Finally found a game that cripples my rig.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
I have had my gaiming rig for almost 4 years now (with a RAM and GPU upgrade 2 years ago) and I finally found a game I cant run. Granted Oblivion almost brought it to its knees, but still played med. settings with low details and no lag though. I downloaded Supreme commander and i felt Like I was on a P3 with a voodoo gfx card. Even on lowest settings, any amount of troops would have serious lag, to the point that it wasnt playable. I thought Crysis was going to be the game that broke the camels back, turns out it was an RTS that did it in. Oh well, buh-bye Athlon XP, hello C2D
supergamer1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 supergamer1289
Member since 2005 • 2825 Posts
Yeah, you might want to think about ditching the graphcis card also
macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 macpop
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts
[QUOTE="POJO_MOFO"]I have had my gaiming rig for almost 4 years now (with a RAM and GPU upgrade 2 years ago) and I finally found a game I cant run. Granted Oblivion almost brought it to its knees, but still played med. settings with low details and no lag though. I downloaded Supreme commander and i felt Like I was on a P3 with a voodoo gfx card. Even on lowest settings, any amount of troops would have serious lag, to the point that it wasnt playable. I thought Crysis was going to be the game that broke the camels back, turns out it was an RTS that did it in. Oh well, buh-bye Athlon XP, hello C2D

ol yea, i hope they optimize the game more, me on the otherhand there isnt a game out now that i cant max out @ 1024x768 with good fps, and @ 1280x1024 @ med-high settings, only game was vegas but i still playd the game well enough in the mid 25-34fps lagless IMO
POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
Yeah, you might want to think about ditching the graphcis card alsosupergamer1289
oh yeah, i will definitely start from scratch. Having a C2D (probably E6600) with that GPU would be like having a Geo Metro engine in a Ferrari.