to the point in the yellow area, but then exactly the same happens again.

Who knows what I am doing wrong (do I do something wrong?) and how I can arrive at the real end point of the route (in the yellow circle)?

Thanks!

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#2 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10583 Posts

The yellow area is for recruiting "Drivatars:" NPC drivers that get your more money and fans. Look for an NPC car and race them.

Or just ignore them. I did, and just did nothing but racing.

evert67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By evert67
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

@madrocketeer:

Thanks, but that is not exactly what is happeneing. My problem is that I don't even reach the yellow area. When I want to start a mission, I press the yellow circle and Forza then clearly draws a line from where I am to the circle. Then I start driving with the tracing/marking as my guide. However, before I have reached the yellow circle, somewhere along the line I get the message "destination arrived" and the tracing disappears. Nothing happens then. I can then make a new route/line to the yellow circle, but after some time the problem appears again and I have still not reached the circle. This can happen many times. Any idea what is going on?

By the way I am a newby and all settings are set to "easy".

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By madrocketeer

Yeah, what's happening is you're supposed to start looking for the Drivatar to recruit. The yellow circle is just a general location of where that drivatar could be, and ANNA can only point you in that general area. You have to look for the NPC driver yourself. It's a bit annoying, which is why I've never bothered with it.

That said, there is apparently a perk that highlights them and make them much easier to find. You could try that.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@madrocketeer: Its not an NPC really, they are actually real people with their driving style represented with the car.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By madrocketeer
@GTR12 said:

@madrocketeer: Its not an NPC really, they are actually real people with their driving style represented with the car.

They are technically NPCs, in that they are not directly controlled by the players. They just represent real players, but are otherwise controlled by the AI.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

@madrocketeer said:
@GTR12 said:

They are technically NPCs, in that they are not directly controlled by the players. They just represent real players, but are otherwise controlled by the AI.

Yeah...eventually, you'll learn to ignore them