Fighting Games For The PC! :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ryans273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Ryans273
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts

Hi all, iam a gamer i love games and i think the PC is the ultimate thing to play games on i have had my pc for a couple of years now it is great GoW looks amazing Assassins Creed too but why oh why dont they bring out fighting games for the PC i have always wondered this i mean the last fighting game on the PC i think was MK 4 so if you know why please let me know it would be much appreciated! :D

thanks ;)

Ryans 273

p.s- it is the same with th final fantasy games why they not on the PC it is a RPG man! :(

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

Hi all, iam a gamer i love games and i think the PC is the ultimate thing to play games on i have had my pc for a couple of years now it is great GoW looks amazing Assassins Creed too but why oh why dont they bring out fighting games for the PC i have always wondered this i mean the last fighting game on the PC i think was MK 4 so if you know why please let me know it would be much appreciated! :D

thanks ;)

Ryans 273

p.s- it is the same with th final fantasy games why they not on the PC it is a RPG man! :(

Ryans273

All I can tell you is that Tekken 5: Dark resurrection is the best fighting game I have ever played and its for my PS3, Soul Calibur 4 is another great fighting game and that is on the 360. For PC, hmmm, NONE!

But another reason I have my consoles, to fill the needs the PC cant provide me. Oh and I am not sure of the why, but I'm guessing its hard/difficult to properly port fighting game to PC format...

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts
there is tons of fighting games on pc. I found them to mustly asain, there is even fighting mmo's. Tons of free ones as well.
nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
fighting games are just better with a controller for one. second Final Fantasy, until now, has been a PS3 only franchise. Now its coming to the 360!! But yeah, unless it comes out as a game for windows i doubt it will ever come to PC.
Ryans273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ryans273
[QUOTE="Ryans273"]

thanks ;)

Ryans 273

GPAddict

All I can tell you is that Tekken 5: Dark resurrection is the best fighting game I have ever played and its for my PS3, Soul Calibur 4 is another great fighting game and that is on the 360. For PC, hmmm, NONE!

But another reason I have my consoles, to fill the needs the PC cant provide me. Oh and I am not sure of the why, but I'm guessing its hard/difficult to properly port fighting game to PC format...

shame they dont bring them out for the pc i think they would look amazing on PC like Tekken and Aoul Calibur they looks amazing......... I cant wait for Street Fighter 4 to come out that is coming out on the PC YEAH! :D

Thanks for the comment!

Ryans273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ryans273

fighting games are just better with a controller for one. second Final Fantasy, until now, has been a PS3 only franchise. Now its coming to the 360!! But yeah, unless it comes out as a game for windows i doubt it will ever come to PC.nicknees93

ok yeah they are betta with a controller but you do know you can get tons of controllers for pc. I think we will see alot of fighting games coming out for the PC when the new Street Fighter game comes out! :D

sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sandeep410
Member since 2004 • 1180 Posts
SF4 is a 2d crap fighting games which no true fighting game fan will care about.
G013M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 G013M
Member since 2006 • 6424 Posts

SF4 is a 2d crap fighting games which no true fighting game fan will care about.sandeep410

Hmm?

The Street Fighter series is one of the best fighting series out there.

Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

Here are a few upcoming games to keep track of that might interest you OP:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/streetfighteriv/index.html

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/deadoraliveonline/index.html

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thelastremnant/index.html (Square Enix title since you mentioned FF)

I thought there was recently another somewhat popular upcoming console fighting game where a PC version was suprisingly mentioned. It was a 2D fighter maybe?...ack, I don't remember...maybe someone else does or can tell me I'm dreaming :P

As stated, consoles typically have an audience that are more interested in fighting games. Also, the couch/TV configuration (very common with consoles) provides a better setting for most people for local multiplayer gameplay in games like these.

However, while more prevalent on consoles, they are certainly possible on the PC, especially with it's vast control options (gamepads are no problem). I'm likely going to pick up SF4 PC.

Ryans273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ryans273

Here are a few upcoming games to keep track of that might interest you OP:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/streetfighteriv/index.html

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/deadoraliveonline/index.html

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thelastremnant/index.html (Square Enix title since you mentioned FF)

I thought there was recently another somewhat popular upcoming console fighting game where a PC version was suprisingly mentioned. It was a 2D fighter maybe?...ack, I don't remember...maybe someone else does or can tell me I'm dreaming :P

As stated, consoles typically have an audience that are more interested in fighting games. Also, the couch/TV configuration (very common with consoles) provides a better setting for most people for local multiplayer gameplay in games like these.

