Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Goregrinder
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

Guys, I have a BIG problem (not this big tho),

I introduced my girlfriend to videogames (she likes Candy crush but... lol). So we played the Elders Scrolls and Witcher series and... she loves them !

I Wonder what other good fantasy open-world games you recommend ? I fought about Hellblade but I don't know if it's any good...

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#2 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@goregrinder said:

I introduced my girlfriend to videogames (she likes Candy crush but... lol). So we played the Elders Scrolls and Witcher series and... she loves them !

I Wonder what other good fantasy open-world games you recommend ? I fought about Hellblade but I don't know if it's any good...

Maybe Final Fantasy XV. My wife is loving it on PC right now.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@goregrinder said:

Hellblade isn't open world RPG, it's a linear story driven game.

Try the original Risen, ELEX is their new game but I didn't liked it too much.

Monster Hunter: World is coming soon on PC and I'm waiting for it. ("Monster Hunter: World doesn't have a specific PC release date yet, but should be out in autumn 2018.")

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

Risen wasn't bad, but Gothic 1 & 2 were def their best games.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@bussinrounds said:
@PredatorRules said:

Compared to Gothic 3 and 4 - I'd say Risen is like Gothic 2 in quality :D

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

@PredatorRules said:
@bussinrounds said:
@PredatorRules said:

Compared to Gothic 3 and 4 - I'd say Risen is like Gothic 2 in quality :D

SSssshhh...we don't speak of Gothic 4 here :P

Honestly, Piranha Byte games have a certain, idunno...charm? Je ne sais quoi? If you don't know what you are getting into, or don't have a reeeeeeeeally forgiving mentality and are willing to see diamonds in the rough, you won't like any of the Gothics, Risens, and ELEX.

It's hard for me to recommend them but, dammit, Gothic 3 really was the game that hooked me and taught me a lesson haha. Gothic 2 is probably the better game, but by the time I had gotten to it, it was dated.

Risen 1 is a spiritual successor (I guess they lost the name rights to Gothic?), and Risen 2 has pirates...for some reason. But it works.

ELEX is rough, my god is it. But I still find myself drawn to it. If these games are like "bad boys", then I'm a stupid girl thinking "He has a good heart! I can fix him!" :D

And they all have terrible, terrible English voice acting.

Loodko_Koopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Loodko_Koopus
Member since 2018 • 69 Posts

@goregrinder: I went through the same thing with my wife and my best suggestion is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It's a GREAT and fairly simple 3rd person action RPG, ok story, looks nice, my wife fell in love with it and I'm pretty sure your girlfriend will too.

Also, my wife really liked Assassins Creed, especially the 1 -3 part with Desmond.

mecha_frieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mecha_frieza
Member since 2007 • 1305 Posts

@goregrinder said:

I mean, once you play Skyrim and the Witcher 3, all other open world fantasy games are just lacking.

She could also check out Middle-earth: Shadow of War or the Dragon's Dogma series.

LollipopofFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LollipopofFury
Member since 2018 • 19 Posts

That might be a stupid reply but whatever.

You said about Elder Scrolls, I know but many people didn't even try the older titles from these series just because they're old. Well... I mean Arena and Redguard aren't very good (They are very bad if I want to be true) but give a try to Daggerfall. It's free and for me it was same experience as Skyrim. Battlespire was cool for me too but not many people share this opinnion (Also it's REALLY hard. ).