This topic is locked from further discussion.

kakishi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 kakishi1
Member since 2005 • 1065 Posts
Alrite im at the part when i need to blow up the ship and then a chopper comes with one of the main guys, im guessing this is near the end of the game. Well my problem is that i cant blow up the chopper in time before i die, i fire so many rockets into this thing but it doesnt seem like its gonna go down, any tips?
dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts

If your at the bit i think your at, you are nowhere near the end of the game. Probably about 1/5 of the way through.

Is it the bit where you blow up the boat with explosives and then have to get off before it sinks ???

If so, this bit is quite hard.

Use the assault rifle and take out the gunner on the helicopter. That is usually easier than shooting it with rockets.

muchmoneyg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 muchmoneyg
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts
i know exactily what you mean, this is impossible. i got to this part and just gave up. it gives you no way of making it out of there (on hard at least). i tried to stay on the ship and blow it up but the damn thing sunk before i could do much damage, and if you swim away to the island you'll run out of ammo before the thing blows up. i shot about 20 rockets into the side of that thing and it still didnt blow up. and one bullet from the helicoper and ur a goner :(
kakishi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 kakishi1
Member since 2005 • 1065 Posts
O.o 1/5... ahhhh such a long game alrite ill give it a go with the rifle and see how i do, thx
koza_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 koza_76
Member since 2005 • 338 Posts
There are two ways of beating this, 1) Take out the choppers pilot and/or gunner first real quickly, you prolly have 10-15 seconds to do so. 2) Hide from crate to crate sniping the mercs comming your way accross the top of the ship. Then find a safe hiding spot to take out the chopper. Use the assault rifle on single shot only. This way you have better aim. 3 round burst will be difficult to hit pilot in the head.
muchmoneyg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 muchmoneyg
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts
is there anywhere i can download a save file for this? i had to reinstall windows and i lost everything. i was at this part of the game
koza_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 koza_76
Member since 2005 • 338 Posts

is there anywhere i can download a save file for this? i had to reinstall windows and i lost everything. i was at this part of the gamemuchmoneyg

No idea, but it shouldn't be that hard to get to that part of the game again. Maybe an hour or two.

Luthorcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Luthorcrow
Member since 2003 • 696 Posts
This part was not really that hard. Crow should be swimming with the fishes in no time. I did it by going up to the main bridge and then hiding behind the wall, let the chopper gunner fire and the strafe to the doorway fire at him and then hide. If they try to swing around to the other side just switch (there is a door on either side of the bridge if I remember correctly). After a little dueling Crow is swimming. By the way, not to scare you but that scene is no where near the hardest scene in the game. The Vulcano level still gives anyone that has every bit it cold sweat nightmares.:P
Avatar image for TacticalElefant
TacticalElefant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 TacticalElefant
Member since 2007 • 900 Posts
It's roughly about 50-60% of the way through the game. You got to just continously pound the helicopter with lead and rockets. Eventually it'll go down, you just got to be good about getting behind cover and firing at the right oppurtunities.
madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#10 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts
I just stayed behind cover and threw rockets and OICW grenades at it until it dropped.
darkface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darkface
Member since 2004 • 5966 Posts

There are two ways of beating this, 1) Take out the choppers pilot and/or gunner first real quickly, you prolly have 10-15 seconds to do so. 2) Hide from crate to crate sniping the mercs comming your way accross the top of the ship. Then find a safe hiding spot to take out the chopper. Use the assault rifle on single shot only. This way you have better aim. 3 round burst will be difficult to hit pilot in the head.koza_76

Im fairly certain that you arent thinking of the right area of the game. He's fighting Crow, which is a ways after the carrier.