Final Fantasy XIII on PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Atombomb1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Atombomb1981
Member since 2003 • 213 Posts

Considering the massive success of Final Fantasy XIII in Japan, the game will most likely be a hit also overseas. What do you think, can we hope for a PC version?

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Doubt it.

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
Doubtful, very doubtful. I say if you want to play a console game buy a console, not very expensive.
ZuljinRaynor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 ZuljinRaynor
Member since 2005 • 1310 Posts

Doubtful but it would be very nice since I prefer playing any game on PC more than on a console. While Last Remanant wasn't the best game ever, it was nice seeing a JRPG coming out on PC. Maybe if they release a proper Final Fantasy game it would do much better. I was really hoping Square Enix would try more PC support. Also I wish the PC Version would have both audio tracks cause as it stands right now I'm gonna be importing the Japanese PS3 version.

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
It's possible. I mean, Square-Enix made a PC-exclusive RTS game and they did release The Last Remnant for the PC.
deadnarc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deadnarc
Member since 2006 • 154 Posts
I think at first they said it was a possibly but I think they said they weren't gonna do it anymore. It'd be cool though.
Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

Doubt it.

psn8214
Final Fantasy should stay on the PS3 where it belongs
djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts
[QUOTE="psn8214"]

Doubt it.

Megaman5364

i don't see a reason for it not to be on PC. I don't see a reason for it to only be on PS3 for that matter. Why shouldn't 360 owners get to enjoy it?
Avatar image for Captain__Tripps
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Captain__Tripps
Member since 2006 • 4523 Posts
[QUOTE="psn8214"]

Doubt it.

Megaman5364

FF started on Nintendo consoles... and is coming to 360. It would be easy for them to bring it to PC, but is not currently slated to... but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened eventually.
ZuljinRaynor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ZuljinRaynor
Member since 2005 • 1310 Posts

I would be pissed though if I do import the game and then it comes out on PC like 1 year later.

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

It's possible. I mean, Square-Enix made a PC-exclusive RTS game and they did release The Last Remnant for the PC.Einhanderkiller

If it was 2006, I would say it's unlikely too.

But since Square-Enix increased their support in the ocident, started releasing and distributing games for PC, plus the buying of Eidos, it's very likely to see Final Fantasy XIII coming to PC by the end of 2010.

This article tells how the game was developed on a multiplatform engine, using a functional PC version as the base for the console versions. It's just a small effort to actually make a playable PC version and sell it. It's guaranteed money, why wouldn't they release a strong million seller IP on PC?

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53828

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
I would love square enix if they made FFXIII for PC. FF is the only thing i regret about being a PC gamer
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Its possible considering SE wants to push itself into the PC market.

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

I would love square enix if they made FFXIII for PC. FF is the only thing i regret about being a PC gamerIantheone

Especially after X-2, XI and XII :roll:

I wouldn't mind if it comes out, tho. Just one more game to kill time with when I'm not in the mood to play something serious :D

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

[QUOTE="Megaman5364"][QUOTE="psn8214"]

Doubt it.

djmillard2

i don't see a reason for it not to be on PC. I don't see a reason for it to only be on PS3 for that matter. Why shouldn't 360 owners get to enjoy it?

because we of the Sony camp are the reason why the franchise is what it is today. we MADE the legacy and it's only right that we enjoy the privilege. boys, fall in and show these freeloaders our wrath!

seriously though, people were hopeful that it will come to pc when Square Enix announced its xbox360 debut. but that hope has not been materialised yet and i doubt it will be.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#16 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

Well,it´s because of situations like this that I have a PS3 as a secondary gaming system.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jinroh_basic

[QUOTE="Megaman5364"][QUOTE="psn8214"]

Doubt it.

Captain__Tripps

FF started on Nintendo consoles... and is coming to 360. It would be easy for them to bring it to PC, but is not currently slated to... but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened eventually.

it started on nintendo, true, but it's on PS/PS2 where the franchise really became legendary.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
I hope it will be on PC.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

[QUOTE="Iantheone"]I would love square enix if they made FFXIII for PC. FF is the only thing i regret about being a PC gamerMograine

Especially after X-2, XI and XII :roll:

I wouldn't mind if it comes out, tho. Just one more game to kill time with when I'm not in the mood to play something serious :D

Never played XI or XII =D But, ya thats what i liked about the games. They were very casual. Ive been playing too many serious games lately.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Well FF XIV will be on PC, they are taking applications to be in the beta.
Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 Lox_Cropek
Member since 2008 • 3555 Posts

Doubtful, very doubtful. I say if you want to play a console game buy a console, not very expensive.Im_single
Not very expensive!!?? You're joking right?

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

Well,it´s because of situations like this that I have a PS3 as a secondary gaming system.

Arach666

I WILL be playing this on my PS3 when it comes out. Also White Knight Chronicles. But then again I love me some JRPGs, but you guys know this.

djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts

[QUOTE="djmillard2"][QUOTE="Megaman5364"] Final Fantasy should stay on the PS3 where it belongsJinroh_basic

because we of the Sony camp are the reason why the franchise is what it is today. we MADE the legacy and it's only right that we enjoy the privilege. boys, fall in and show these freeloaders our wrath!

seriously though, people were hopeful that it will come to pc when Square Enix announced its xbox360 debut. but that hope has not been materialised yet and i doubt it will be.

wow you just aren't smart. The franchise is what it is today because of Nintendo. That's where it started and stayed for a long time until VII. We're not saying you haven't helped the series but in no way did you start it or popularize it when it had already huge success with nintendo.
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jinroh_basic

[QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

[QUOTE="djmillard2"] i don't see a reason for it not to be on PC. I don't see a reason for it to only be on PS3 for that matter. Why shouldn't 360 owners get to enjoy it?djmillard2

wow you just aren't smart. The franchise is what it is today because of Nintendo. That's where it started and stayed for a long time until VII. We're not saying you haven't helped the series but in no way did you start it or popularize it when it had already huge success with nintendo.

you are welcome to take it seriously.

NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts
[QUOTE="Iantheone"] Never played XI or XII =D

Dude, seriously, you should play FF XII.. It's one of the best games in PS2. If you like Dragon Age's battle system, then you'll like FF XII.