FFXI Vanadiel 2008 Collection

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shaddix55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 shaddix55
Member since 2003 • 1242 Posts
I just bought this and I'm really loving it. Is there anything I should know to help me start out? :D Any mods I can download or add-ons?
astri_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 astri_14
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts

Farm something profitable (silk thread was always good and cornettes) and sell it at auction house in Jeuno when you hit level 20.

Use proper subjob to your mainjob, don't be a **** gimp player and buy the best gear, even if it means farming for weeks to get +1 more accuracy. Warrior, monk, ninja, bard, redmage are the only jobs anyone cares about in EXP parties and anything not those jobs is all anyone cares about in end game.

Expect to wait 3-4hrs for a party that lasts 1-2hrs and gets you barely any EXP, you cannot solo on 90% of the jobs.

If your gear is gimp, you will miss, miss, miss or hit for extraordinarly low damage. Game takes no skill, just good gear.

No one cares about eachother in the game anymore unless you were already in an established linkshell with friends, prepare to get **** hard.

Played for 4 years, 75 BRD, NIN, BLM with top of the line gear. Most depressing 4 years of my life. Game is horrible, pick something else out.

Have fun, the game is dead ever since Wings of the Goddess came out, filled with idiots and a few elitists.

thesaintdogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 thesaintdogg
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I just bought this and I'm really loving it. Is there anything I should know to help me start out? Any mods I can download or add-ons?

Game is horrible, pick something else out.

Have fun, the game is dead ever since Wings of the Goddess came out, filled with idiots and a few elitists.

________

LoL Sorry... thank you astri, I have been trying to decide whether to start or not... but not being able to solo on 90& of the jobs alone truns me away, let alone the rest....

thanks for the info...

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Farm something profitable (silk thread was always good and cornettes) and sell it at auction house in Jeuno when you hit level 20.

Use proper subjob to your mainjob, don't be a **** gimp player and buy the best gear, even if it means farming for weeks to get +1 more accuracy. Warrior, monk, ninja, bard, redmage are the only jobs anyone cares about in EXP parties and anything not those jobs is all anyone cares about in end game.

Expect to wait 3-4hrs for a party that lasts 1-2hrs and gets you barely any EXP, you cannot solo on 90% of the jobs.

If your gear is gimp, you will miss, miss, miss or hit for extraordinarly low damage. Game takes no skill, just good gear.

No one cares about eachother in the game anymore unless you were already in an established linkshell with friends, prepare to get **** hard.

Played for 4 years, 75 BRD, NIN, BLM with top of the line gear. Most depressing 4 years of my life. Game is horrible, pick something else out.

astri_14

Yup. I highlighted the reasons this was one of the worst MMO experiences of my life.

Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts
[QUOTE="astri_14"]

Johnny_Rock

Yup. I highlighted the reasons this was one of the worst MMO experiences of my life.

Agree 100% However 90% of these problems could have been solved if Square Enix would have just done what Every North American asked and opened US only servers so people could actually get groups instead of watching dozens of japanese players get groups ahead of yourself. I played it for a year and gave up because it just became too annoying to get groups when 80% of each server was Japanese. Even with the "Unnofficial" English servers that were designated by fansites it just didn't matter.