FFXIII should have been on PC, too.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 0

#1 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

I played it at my friends house yesterday. I think it would work really well on the PC. What do you guys think?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#2 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts
FF7 and FF8 did come to the PC, as did the more recent Square Enix RPG The Last Remnant. Apparently The Last Remnant sold OK on Steam, so there could be hope.
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
It will come to PC sooner or later. Square-Enix just need to make a very small investment to finish the PC version that was used as base for the x360/PS3 ports.
Avatar image for RichardStallman
RichardStallman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 RichardStallman
Member since 2009 • 1233 Posts
I bet it's gonna be, Square Enix publishing PC games now, Last Remnant did decently, and there's a userbase. I'm not interested, though.
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
Well. They won't be seeing my money, I HATE FF!
carlosjuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 carlosjuero
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts
Meh - I see no harm in different platforms having their own games. There is no need to port every game to every platform, that leads to problems for many developers/publishers in my eyes (bad ports with wonky control schemes that don't work on one or the other platform properly, etc). FF XIII looks... ok, but isn't anything I would care if it comes to PC or not. I stopped truly loving FF games after FF IX to be honest, they have just gone into directions that don't interest me much.
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

I would like to see it come to PC. I have a PS3 but I enjoy playing games on my PC more. I have a gamepad for it so I am good there if need be.

SaPhIrX_lOl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#8 SaPhIrX_lOl
Member since 2009 • 592 Posts

I will get it probably if it comes to PC. But have you guys seen the commercial? The music is horrible, lol..

DasVolks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DasVolks
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts
Well. They won't be seeing my money, I HATE FF!rmfd341
Same. Turn based combat, annoying characters, all characters look like females, huge swords...kill me now. JRPG's suck.
teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

I played it at my friends house yesterday. I think it would work really well on the PC. What do you guys think?

orb_03_2006

I think you should get yourself a console.

Blade8Aus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blade8Aus
Member since 2006 • 1819 Posts

If they make it for PC I'll give it go. :) Although I don't expect a port anytime soon to be honest.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts

I will get it probably if it comes to PC. But have you guys seen the commercial? The music is horrible, lol..

SaPhIrX_lOl
Yeah, Leona Lewis is a god-awful singer. I have no idea how she is as popular as she is :l She also did that awful song for Avatar. But yeah, I don't mind that FFXIII isn't on PC since all that game manages to prove with its very existence is that the FF series is long past it's prime. It is by far the worst in the series, and that's INCLUDING the MMO.
Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

Yeah....but only if there are nude mods:twisted:

XXI_World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 XXI_World
Member since 2008 • 2050 Posts

Yeah....but only if there are nude mods:twisted:

call_of_duty_10

Holy Cocoon! *facepalm*

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Ive got both the pc an a xbox..Playing ff13 an im at least 10 hours in..Music an gameplay along with graphics is amazing..Music fits the story, the story so far is pretty graphic...Shocking the first few hours..

SaPhIrX_lOl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SaPhIrX_lOl

[QUOTE="SaPhIrX_lOl"]

unclejohnny79

that horrible music isint in the game in fact this game has a great score!

Ah, but the commercial still sucks!

SaPhIrX_lOl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SaPhIrX_lOl

[QUOTE="SaPhIrX_lOl"]

kieranb2000

Yeah, Leona Lewis is a god-awful singer. I have no idea how she is as popular as she is :l She also did that awful song for Avatar. But yeah, I don't mind that FFXIII isn't on PC since all that game manages to prove with its very existence is that the FF series is long past it's prime. It is by far the worst in the series, and that's INCLUDING the MMO.

So it was Leona after all? Well i only like metal etc so this is not even close to my taste of music. I would like to have FF on the PC but FF will always have it's place as a Playstation game (The first FF game i played was on PS1).

SaPhIrX_lOl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SaPhIrX_lOl

[QUOTE="rmfd341"]Well. They won't be seeing my money, I HATE FF!DasVolks
Same. Turn based combat, annoying characters, all characters look like females, huge swords...kill me now. JRPG's suck.

I dunno man, i like girls with big swords... :oops:

fyor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fyor
Member since 2005 • 665 Posts

[QUOTE="DasVolks"][QUOTE="rmfd341"]Well. They won't be seeing my money, I HATE FF!SaPhIrX_lOl

+1 :D

Doomsong83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Doomsong83
Member since 2010 • 108 Posts

Japanese RPGs? Yawwwwwwwwnnnnn!

NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts
It's ok but.. I'll probably get it on PS3.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
FF7 and FF8 did come to the PC, as did the more recent Square Enix RPG The Last Remnant. Apparently The Last Remnant sold OK on Steam, so there could be hope.madrocketeer
For real? i thought it sold terribly, well good to know.
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts

well i wont be surprised if it comes a bit later, they are probably thinking about it. they wont announce anything until they are 100%, they dont want to hurt console sales after all. I already picked it up for ps3, and i think its a wonderful game even if its not what I expected or really wanted.

