Fantastic tech demos of an engine called Quest3D!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indigoAK200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 indigoAK200
Member since 2004 • 235 Posts
I'm not sure how much knowledge there is in the general public about this engine; it's being used by VSTEP, a company that specializes in creating virtual training simulations. Anyways, the engine is called Quest3D and their website has some absolutely amazing technical demos of the engine available for download. They run by themselves at whatever resolutions your video hardware and monitor support and the vast majority of them make use of the latest DirectX 9 shader and GPU architectures.

If anyone is interested, the link can be found at:

http://www.quest3d.com/index.php?id=15

And I highly recommend the Azure Temple demo. It has simply the best water effects I have ever seen in this kind of engine, hands down. The artist of the demo shows a lot of talent for what he does, obviously.

Personally, I love these kinds of demos. Moreso than games. The skill and hard work people put into these things gives me a lot out of it, in terms of how polished and immersive they can be.

Anyways, if you're interested, have a look. :)
ddr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ddr
Member since 2003 • 177 Posts
Thanks a lot for that, im d/ling azure temple right now it looks really good !!
Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
I'm downloading it too. The preview image looks fantastic. Like you, I love these demo's. They relaly show off what you can achieve with a computer.