SameGotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By SameGotta
Member since 2019 • 9 Posts

I've gotten two mics already for my gaming PC and the issues have been really, really, really, really frustrating.

Fyi I also have a gaming keyboard (Blackwidow with green switches) so it's loud as goddamn for my friends, and I try to find ways to reduce my typing volume. Because sometimes if my settings are bad (ie gain or output volume) it will earrape everyone.

This is my first one I tried. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BDFP6XC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Everyone said I was REALLY REALLY soft. I boosted WindowsX gain to +20 but that wouldn't work well. It would boost the noise really hard and quality was actually unlistenable. Boosting to max in discord did NOT do enough. I DO NOT know why the hell that happened.

So I got a cheap crap webcam mic. Not exactly what's linked, but basically the same. https://www.mway.company/HD-USB-Webcam,M_Way-HD-720P-Rotatable-PC-Computer-Camera-Video-Calling-and-Recording-with-Noise-canceling-Mic,Clip-on-Style-For-Desktop-Laptop-Network-Skype-p-7.html

Ok so at least people can hear me, but if I start typing hard people sort of get earraped. It's not that bad now, but if I listen to myself I can see how it is really annoying if my settings are off. I have to set my mic below my desk (so my keyboard is above the desk and thus quieter), but what's irritating is that its range of pickup isn't that great. If I lean back real hard I get really soft again on mic.

No one else I know has these many issues. What the heck. Please tell me what I need. Is it my software or drivers? I doubt I'm missing proper audio driver or software. Why is my damned laptop mic even better than these two things I bought for my PC?

I'm sure everyone can see why this is so frustrating with me

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Either change a keyboard with non clicky noise typing or buy quality mic like Blue Yeti with a mic boom.

You can also change your mic settings to push to talk instead of voice activation to reduce the typing sound

SameGotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SameGotta

I know I can get a mic boom or an expensive one but I don't think I need or want an expensive mic.

People I know don't necessarily have this issue and don't need an expensive microphone.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
@samegotta said:

I know I can get a mic boom or an expensive one but I don't think I need or want an expensive mic.

People I know don't necessarily have this issue and don't need an expensive microphone.

Then go ask the people you know what type of tech their using and buy yourself one as they did

Mic boom doesn't cost more than 20$ with the stand mountable on your table, cheap gaming keyboard that doesn't has blue switches cost about the same amount.

I also gave you a third option without changing any hardware.

skhaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 skhaz
Member since 2019 • 5 Posts

Mine is the Rode Nt1 A.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SuperfluousReal
Member since 2019 • 361 Posts

Hmm i would advise you to get a condenser mic, the only drawback of this type of mic is the fact that there is zero cancellation of outside sources, so if an ambulance sirens outside 40 feet from you then people will hear it on the mic like you are blaring out sirens down the mic. They are unmatched for quality though.

SameGotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SameGotta

Thanks for suggestions, but condenser mics sound expensive.

can I ask if anyone knows 1. what mics should honestly just work, and 2. what mic you use? (if it's not expensive?)

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

I use my Sharkoon Skiller headset mic, it's decent.