This topic is locked from further discussion.

Glazkrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 Glazkrak
Member since 2004 • 10802 Posts

I know I'm posting this in the "Hardware" area but it seems to be the only option that is best suited for my question.

Anyway, I'm trying to use a font called Narkisim. I believe it's installed with Office 2007. -- Which I do have installed, either that or an older version that I had installed in the past. I also have Some Adobe programs installed. (Photoshop & Acrobat. The full program, not just the reader.)

Here's where it's... odd.

In Notepad or creating a html document with just some text, (ABC for example) and in Photoshop the font is available in all three instances and I'm actually able to use it.

However, in Wordpad, (start > programs > accessories > wordpad) and Microsoft Word 2007 the font is displayed in the list but once I actually select it, it reverts back to the previously used font. (ie: Times New Roman)

If I open up the font dialog box rather than just using the drop down list, I can see a preview of the font but whenever it comes down to actually selecting it to make it active, it reverts the changes. I don't even see the changes briefly displayed on the screen. It's in the TrueType format.

I've tried reinstalling the font, creating a new blank document, pasting text to see if it kept the formating from Notepad and as well as the opposite, directly typing it in. No luck.

I know there are alternative programs out there but I would like to solve this mystery and continue using Word.

Any suggestions? Thanks. :)

d-rtyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 d-rtyboy
Member since 2006 • 3178 Posts
The file is called, narkisim.ttf? Just stick it in C;\windows\fonts My understanding is that notepad doesn't use fonts in the actual formatting of the text, just uses at as far as what you see on the screen.
Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3 Rusteater
Member since 2004 • 4080 Posts

I know I'm posting this in the "Hardware" area but it seems to be the only option that is best suited for my question.

Anyway, I'm trying to use a font called Narkisim. I believe it's installed with Office 2007. -- Which I do have installed, either that or an older version that I had installed in the past. I also have Some Adobe programs installed. (Photoshop & Acrobat. The full program, not just the reader.)

Here's where it's... odd.

In Notepad or creating a html document with just some text, (ABC for example) and in Photoshop the font is available in all three instances and I'm actually able to use it.

However, in Wordpad, (start > programs > accessories > wordpad) and Microsoft Word 2007 the font is displayed in the list but once I actually select it, it reverts back to the previously used font. (ie: Times New Roman)

If I open up the font dialog box rather than just using the drop down list, I can see a preview of the font but whenever it comes down to actually selecting it to make it active, it reverts the changes. I don't even see the changes briefly displayed on the screen. It's in the TrueType format.

I've tried reinstalling the font, creating a new blank document, pasting text to see if it kept the formating from Notepad and as well as the opposite, directly typing it in. No luck.

I know there are alternative programs out there but I would like to solve this mystery and continue using Word.

Any suggestions? Thanks. :)

Glazkrak

There's nothing wrong with your system. I have the same issue with that font and Word 2007 as well. I tried another Hebrew font (aharoni) and it does the same thing. You may need to go into your regional settings in the control panel and change it to Hebrew to get that to work for you.

Glazkrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4 Glazkrak
Member since 2004 • 10802 Posts

The file is called, narkisim.ttf? Just stick it in C;\windows\fonts My understanding is that notepad doesn't use fonts in the actual formatting of the text, just uses at as far as what you see on the screen.d-rtyboy

Yes Narkisim.ttf. I do have the font installed in my Windows fonts directory. As for your second line, I haven't a clue what you meant since I manually set the font in Notepad, as well as a html page, and in Photoshop.

There's nothing wrong with your system. I have the same issue with that font and Word 2007 as well. I tried another Hebrew font (aharoni) and it does the same thing. You may need to go into your regional settings in the control panel and change it to Hebrew to get that to work for you.

Rusteater
Really? That's very strange. I never had to do that before. I don't use the font all the time so I can't state exactly when this issue began but I know it wasn't always like this. I suppose I could give that option a try. Thanks. :) I was assuming I would have to go the reinstall route. Despite the fact that it means you would need to have the same issue, I'm glad to hear that it isn't just me. :P :)

Thank you (to you both) for the replies. :)