SaPhIrX_lOl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SaPhIrX_lOl

Doomsong83

Got that right! :lol:

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kevy619

[QUOTE="Doomsong83"]

SaPhIrX_lOl

Got that right! :lol:

lol, some of them are really awesome, mind you final fantasy games are far from the best.
djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts

[QUOTE="kieranb2000"][QUOTE="SaPhIrX_lOl"]

SaPhIrX_lOl

So it was Leona after all? Well i only like metal etc so this is not even close to my taste of music. I would like to have FF on the PC but FF will always have it's place as a Playstation game (The first FF game i played was on PS1).

herp derp FF started on nintendo
nevralgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nevralgo
Member since 2010 • 126 Posts
If it does come out for PC, it would most probably be a bad port or something like that. Most of the games, made first for consoles and then for PC, are not as good, when talking the PC version. There are nearly always some controls issue or graphics issue or some other problem.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
If it does come out for PC, it would most probably be a bad port or something like that. Most of the games, made first for consoles and then for PC, are not as good, when talking the PC version. There are nearly always some controls issue or graphics issue or some other problem.nevralgo
Couldnt agree more, thats what i am always saying.
Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
Uh. Sure maybe...but...lol I dont think I could stand those not so natural voices....
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kevy619

If it does come out for PC, it would most probably be a bad port or something like that. Most of the games, made first for consoles and then for PC, are not as good, when talking the PC version. There are nearly always some controls issue or graphics issue or some other problem.nevralgo
Im sure it will play fine with a gamepad, keyboard and mouse might be weird just because of its design but still. Im also sure it would run fine, its not overly complex but does have a nice art design. Im also going by the fact that last remnant is pretty much unplayable on 360 but runs fine on pc.

nevralgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nevralgo
Member since 2010 • 126 Posts

[QUOTE="nevralgo"]If it does come out for PC, it would most probably be a bad port or something like that. Most of the games, made first for consoles and then for PC, are not as good, when talking the PC version. There are nearly always some controls issue or graphics issue or some other problem.kevy619

Im sure it will play fine with a gamepad, keyboard and mouse might be weird just because of its design but still. Im also sure it would run fine, its not overly complex but does have a nice art design. Im also going by the fact that last remnant is pretty much unplayable on 360 but runs fine on pc.

They must put their hearts into it in order to become a good port. Not to mention a lot of hard work. They have to remake most of the game's core. Most studios don't put that kind of effort and in most cases it's not worth it, because the games that get ported are mainly anticipated on the console market. The PC gamers are not as pushy for the console games, mainly due to the fact, that they haven't played through the entire (or most of) the series. So in order for the studios to put in that kind of work, they need to have solid proof, that their product will be profitable on the PC market.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

if anything versus 13 should come to on the pc not regular 13.

Berserker1_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Berserker1_5
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

Isn't the company about to declare bankruptcy. That is the reason for FFXIII early release. I doubt they want to spend money to expand on PC when the chances are, people wont buy. It probably wont be a good investment.

Though, I do hope they try to

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#35 Theguy56
Member since 2003 • 1379 Posts

Doomsong83

I could say the same for lots of Western RPGs.

Anyway, I wouldn't trust the PC for these type of genres, no offense.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kevy619

[QUOTE="Doomsong83"]

Theguy56

trust the pc? I think I know what you mean... maybe...
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

[QUOTE="DasVolks"][QUOTE="rmfd341"]Well. They won't be seeing my money, I HATE FF!SaPhIrX_lOl

Except the guys look like girls with big swords, too. Final Fantasy is dead in my eyes...sad too used to love the old NES and SNES games.
Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#38 Theguy56
Member since 2003 • 1379 Posts

[QUOTE="Theguy56"]

[QUOTE="Doomsong83"]

kevy619

trust the pc? I think I know what you mean... maybe...

JRPGs are one of those types of games that aren't popular on the PC, like kart racers or platformers.

I think I know what you were thinking :P

siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 siafni
Member since 2005 • 629 Posts

Since Square is not bound to any exclusivity agreement, I think it is likely to come to pc... porting shouldn't take long and there's money to be made, so... I'm looking forward to that.

phildo77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 phildo77
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

If there is a PC version released I'm in! Anyone know what the average time has been for the PC version to be released after the original console version is released?

NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts

If there is a PC version released I'm in! Anyone know what the average time has been for the PC version to be released after the original console version is released?

phildo77
You're already playing it on PS3 !! What the...?
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
[QUOTE="SaPhIrX_lOl"]

[QUOTE="kieranb2000"] Yeah, Leona Lewis is a god-awful singer. I have no idea how she is as popular as she is :l She also did that awful song for Avatar. But yeah, I don't mind that FFXIII isn't on PC since all that game manages to prove with its very existence is that the FF series is long past it's prime. It is by far the worst in the series, and that's INCLUDING the MMO.djmillard2

Yeah for me FF will always have its place on NES/SNES. FF3 (FF6 in Japan) will always be the very best FF to me. Starting with 7 I just didn't enjoy them as much.
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts

Isn't the company about to declare bankruptcy. That is the reason for FFXIII early release. I doubt they want to spend money to expand on PC when the chances are, people wont buy. It probably wont be a good investment.

Berserker1_5
Square Enix filing for bankruptcy? Are you nuts?
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts

Berserker1_5
I think you probably misread a few things, you see Square Enix recently bought up a few developers that went bankrupt, and Eidos that was pretty close. Square Enix themselves are one of the more financially sound publishers.
SaPhIrX_lOl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SaPhIrX_lOl

[QUOTE="SaPhIrX_lOl"]

[QUOTE="kieranb2000"] Yeah, Leona Lewis is a god-awful singer. I have no idea how she is as popular as she is :l She also did that awful song for Avatar. But yeah, I don't mind that FFXIII isn't on PC since all that game manages to prove with its very existence is that the FF series is long past it's prime. It is by far the worst in the series, and that's INCLUDING the MMO.djmillard2

I learned something today.