However, while more prevalent on consoles, they are certainly possible on the PC, especially with it's vast control options (gamepads are no problem). I'm likely going to pick up SF4 PC.

Nitrous2O

Thank you for your comment it was really appreciated you seem to be talking sense and thnks for the links youa re very wise lol :D

Ryans273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ryans273

Nitrous20

Thanks for showing me that game The Last Remnant it looks outstanding i cant belive i havnt heard of it i can see me gettin it! :D

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
Theres Melty Blood:Act Cadenza? :) It's pretty solid.
Ryans273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ryans273

Theres Melty Blood:Act Cadenza? :) It's pretty solid.killab2oo5

cool thanks i will check it out!

AzureEm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AzureEm
Member since 2008 • 788 Posts

fighting games are just better with a controller for one. second Final Fantasy, until now, has been a PS3 only franchise. Now its coming to the 360!! But yeah, unless it comes out as a game for windows i doubt it will ever come to PC.nicknees93

FF VII and VIII (PC) say hi

And for TC, if you like games like Marvel vs Capcom try M.U.G.E.N (A freeware fighting game with literally thousands of characters at your downloading disposal)

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]Theres Melty Blood:Act Cadenza? :) It's pretty solid.Ryans273

cool thanks i will check it out!

It's kinda hard to find (for me it was.). I think you can get it at meltybread.com...and it now has netplay. I still suck so you can add me and we can play sometime.
mahdix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mahdix
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

King of Fighters XII is coming for PC (according to several sources)

So yeah, the newest entry in the one of the best fighting game series is coming.

I'm pretty comfortable with using a keyboard for fighting games, infact i'm better with a keyboard then a controller since QCF and HCF motions are much easier to perform.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

SF4 is a 2d crap fighting games which no true fighting game fan will care about.sandeep410

What what what what? All the best and most competitve fighters are 2d by consensus..

Ryans273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ryans273

[QUOTE="sandeep410"]SF4 is a 2d crap fighting games which no true fighting game fan will care about.sSubZerOo

What what what what? All the best and most competitve fighters are 2d by consensus..

you have got that right i mean you cant beat old skool Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat

Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

King of Fighters XII is coming for PC (according to several sources)

mahdix

Yeah, yeah. Pretty sure that was the other game I was thinking of http://www.videogamer.com/news/08-10-2008-9590.html

Thanks

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#21 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts
Well, you kind of need a good controller for fighting games, playing them with a keyboard just doesn't cut it, and as a developer or publisher you just can't rely on everybody purchasing a 360 or PS2 controller.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Well, you kind of need a good controller for fighting games, playing them with a keyboard just doesn't cut it, and as a developer or publisher you just can't rely on everybody purchasing a 360 or PS2 controller.NoAssKicker47

This makes my head hurt.. You can get a decent controler for $10 by logitech to play the game.. Any one who uses a keyboard because they think they have to, isn't quite all together in the head.

Cherub_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cherub_Rock
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts

What are you smoking? Thats like saying, "Starcraft 2 is a crap overhead RTS games which no true RTS game fan will care about."

I'm sure that your statement would probably offend even most Tekken junkies.

On another note, did someone mention that SF4 is coming to PC? Wow, I mean, WOW, i can't wait. That would definately justify buying an X-Arcade setup. Or perhaps there will be an official PC joystick by then?

Gametap has a ton of old fighting games but the emulation is terribad. For example, Street Fighter Alpha looks and plays better on the PS1 then what Gametap calls emulation. They have plenty of Capcom classics and almost all of the SNK fighters except World Heroes and Double Dragon (off the top of my head). However, online play is laggy. I mean, you can't lag in a fighting game; it just isn't viable.

Here's to hoping that SF4 online for the PC will be awesome.

JnWycliffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JnWycliffe
Member since 2008 • 769 Posts
sf4 to the rescue!!!
Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lidve
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts
Guilty Gear
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Theres Melty Blood:Act Cadenza? :) It's pretty solid.killab2oo5

Excellent game.

Act Cadenza's predecessor, while inferior as a fighting game overall, also offers what is probably the best Story mode in any fighting game ever. Problem is, you won't understand much of it without first reading through Tsukihime..

The next installment in the franchise, Actress Again, is looking great. MB:AA will only be out in arcades initially, but it'll eventually make its way to the PC. On a side-note, I'm glad to see Hisui & Kohaku are playable seperately (people were assuming early on that you could only play them in tag.)